Can the BlackBerry Priv be used for android pay.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 11:19 AM
    It comes pre loaded with the android pay app

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    11-14-15 11:23 AM
    Yes I know. I have the Priv but android pay is not working so just asking if it works on the Priv.

11-14-15 12:06 PM
    Yes I know. I have the Priv but android pay is not working so just asking if it works on the Priv.

The App itself is the issue. I've read the review and they are not good. Seem a lot of android phone are having issue.
    11-15-15 04:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

11-15-15 07:21 PM
    When I first got my Priv Android Pay worked perfectly. The last time it worked for me was Sept 24. Either the Android update in early Oct or the Android Pay update resulted in it no longer working. I contacted Google and the tech told me he would have to get back to me. That was last week - so far no answer.

Update 11-13 and still nothing from Google and Android Pay is still not working on my Priv
    Last edited by Nels; 11-13-16 at 09:39 AM.
    10-25-16 10:52 AM
    I've had my Priv for 2 months. Set up Android Pay when I first got the phone and it has never worked. Kind of regret handing over my cc info now......
    10-26-16 05:45 PM
    I have no problems with android pay on the PRIV.
    11-11-16 09:29 AM
    Android Pay works great on DTEK 50 and I've used it dozens of times
    11-11-16 09:40 AM
    The only problem I have with it is that nobody in the area that I live in has it or doesn't keep their systems upgraded so I can use it.
    11-11-16 04:23 PM
    I use it every single day on my Priv. On the bus, subway, train and at most high street shops (Starbucks, McDonalds, TK Maxx etc.) .. Its incredibly efficient not just for paying with your card but for storing loyalty cards which I always forget.

The only drawback is that keeping it on definitely affects the battery life and sometimes if im playing something like Pokemon Go for example in can take some time to register which can be awkward when the cashier is staring at you.
    11-15-16 07:36 PM
    And that you need to put your credit card info into the system. Isn't that a concern for anyone?
    11-17-16 09:30 AM
    And that you need to put your credit card info into the system. Isn't that a concern for anyone?
    You put your credit card number into the secured system as opposed to putting your credit card number into dozens of other systems, vending machines, gas stations, retail terminals which are not as secure. Paying with your phone is much more secure than paying with a credit card.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-17-16 11:55 AM
    You put your credit card number into the secured system as opposed to putting your credit card number into dozens of other systems, vending machines, gas stations, retail terminals which are not as secure. Paying with your phone is much more secure than paying with a credit card.
    Plus, I don't know about anyone else, but my actual card number is not used when making a transaction. My bank uses a virtual card number so the real number can't be accessed.
    11-17-16 01:48 PM
    Plus, I don't know about anyone else, but my actual card number is not used when making a transaction. My bank uses a virtual card number so the real number can't be accessed.
    Yes - one of the important aspects of smartphone payments is that the number used for the transaction is not your actual credit card number but a one-time transaction-specific token. Nobody on the merchant's side gets your credit card number.
    11-17-16 04:17 PM
    Same with mine. Major Key.
    11-18-16 06:58 PM
    It's not supported by most places and doesn't work a lot of the time. I would't bother.
    11-25-16 10:00 PM
    I use RBC wallet, which works great on my dtek50
    falbo likes this.
    11-27-16 01:30 AM
    In the UK, Android Pay works anywhere that Contactless works. Don't have to find an Android Pay sign.

Saying that though, as someone else said in this thread, it worked fine when I first got the phone but it seems to have stopped working for me. No idea why
    11-27-16 06:09 AM