Check your Google history, history.google.c... I think is the site. I had a Priv for two days that I returned, and I had so many recordings from November.

I understand this can be disabled, but it's pretty creepy, having all these secret, private recordings. It's an opt-out program, not opt-in.

This is why I'm not going Android. Not ever. Not even for BlackBerry. It's stuff like this. Even Apple does it with Siri, though you can also disable Siri to avoid it. IBM allows iPhones, but only if Siri is disabled for fear of corporate spying. I don't trust either company, but this is too much for me, on top of all the concerns I have about third-party Android apps.

What are your recommendations for dealing with Android or Apple? I don't doubt that everything is recorded anyway, thanks to the NSA. But I'd like to prevent as much spying as I can.

I don't even care that it's all automated, and AI's are doing all the listening and sorting, and then in all probability, none of it is used for anything more than advertising, and that I'm not doing anything illegal in my life. It just creeps me out, and it's definitely wrong. And I want as sparse a profile as possible, I don't need to give all of these tech companies free information, free money...my phone wasn't free, and the services aren't that important to me.

Posted via CB10
    BB_PP likes this.
    06-03-16 07:38 AM
    We live in the information age..... it comes with a price.
    06-03-16 07:55 AM
    Given that the big value prop for Priv is Privacy, does BB publish a guide on how to turn off all of these features?

Does dtek report this as a vulnerability?
    06-03-16 09:09 AM
    There will be those that will come here and say BlackBerry does the same thing. Please point me in the direction where BlackBerry keeps the history of voice searches/recordings.
    Or is BlackBerry much more nefarious than Google and Apple and hides it well from its users?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 10:02 AM
    There will be those that will come here and say BlackBerry does the same thing. Please point me in the direction where BlackBerry keeps the history of voice searches/recordings.
    Or is BlackBerry much more nefarious than Google and Apple and hides it well from its users?

Posted via CB10
    Either that or BlackBerry is a few years behind Apple and Google with that kind of stuff. BB10 felt less "modern" in that way, eschewing some of that consumer-oriented glitz.

One thing is for certain, uploading audio to Google's servers constantly has got to strain the battery.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 12:01 PM
    There is a reason BB Assistant is not as full-featured as Google,Siri, Cortana etc. It doesn't have the capability to parse petabytes of info to improve the service. Stick with BB10 and don't use the major cross-platform apps including email, they all collect info for their own purposes. If you use BB10 use a browser that has ad-blocking, the native browser is not known for its privacy options.
    06-03-16 12:43 PM