BlackBerry said no one will be able to root the device due to a technology they have implementation in the device called "Root of Trust". So unless proven otherwise, this device impossible to be rooted.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:03 PM
    BlackBerry said no one will be able to root the device due to a technology they have implementation in the device called "Root of Trust". So unless proven otherwise, this device impossible to be rooted.

Posted via CB10
    So far so good.
    12-06-15 08:19 PM
    Yeah I was wondering about that. We've gone a little while with no news.
    12-06-15 11:35 PM
    That would be BB10. If I can't have GPS and be able to run any app I want without going through hoops, Then I might as well stick with Blackberry 10. My phone is a tool not a toy, and being able to reliably answer calls and hear the other party is far more important then turning all icons into jiggling nipples.
    Dude you a nut!!!! ☺
    12-23-15 10:31 PM
    1. This is for the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G. the iPhone 3GS was explicitly excluded as it does not work.
    2. iPhones have been thoroughly dissected for Jailbreaking, and thus all vulnerabilities are well known.
    3. this was done over five years ago (first comments were posted 2,000 days ago). There has been advances in bootloader security.
    4. A Blackberry bootloader has NEVER been hacked. The entire Blackberry custom OS scene revolves around Hybrids, where signed modules from one OS version is mixed with signed modules from another version, with zero alteration to the modules themselves. The only Blackberrys in existence that can run unsigned code are used by Blackberry for development purposes and are tightly controlled. No exceptions. This is not Samsung or Apple, where security is an afterthought that gets patched after it becomes exploited.
    IPhone 6 and beyond cannot be jailbroken. Afterthought? Not anymore.
    12-23-15 10:39 PM
    IPhone 6 and beyond cannot be jailbroken. Afterthought? Not anymore.
    What? That's not true at all. All iPhone models are perfectly jailbreakable and iOS 9 was broken shortly after release.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-24-15 07:34 AM
    Still an afterthought. BlackBerry has very fundamental components that block jailbreaking from beiing possible, which would require iOS to be significantly rewritten.
    12-25-15 09:39 PM
    Why buy an Android that you can't root? As an end user, that is. Companies I could see preferring to buy an unrootable Android.

Root access is, from an old timey Linux user, and import feature of Linux based devices. It's your hardware and if you want to install or remove something, have at'r!

12-26-15 02:28 PM
    Why buy an Android that you can't root? As an end user, that is. Companies I could see preferring to buy an unrootable Android.

Root access is, from an old timey Linux user, and import feature of Linux based devices. It's your hardware and if you want to install or remove something, have at'r!

Android is a fork of linux and is not marketed as a linux relation. Rooting is irrelevant to the Priv's target audience. Anyone that wants a rootable high end Android phone with a keyboard can just get a Oneplus and a Bluetooth keyboard. Not like a turnkey and mostly seamless setup was a consideration anyways.
    12-27-15 02:50 AM

You just answered your own question. BlackBerry are still going for the Enterprise customer first and the everyday consumer second. Not saying it's the right strategy, but that's what they're doing.

They also know that 99% of consumer Android users haven't got a clue what rooting is and wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in doing it. It's a tiny slice of the Android user base who specially look for a phone that can root because they want to be able to do it.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2789 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.6.28
    diegonei likes this.
    12-29-15 07:04 PM
85 ... 234