BlackBerry wants to differentiate from the rest of the pack. This is why they'll offer the experience suite to download later for other devices...for a fee.

Posted via CB10
    It's already available to download, as mentioned above...for free.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:51 AM
    And now that their software has been ripped, the audience of who will pay for that software when it's released has gotten smaller. Thus, their revenue will shrink on their proprietary software, and there goes bb's comeback

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:54 AM
    Eventhough I already got the keyboard I'll definetly pay for the experience suite as I need the password keeper, and I definitely will not use a patched app for passwords.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-08-15 07:03 AM
    Eventhough I already got the keyboard I'll definetly pay for the experience suite as I need the password keeper, and I definitely will not use a patched app for passwords.

Now, you're probably in the minority of those who will my man. Truth be told, I knew this was probably going to happen. With them choosing to stay so close to stock and having the apps update on the Play Store, it was only a matter of time.
    11-08-15 07:09 AM
    anyways ??? OK but now they are for free ... no one will pay for experience suite anymore ....
    Who said the experience suite for consumers will not be free ?
    I believe that's another round a la BBM: Free basic services, probably value added paying services.
    We'll be informed soon, I'd guess.
    11-08-15 11:09 AM
    Can this be patched to work on 4.4.2?

11-09-15 05:28 AM
    Moved to the new forum Android BlackBerry Phones & OS/Android Apps
    (Forum for discussion of Android apps on the Priv, rooting, etc.)
    11-09-15 02:00 PM
    No one in this forum has believed me, when i said only if BlackBerry do a miracle can patch the holes of Android. And one of this is security.
    Now you had seen by your eyes.

How John can kill BB10 and replace with Android for governments?? In which dream?
    Do you has expect that BlackBerry can fix all of holes of Android? When Google with all they money and in 8 years hasn't able to do?
    Keep Dreaming.
    LOL... BlackBerry isn't responsible for protecting governments.

Maybe BlackBerry understands that governments don't need BB10. Clearly, BB10 isn't paying the bills.

Not entirely sure Android will, but hey.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-09-15 02:22 PM
    How John can kill BB10 and replace with Android for governments?? In which dream?
    The same way governments can disable installing/sideloading untrusted (or not signed and pushed) APKs on BB10 : With BES or Good policies.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-09-15 at 05:26 PM.
    Laura Knotek and cgk like this.
    11-09-15 05:04 PM
    Oh Yeah. You really think the problem with Android security is all about the .APK from other sources?
    Do you really believe that BES can make the same security level of BB10?

It's time for you to study. Android is a bad OS and also if BlackBerry has patched don't has changed the story. It's been 8 years that has the same issue, first about performance. And now you come here and believe that BlackBerry can fix everything?
    But don't worry you are going to seen the truth. I just waiting like i have waiting before.
    11-10-15 02:02 AM
    Wait a minute. We were talking about Android security in the gov. context, right ?
    In that particular case, let me take this assumption as a fact : hardware, policies and back end secure it right.
    Add some BlackBerry divisions services like Secusmart and WatchDox and you've met the highest grade.
    Let's see how it'll go with certifications (DOD and Govs.).

Now for the customers side, let's say ATM it's "more secure" than most others, starting with the "rooting protection" (not unique, AFAIK).
    I believe the main point is to make users aware of the risks and good practices. Therefore, I believe DTEK (that some may want to nail as "passive") is a great addition as it combines both ease of use and fast diagnostic in a simple interface.

Edit : as they probably put it in a way better form, I'll quote AC :
    As security monitoring apps go, DTEK is fairly user friendly. It lets you know how secure you are being, and gives simple yet clear instructions on how to improve your personal security. It's a relatively small thing, and you don't ever have to use it if you don't want to, but as peace of mind goes this app probably helps a lot.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/five-t...ry-priv#slide5
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-10-15 at 04:40 AM.
    11-10-15 04:26 AM
    Now for the customers side, let's say ATM it's "more secure" than most others, starting with the "rooting protection" (not unique, AFAIK).
    From a consumer point of view, no evidence of this - likely less secure than a current nexus device.
    11-10-15 04:27 AM
    I'm no expert, but the (probably) most security focused guy at AC (Jerry) did state it was on par or even (slightly) greater, if I remind correctly.
    Sorry, not time to back it up right now, but you may find it in the "BlackBerry PrivCast" :
    Android Central 261: The BlackBerry Privcast | Android Central
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-10-15 at 04:36 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary quote
    11-10-15 04:35 AM
    I'm no expert, but the (probably) most security focused guy at AC (Jerry) did state it was on par or even (slightly) greater, if I remind correctly.
    Sorry, not time to back it up right now, but you may find it in the "BlackBerry PrivCast" :
    Android Central 261: The BlackBerry Privcast | Android Central
    Security we could argue about but privacy I don't think we can - it's no more private than any other Lollipop device and certainly less private than a marshmallow device.
    11-10-15 04:37 AM
    Marshmallow will come. Jerry also praised they did not jump into the hype yet and wait to be ready before they embrace it.
    That's a new play field for BlackBerry and adding a brand new OS with little "real life scenario" feedback yet would have done nothing but put the device at risk, both for usage and security.
    I mean, you're probably right, but what else could have be done ?
    They have to deal with the cards & schedule.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-10-15 at 05:19 AM.
    cgk likes this.
    11-10-15 04:44 AM
    Is it worth it?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:07 AM
91 ... 234