When I had to shift from the Key2 to a non-Blackberry Android phone, I started paying the 99¢ a month to keep Blackberry Hub+Services.

Microsoft recently announced that as of October 2022, their services will no longer accept the Basic/Legacy authentication by username and password; authentication has to be by OAuth2.

The BBH+S app only has the legacy auth as an option at this time. As my work email is a Microsoft Exchange system, unless BB does an upgrade I won't be able to use Hub to access it from my phone.

Anybody in the know as to whether this option will be added in an update to the app?
    03-25-22 08:01 PM
    When I had to shift from the Key2 to a non-Blackberry Android phone, I started paying the 99¢ a month to keep Blackberry Hub+Services.

Microsoft recently announced that as of October 2022, their services will no longer accept the Basic/Legacy authentication by username and password; authentication has to be by OAuth2.

The BBH+S app only has the legacy auth as an option at this time. As my work email is a Microsoft Exchange system, unless BB does an upgrade I won't be able to use Hub to access it from my phone.

Anybody in the know as to whether this option will be added in an update to the app?
    Development on the BlackBerry Suite essentially ended 2.5 years ago. It is dead.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-26-22 07:20 AM
    Development on the BlackBerry Suite essentially ended 2.5 years ago. It is dead.
    The most recent update to the app was about 6 weeks ago, and Hub+Services is not on the end-of-life list (some of its components are, but not the core services like Inbox, Calendar, etc.)
    Andreas Tchorsch likes this.
    03-26-22 12:12 PM
    The most recent update to the app was about 6 weeks ago, and Hub+Services is not on the end-of-life list (some of its components are, but not the core services like Inbox, Calendar, etc.)
    The only thing BlackBerry touches are API target level compliance issues and emergency fixes to maintain the Play Store listing. Nothing more.
    03-26-22 03:00 PM
    I hope so! The hub is still excellent in Android 12 and I have tried to move on from it multiple times with no avail. No other app comes close to its functionality.
    03-26-22 03:16 PM

If it's O365 you can already do it with Hub+,

https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000057175
    Andreas Tchorsch likes this.
    03-27-22 10:01 AM
    There's a slightly better chance of Putin staging a televised ballet in Red Square with himself as the prima ballerina .
    pdr733 and nevilleadaniels like this.
    03-27-22 01:47 PM
    If it's O365 you can already do it with Hub+,

https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000057175

Is there a way of doing this in Blackberry Hub for a personal Outlook address rather than a work one. Outlook seem to be making changes requiring OAuth which means I keep getting error messages but when I tried what you suggested, the Microsoft login said it was only available for work and school accounts.

Thanks
    02-23-24 11:02 PM
    Is there a way of doing this in Blackberry Hub for a personal Outlook address rather than a work one. Outlook seem to be making changes requiring OAuth which means I keep getting error messages but when I tried what you suggested, the Microsoft login said it was only available for work and school accounts.

Thanks
    The less secure App Password is the only option... once service suppliers do away with less secure options, it will be over. This is an issue that many had problems with back when BlackBerry phones were still being sold, now that the phone business is over... HUB+ is only a leftover solution that BlackBerry is likly close to shutting down.
    02-26-24 07:02 AM
    Thanks, really useful to know. I guess I will begin looking into options which I can use when Hub+ finally becomes obsolete. It would be great to find something with similar functionality - currently use the inbox, notes, calendar and contacts. If anyone has any suggestions of alternatives they've found that they like, I'd love to hear about them.
    02-26-24 08:36 AM
    For email: Nine is great. It sends color coded notifications for the different inboxes like Hub+ does and has an integrated calendar function in the app.

For social media messages: Beeper is an all-in-one messaging app. They currently are in beta and work off referral codes. you can find them being posted constantly in the Beeper subreddit. Unlike the Hub, you can reply in the app without leaving it.
    02-26-24 09:50 AM
    Thanks, really useful to know. I guess I will begin looking into options which I can use when Hub+ finally becomes obsolete. It would be great to find something with similar functionality - currently use the inbox, notes, calendar and contacts. If anyone has any suggestions of alternatives they've found that they like, I'd love to hear about them.
    For the record, Hub+ is already treading water carelessly around the drain of technical obsolescence.
    02-26-24 07:22 PM
    Thanks, I guess it was inevitable. I'm a creature of habit and so don't tend to change something that works for me until I have to but seems like it is maybe time to accept that time will be coming soon.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-26-24 10:39 PM
    BlackBerry is end of life, finished. Some may say otherwise but given that this password issue has been going on for 3 months I would be surprised if the BlackBerry building has anyone at home. Microsoft have stated that 3rd party email clients such as BlackBerry Hub Inbox will require OAuth to function with Outlook accounts, this simply will not happen. Try asking BlackBerry, they're too pig ignorant to respond. Shame, end of a fantastic era, a waste in fact but it is, time to move on. Microsoft Outlook for Android is not so bad. Proton also do some fantastic privacy based apps. Good luck everyone.
    04-11-24 07:00 AM
    BlackBerry is end of life, finished. Some may say otherwise but given that this password issue has been going on for 3 months I would be surprised if the BlackBerry building has anyone at home. Microsoft have stated that 3rd party email clients such as BlackBerry Hub Inbox will require OAuth to function with Outlook accounts, this simply will not happen. Try asking BlackBerry, they're too pig ignorant to respond. Shame, end of a fantastic era, a waste in fact but it is, time to move on. Microsoft Outlook for Android is not so bad. Proton also do some fantastic privacy based apps. Good luck everyone.
    There have been similar issues that prevented HUB+ from being used by enterprise.... going back to 2018, and they didn't bother to fix that. Yes HUB+ is pretty much EOL, other than some basic updates they had to do to keep listed in Google Play.... but at this point, I expect they'll offically end it.

HUB+ is a great idea, that just wasn't keep current... but in the end just a client. Proton Mail is a full service, and yeah the privacy and security it offers is.... well what you would have expected from BlackBerry at this point.
    bs4077 likes this.
    04-11-24 08:22 AM
    There have been similar issues that prevented HUB+ from being used by enterprise.... going back to 2018, and they didn't bother to fix that. Yes HUB+ is pretty much EOL, other than some basic updates they had to do to keep listed in Google Play.... but at this point, I expect they'll offically end it.

HUB+ is a great idea, that just wasn't keep current... but in the end just a client. Proton Mail is a full service, and yeah the privacy and security it offers is.... well what you would have expected from BlackBerry at this point.
    Yep. Even I've had to give up on it just this week.

My work email never quit. But home email... maybe a couple hours over the course of a week, it would suddenly work, but then cut out again.

Work email allowed me the option to sign in with the Microsoft account, but the home email wouldn't. Even though it did last summer with my previous phone.

I decided to use Outlook for Android. It seems a little better now than the last time I tried it. The Samsung calendar and contacts still pick up both accounts, so I don't have to work with the built-in calendar and contacts in Outlook, because those still suck.

I do wish Outlook would provide the account color bar next to emails when showing more than one account on screen. Easier to differentiate what account an email is from. They still don't have that. But I did send in a suggestion for that through the app. Pretty sure it'll be ignored.

I'll keep the Hub+ on my phone for a few more months in case by some miracle they do update it. But if it's not updated by this summer, the subscription is getting cancelled.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
    04-11-24 10:27 AM
    I've given it up too, now I use Bluemail , which works nicely.

Skickat från min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk
    04-11-24 11:56 AM
    Yesterday I noticed BlackBerry Hub Inbox was updated in Google Play Store. It seems however that they released an update that does not fix the OAuth issue so a complete waste of time. What a pathetic company BlackBerry has become, what's left of it.
    Today 05:16 AM
    Yesterday I noticed BlackBerry Hub Inbox was updated in Google Play Store. It seems however that they released an update that does not fix the OAuth issue so a complete waste of time. What a pathetic company BlackBerry has become, what's left of it.
    HUB+ has been in "maintance" mode for years now... several security standard updates have not been addressed, which basically ended HUB+ use by most enterprise users. Really can't blame them too much....

It's the expecting BlackBerry, a company struggling to even exist... to cater to consumers needs. Yeah it's their choice to keep HUB+ in Google Play, but that was more as a means to bolster the companies portfolio to investors (or potential buyers of the whole) than as an actual product. Hey look we do Apps....
    Today 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD