Hi
    My password keeper automatic backup stopped working.
    It keeps saying "pending" but if I do it manually it's done.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    03-04-21 08:48 PM
    Hi
    It's probably time to move to a modern, actively-supported, cross-platform solution anyway.
    03-04-21 09:18 PM
    Hi
    From CrackBerry related website..

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-...nagers-android
    03-04-21 10:23 PM
    Hi
    Have you checked for updates? No issues w/Password Keeper automatically backing up to my Google Drive on my BE KeyOne (Oreo 8.1) or A71 5G (Android 11 UI 3.0)
    Last edited by bh7171; 03-05-21 at 10:53 AM.
    03-04-21 11:18 PM
    Hi
    I have this issue occasionally on my Key2le. In my case if I disable my VPN the backup works

I'm using Password Keeper successfully on a Motion, the Key2le and a new Samsung tablet.
    03-05-21 10:01 AM
    I have this issue occasionally on my Key2le. In my case if I disable my VPN the backup works

I'm using Password Keeper successfully on a Motion, the Key2le and a new Samsung tablet.
    Does it use the backup to sync between your devices?

Anyone using Password Keeper ought to do a regular export... so you always have your current list at the ready.
    03-05-21 10:50 AM

Anyone using Password Keeper ought to do a regular export... so you always have your current list at the ready.
    It does not sync across my three devices automatically.

On the tablet especially I manually restore the latest backup from my Key2le.

Google drive shows the backup for each device and I manually select the Key2le latest backup to restore point the tablet.

I know there are other password apps that sync across platforms. I prefer the simplicity and flexibility of Password Keeper.
    03-05-21 12:42 PM

How can the file be exported and read since it is encrypted?
    03-05-21 12:50 PM
    It does not sync across my three devices automatically.

On the tablet especially I manually restore the latest backup from my Key2le.

Google drive shows the backup for each device and I manually select the Key2le latest backup to restore point the tablet.

I know there are other password apps that sync across platforms. I prefer the simplicity and flexibility of Password Keeper.
    I can't tell you how easy it is to use a proper password manager. There is a tiny learning curve, but you'll slap yourself for not having moved over earlier. Utterly seamless across a multitude of devices and computers, websites and apps.
    03-05-21 12:57 PM
    How can the file be exported and read since it is encrypted?
    You export from the program.... there is an option to save in an open format that most other products can use to import from.
    03-05-21 01:03 PM
    You export from the program.... there is an option to save in an open format that most other products can use to import from.
    Thank you. Sounds easy.
    03-05-21 01:10 PM
    I can't tell you how easy it is to use a proper password manager. There is a tiny learning curve, but you'll slap yourself for not having moved over earlier. Utterly seamless across a multitude of devices and computers, websites and apps.
    Any such apps you particularly like?
    03-05-21 01:11 PM
    Any such apps you particularly like?
    Personally, I like Google/Chrome.

1Password, LastPass, and Bitwarden are popular.
    03-05-21 01:15 PM

Thanks very much. I'm moving to a new phone since OM's effort will be way too late for me, even if it arrives and is usable by a consumer. None of which seems very likely to me at this point. Too bad.
    03-05-21 01:34 PM
    Thanks very much. I'm moving to a new phone since OM's effort will be way too late for me, even if it arrives and is usable by a consumer. None of which seems very likely to me at this point. Too bad.
    You can always come back if and when. Nothing is set in stone.

I'm currently using a Pixel 5.
    03-05-21 01:36 PM
    You can always come back if and when. Nothing is set in stone.

I'm currently using a Pixel 5.
    Of course you are correct.

It's just less and less "BlackBerry" with every new phone since BlackBerry Limited got out of the handset business.

TCL had some patent licenses and some software and other "real" BlackBerry IP.

OM has? The name? And their own keyboard? And no factual evidence of real progress from good intentions to actual hardware.

And Google and Apple have upped their security games to equal or exceed the old BlackBerry security milieu.

I'm afraid the fat lady is and has been singing and we are almost to the end of the opera.
    03-05-21 08:04 PM
    Of course you are correct.

It's just less and less "BlackBerry" with every new phone since BlackBerry Limited got out of the handset business.

TCL had some patent licenses and some software and other "real" BlackBerry IP.

OM has? The name? And their own keyboard? And no factual evidence of real progress from good intentions to actual hardware.

And Google and Apple have upped their security games to equal or exceed the old BlackBerry security milieu.

I'm afraid the fat lady is and has been singing and we are almost to the end of the opera.
    To me, all that is left is a potential for a keyboard alternative to a standard vkb.
    03-05-21 08:08 PM

Chrome and Edge are good laptop and desktop choices. Samsung does a great job on their Galaxy devices. My issue on my BE KeyOne and A71 is I despise Chrome as it is a resource hog and full of trackers. It's actually a hog on my Win 10 laptop as well. I have pretty much moved onto Edge there.

On my mobile devices I still like PW Keeper by Blackberry because I don't have sync issues on my BE or Galaxy. And utilize Samsung Browser with Duck Duck Go as my search engine. (Edge is pretty good on mobile and thinking of giving Brave a try)
    03-05-21 08:57 PM
    Chrome and Edge are good laptop and desktop choices. Samsung does a great job on their Galaxy devices. My issue on my BE KeyOne and A71 is I despise Chrome as it is a resource hog and full of trackers. It's actually a hog on my Win 10 laptop as well. I have pretty much moved onto Edge there.

On my mobile devices I still like PW Keeper by Blackberry because I don't have sync issues on my BE or Galaxy. And utilize Samsung Browser with Duck Duck Go as my search engine. (Edge is pretty good on mobile and thinking of giving Brave a try)
    Google/Chrome works with all of your Android apps too.

Between Netguard on Android, and extensions on desktop browser, I don't have any trackers to worry about.
    03-05-21 09:21 PM