What I meant is that every single bit provided by BlackBerry is (should be) built in such a way that you simply can't use it for anything else than its purpose and destination (device). Sorry, I should have limited my statement in generic words as I must admit I have little technical skills (near zero) in the Android space and my approximative wording can lead to confusion.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-03-15 at 02:30 AM.
    11-03-15 01:22 AM
    I find it ironic that we here at CB criticize app devs for using Google play services in their apps and blocking BB from accessing certain apps in the amazon app-store and we are forced to patch apps and hunt older working versions of apps, but god forbid anyone trying to do the same to BB android apps....
    cgk likes this.
    11-03-15 02:35 AM
    What I meant is that every single bit provided by BlackBerry is (should be) built in such a way that you simply can't use it for anything else than its purpose and destination (device). Sorry, I should have limited my statement in generic words as I must admit I have little technical skills (near zero) in the Android space and my approximative wording can lead to confusion.
    I'm not sure if that's possible with android.

Ya you'll need someone with access to a PRIV to obtain the apk but I think it can just be side loaded to any android device afterwards.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-03-15 06:05 AM
    The app may (should) have a (physical) PIN check. BlackBerry mentionned the Priv will have that (all chips hardcoded with a random PIN) .
    So I believe that if the PIN (AFAIK only Samsung Knox enabled devices have one too) is missing ...
    But, again, that's just my expectations ...
    11-03-15 09:16 AM
    The app may (should) have a (physical) PIN check. BlackBerry mentionned the Priv will have that (all chips hardcoded with a random PIN) .
    So I believe that if the PIN (AFAIK only Samsung Knox enabled devices have one too) is missing ...
    Should be a way to spoof that?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-03-15 10:04 AM
    See, that's what I want to test out. I need a Priv to download it via Play store but I want to test it out on a few other devices.

Can someone please assist by posting?

Really? Who here has a Priv already?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-03-15 10:13 AM
    The app may (should) have a (physical) PIN check. BlackBerry mentioned the Priv will have that (all chips hardcoded with a random PIN) .
    Bla1ze nicely wrote was I was desperately trying to explain :

BlackBerry has performed extensive work under the hood to augment Android's privacy and security capabilities including bringing in BlackBerry's Hardware Root of Trust to Priv, a unique manufacturing process that injects cryptographic keys into the device hardware, providing a secure foundation for the entire platform. From there, they added verified boot and secure bootchain, which uses the embedded keys to verify every layer of the device from hardware to OS to applications in order to make sure they haven't been tampered with
    BlackBerry Priv Review | CrackBerry.com
    11-06-15 04:13 AM
    Yes and it was a nice idea but...

(my LG G4)

Post the BB Keyboard APK from Play Store-2015-11-07-13.15.04.jpg

Edit: Just installed launcher that works fine as well (pop-up widgets are nice).

Post the BB Keyboard APK from Play Store-2015-11-07-14.05.13.jpg
    Last edited by cgk; 11-07-15 at 08:09 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-07-15 07:22 AM
    And KB on its way too.
    So I was wrong (check appears to be one way). lol won't be the last time. Can live with that !

Let's spin it positive and say this will be free beta testing for the broader Android launch
    cgk likes this.
    11-07-15 08:58 AM
    And KB on its way too.
    So I was wrong (check appears to be one way). lol won't be the last time. Can live with that !

Let's spin it positive and say this will be free beta testing for the broader Android launch
    On way? Post the BB Keyboard APK from Play Store-uploadfromtaptalk1446909178390.jpg
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-07-15 09:13 AM
    On way? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446909178390.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	379419
    Could you elaborate how you got this on your G4?
    11-07-15 02:46 PM
    Could you elaborate how you got this on your G4?
    List of working Blackberry APKs | BlackBerry Priv (Venice) | XDA Forums
    ehsanp and cgk like this.
    11-07-15 02:49 PM
    Thanks very much! Typing with BlackBerry keyboard right now. Man I've missed this so much since switching to android.
    11-07-15 03:08 PM

(BlackBerry has performed extensive work under the hood to augment Android's privacy and security capabilities including bringing in BlackBerry's Hardware Root of Trust to Priv, a unique manufacturing process that injects cryptographic keys into the device hardware, providing a secure foundation for the entire platform. From there, they added verified boot and secure bootchain, which uses the embedded keys to verify every layer of the device from hardware to OS to applications in order to make sure they haven't been tampered with)

SEEMS BLAZE WAS TALKING RUBBISH , in less than one day , 5 000 000 people are typing with BB VKB on any droid device ...

nice job .... now whoever can "buy" experience suite for free ....

RIP BlackBerry
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-07-15 03:13 PM
    Also got the hub working. I really missed it being on Android for a year

http://forum.xda-developers.com/blac...3234045/page35
    11-07-15 04:28 PM

(BlackBerry has performed extensive work under the hood to augment Android's privacy and security capabilities including bringing in BlackBerry's Hardware Root of Trust to Priv, a unique manufacturing process that injects cryptographic keys into the device hardware, providing a secure foundation for the entire platform. From there, they added verified boot and secure bootchain, which uses the embedded keys to verify every layer of the device from hardware to OS to applications in order to make sure they haven't been tampered with)

SEEMS BLAZE WAS TALKING RUBBISH , in less than one day , 5 000 000 people are typing with BB VKB on any droid device ...

RIP BlackBerry
    Nope. I believe (you and) I just read it wrong. I've even been warned about it, but I guess I was setting my security expectations a bit too high. What Bla1ze wrote is right. But it's not 2 ways. It's one way, system to app, not the other way.

AFAIK, APKs have been "tricked" to detach them from the device type and run on other devices. Some of them are dependant so that you have... ok, they did it. These APKs are the "BlackBerry Experience suite" that should be released for a broader Android distribution soon. Anyways.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:18 PM
    Nope. I believe (you and) I just read it wrong. I've even been warned about it, but I guess I was setting my security expectations a bit too high. What Bla1ze wrote is right. But it's not 2 ways. It's one way, system to app, not the other way.

AFAIK, APKs have been "tricked" to detach them from the device type and run on other devices. Some of them are dependant so that you have... ok, they did it. These APKs are the "BlackBerry Experience suite" that should be released for a broader Android distribution soon. Anyways.

Posted via CB10
    anyways ??? OK but now they are for free ... no one will pay for experience suite anymore ....

What was B1aze talking about was just marketing stuff .... reality is that BB aps are now for free ... iconic apps that no one will need to buy BB device anymore ..

They wanted it and they have it .....
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-08-15 at 06:46 AM.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-08-15 02:42 AM
    anyways ??? OK but now they are for free ... no one will pay for experience suite anymore ....

What was B1aze talking about was just marketing sh!t .... reality is that BB aps are now for free ... iconic apps that no one will need to buy BB device anymore ..

They wanted it and they have it .....
    Welcome to android which almost everything can be patched lol

I think bb security stuff is more to dtek (which currently just can perform limited to tell us "which app is using our location, data, etc). He said clearly, it works oneway, either you want to use the app with compromised or uninstall it

I tried the vkb, and uninstalled it as well, no shortcut to emoji, and i don't use swipe, so stick to the stock vkb

Let's see for the hub
    11-08-15 03:17 AM
    Hahahaha o man, not again BlackBerry.
    Fail! Fail! Fail!

Posted via PP
    11-08-15 03:35 AM
    Welcome to android which almost everything can be patched lol

I think bb security stuff is more to dtek (which currently just can perform limited to tell us "which app is using our location, data, etc). He said clearly, it works oneway, either you want to use the app with compromised or uninstall it

I tried the vkb, and uninstalled it as well, no shortcut to emoji, and i don't use swipe, so stick to the stock vkb

Let's see for the hub
    For the emoji shortcut you hold down the full stop button in between the space bar and enter key at first I didn't think there was a shortcut either

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    11-08-15 03:59 AM
    For the emoji shortcut you hold down the full stop button in between the space bar and enter key at first I didn't think there was a shortcut either

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I noticed that, what i meant shortcut is emoji on the vkb i know ... just another 1 additional click, but not get used to it lol ... and swipe is driving me crazy (for me)Post the BB Keyboard APK from Play Store-uploadfromtaptalk1446977469864.jpg
    11-08-15 04:11 AM

RIP BlackBerry
    Black day is coming for Chen when priv will be rooted by XDA Developers.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-08-15 04:19 AM
    No one in this forum has believed me, when i said only if BlackBerry do a miracle can patch the holes of Android. And one of this is security.
    Now you had seen by your eyes.

How John can kill BB10 and replace with Android for governments?? In which dream?
    Do you has expect that BlackBerry can fix all of holes of Android? When Google with all they money and in 8 years hasn't able to do?
    Keep Dreaming.
    Q10Bold and theGUNNER like this.
    11-08-15 04:26 AM
    No one in this forum has believed me, when i said only if BlackBerry do a miracle can patch the holes of Android. And one of this is security.
    Now you had seen by your eyes.

How John can kill BB10 and replace with Android for governments?? In which dream?
    Do you has expect that BlackBerry can fix all of holes of Android? When Google with all they money and in 8 years hasn't able to do?
    Keep Dreaming.
    They need to keep BB10 alive! Otherwise BBs Soft and HW is dead!
    11-08-15 06:04 AM
    a myriad of other reasons someone might not want the Priv specifically but still want that experience.
    BlackBerry wants to differentiate from the rest of the pack. This is why they'll offer the experience suite to download later for other devices...for a fee.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 06:45 AM
91 1234