Hi all, I am unable to download the BlackBerry keyboard APK from the Google Play store using online APK downloaders.

Would someone kind please post it up?
    10-31-15 09:02 PM
    You need a Priv if you want to download and use it.

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    10-31-15 09:15 PM
    See, that's what I want to test out. I need a Priv to download it via Play store but I want to test it out on a few other devices.

Can someone please assist by posting?
    10-31-15 09:31 PM
    It's not available for "other devices " is the point you're not grasping here. It might get ripped at some point but we'll have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    Quorist likes this.
    10-31-15 09:35 PM
    It's not available to download directly via the Play store from another device or it has been loaded to other devices and confirmed that it does not work?

These are two very different things and the second, exactly what I want to confirm.
    raino likes this.
    10-31-15 10:00 PM
    Probably available to other devices for a fee later on
    10-31-15 10:03 PM
    You could try it out on a Z30 - no download necessary.
    10-31-15 10:13 PM
    I think some of you are missing OP's point. If it's available for the Priv, it should be possible to obtain it and install it on other Android devices. I would also be interested in getting a copy of the apk to test out on a few devices.
    utsav01, raino, EchoesFX and 2 others like this.
    10-31-15 10:18 PM
    Isn't it supposed to be part of bb suite experience?
    10-31-15 10:31 PM
    Isn't it supposed to be part of bb suite experience?
    No, the hub, and other applications are part of the BlackBerry experience suite. Though BlackBerry has an excellent keyboard, it isn't technically part of what is known as the BlackBerry experience suite.

Typed from my AT&T passport
    10-31-15 10:35 PM
    Ah ok...why no one can download it then?
    10-31-15 10:37 PM
    It won't and you can't download it on any Android devices except the Priv. It is specifically made to work only with the said device.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    10-31-15 10:44 PM
    It won't and you can't download it on any Android devices except the Priv. It is specifically made to work only with the said device.

Exactly. Just because you have an Android device and the Priv is running Android, it doesn't mean it's available for all Android devices. For example: some Samsung apps aren't available on non Samsung devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:50 PM

While it's certainly true that you may need to fake a Priv or use a Priv to download the apks, it's not certain that the apks won't run on other Android devices. Until someone posts the apks we won't know for sure.
    kthhrrsn, raino, EchoesFX and 1 others like this.
    10-31-15 11:09 PM
    That is very true. Let's see if BB has done anything to prevent those who have obtained the apk from using it.
    10-31-15 11:11 PM
    Hopefully they fail to install fully on other android devices just like apks tied to HTC's sense launcher do.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    10-31-15 11:38 PM
    Hopefully the test phone melts
    10-31-15 11:45 PM
    No, the hub, and other applications are part of the BlackBerry experience suite. Though BlackBerry has an excellent keyboard, it isn't technically part of what is known as the BlackBerry experience suite.

Typed from my AT&T passport
    Actually it is part of one of the three suites that BlackBerry announced at the time

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    spyeagle likes this.
    11-01-15 12:09 AM
    Yeah I recall them bringing the keyboard over to Android with the suite thing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-01-15 12:26 AM
    Only reason you see any of the APK on Google Play is to allow BB to bypass carrier updates.... which can be few and far between... with BB uploading the APK... it allows them to release general updates... seeing as BB is a stickler for security... pretty sure you are only able to run them on the Priv... shows that those in the Android community are going have to get use to some true differences between BB devices and the rest out there in Android land....
    app_Developer and Shoryuken like this.
    11-01-15 01:19 AM
    Someone clever somehow post it so we can put the question to rest. I just want to be able to stand typing on my android tablet, personally.

It needs Android 5, that's all we know for sure.

Can APKs be extracted from the phone itself? If so, there's the guy who has a Priv in this forum...
    11-01-15 02:39 AM
    Someone clever somehow post it so we can put the question to rest. I just want to be able to stand typing on my android tablet, personally.

It needs Android 5, that's all we know for sure.

Can APKs be extracted from the phone itself? If so, there's the guy who has a Priv in this forum...
    Apks typically can be extracted from the phone but we don't know how far BlackBerry went with encryption until we can look at the device. I don't think the problem will be getting the Apks. I think installation will be blocked at least that is how other oems protect their proprietary software on Android.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-01-15 08:51 AM
    Apks typically can be extracted from the phone but we don't know how far BlackBerry went with encryption until we can look at the device. I don't think the problem will be getting the Apks. I think installation will be blocked at least that is how other oems protect their proprietary software on Android.

Posted via CB10
    Installation won't be an issue at all, the only potential hurdle will be if BlackBerry made the apk dependent on a system framework that can't be accessed.
    Deanig_12 and TheBirdDog like this.
    11-01-15 08:56 AM
    Installation won't be an issue at all, the only potential hurdle will be if BlackBerry made the apk dependent on a system framework that can't be accessed.
    That is what I meant by blocking installation. It's the same thing with HTC sense. You can actually flash sense on other Android devices but you have to flash additional system folders that contain the files sense is dependent on first and to do this you need super user access to the system directory.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:45 AM
    I should have added that even if BlackBerry does something like this as long as you have a rooted android device then we could theoretically find a way to get it working but I don't know who would put in that time and effort instead of just buying a priv

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:48 AM
91 123 ...