I have noticed the screencast icon pops up whenever taking a screenshot in blackberry notable. Is that intended behaviour?
    04-29-20 05:20 AM
    That's strange I don't have that on mine (Samsung Note 9 Android 10)
    maybe you changed a second app to open with?
    04-29-20 10:44 AM
    I have noticed the screencast icon pops up whenever taking a screenshot in blackberry notable. Is that intended behaviour?
    Do you mean Redactor?
    04-29-20 10:52 AM
    The application being used is Blackberry Notable. Whenever a screen grab is taken, this icon momentarily appears at the top of the android screen (see link below).
    https://static.thenounproject.com/png/708977-200.png
    I have confirmed this behaviour on a keyone and a key2le running the latest (and no longer supported?) build of the application.
    04-29-20 11:22 AM
    The application being used is Blackberry Notable. Whenever a screen grab is taken, this icon momentarily appears at the top of the android screen (see link below).
    https://static.thenounproject.com/png/708977-200.png
    I have confirmed this behaviour on a keyone and a key2le running the latest (and no longer supported?) build of the application.
    I can replicate this behavior with Redactor, but not with Notable...
    Not sure why it would appear though, and also not sure why it would be an issue.

Edit: My bad, I can indeed replicate with Notable.
    I'm guessing it uses certain Cast protocols to take the screen grab, thus showing the icon.
    04-29-20 11:40 AM
    I can replicate this behavior with Redactor, but not with Notable...
    Not sure why it would appear though, and also not sure why it would be an issue.
    **If** a blackberry phone was screencasting everytime a user did screen grab, I could see that as a bug (I don't see how it can be intentional.....especially if a picture of your screen was been broadcast to somewhere in cyberspace) in the application.....or a sign of an exploit (what a great way to "capture" what people find interesting) . The icon that pops up looks nothing like the redactor icon....exactly like the screencast icon.
    04-29-20 11:49 AM
    Go into settings and toggle off the option "open notable after every screen shot"
    04-29-20 08:41 PM
    Go into settings and toggle off the option "open notable after every screen shot"
    This does not turn off the screencast icon from appearing. I guess a packet sniff is in order to see if anything dubious is going on.....
    04-30-20 03:32 PM