So, after trying forever, I found out that I could not root my Priv to install an app and retrieve an important note recorded on a voice recorder app (not a BlackBerry voice note). Is there a way to retrieve this deleted note?
    02-16-18 06:58 PM
    What app? Which memory was it stored on? Was there encryption involved? What did you do when you tried to root? Did you ever perform a backup?
    02-16-18 11:19 PM
    App is called voice recorder. Not sure where it was saved but I'd guess on my phone memory. Not sure you can do a back up on the Priv like the older phones by connecting to a PC but did look in my Google drive and not sure I could identify it. I do not know if it was encrypted but do not think so. When rooting. I tried many apps but kept getting the message that my device could not be rooted. I searched in here and found threads about Priv being unrootable
    02-17-18 03:35 AM
    App is called voice recorder.
    Did you delete the app or the note?

Not sure where it was saved but I'd guess on my phone memory.
    You can attempt to recover files deleted from an SD card, the sooner the better. Internal memory would be iffy at best. Check with the app for where it stores, and what type of file. Guessing isn't nearly as helpful when searching.

Not sure you can do a back up on the Priv like the older phones by connecting to a PC
    Yes, you can move/copy data from internal memory to your PC. You would know if you'd done it.

When rooting. I tried many apps but kept getting the message that my device could not be rooted.
    Did any of this involve doing a factory reset, wipe, etc?
    02-17-18 07:32 AM
    I inadvertently deleted the note and not the app. When I look at location of recording it states the following "Location of recording (SD Card available)/storage/emulated/vrecorder" I have a file manager and the phone memory is called SD card and the SD card is SD1. I have tried to look at this root but there's nothing there. I have connected my phone to my PC in the past but you can transfer files to the PRIV but not from the PRIV to the PC unless I upload it to my google account (seen a few threads here supporting that). And, no, no factory reset, wipe, etc took place.
    02-17-18 09:36 AM
    Sounds like it was stored internally. You can verify where it writes by making another note, since from what I'm gathering, this was the only note you've recorded, however...

There's the chance it writes where the one you want to recover was placed. How long ago was it deleted? There is file recovery software, but again, it's better used for external storage, and with the frequency things are written to internal, unless this is a very recent event, you probably are out of luck.

If done properly, there is no reason you cannot transfer both to and from. You can use a USB cable, preferably with a 3.0 rating. You can connect using FTP via WiFi. Many good file managers offer this, as do dedicated apps. The cloud is yet another avenue, as you pointed out with Drive, though again there are many choices.
    02-17-18 10:48 AM