I'm currently using a BlackBerry Z30 after three great years with my Z10. At my new job, I need to run Good for Enterprise and want the ability to turn off some permissions in the software. Therefore, I need Android M or higher.

I'm only considering Nexus phones due to the quick update cycle and extended support.

The Nexus 5X fits the bill in nearly every way with the Snapdragon 808 (same as Priv) and 1080p resolution display (high PPI but reasonable battery drain).

The only issue is the 2GB of ram. Seems a bit low and I know that Hub + has a bare minimum requirement of 2GB.

Anyone using Hub + with their 5Xs? If so, how the performance?

Thanks!
    09-23-16 01:41 AM
    I'm using Hub+ on a Moto G4Plus with 2Gb of RAM and the performance is outstanding. The price/performance of the Moto is outstanding too (no bloatware, pure Marshmallow).
    09-23-16 10:06 AM
    Well, I've been using Hub + on a Nexus 5X for about a month and it seems to work fine. Also using Cobalt's method for the BlackBerry keyboard.

I'm typically using about 1.6gb out of 1.8gb available but I don't run too many apps at once. I also deleted the Facebook app and instead made a shortcut to the mobile website. The FB app was using at least 150mb while idle. Even if I had the memory headroom I still would probably delete that app.

So, overall, the 5X runs the BlackBerry Hub + suite very well!
    10-27-16 08:17 PM
    I'm currently using a BlackBerry Z30 after three great years with my Z10. At my new job, I need to run Good for Enterprise and want the ability to turn off some permissions in the software. Therefore, I need Android M or higher.

I'm only considering Nexus phones due to the quick update cycle and extended support.

The Nexus 5X fits the bill in nearly every way with the Snapdragon 808 (same as Priv) and 1080p resolution display (high PPI but reasonable battery drain).

The only issue is the 2GB of ram. Seems a bit low and I know that Hub + has a bare minimum requirement of 2GB.

Anyone using Hub + with their 5Xs? If so, how the performance?

Thanks!
    Why not give the DTEK60 a go?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-27-16 09:36 PM
    Why not give the DTEK60 a go?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I would if it was a 5" phone. In fact, I would probably try it regardless if it supported Verizon Wireless. No CDMA radio in the DTEK60.

Also, BlackBerry devices on Verizon are carrier controlled for updates. The Verizon Priv doesn't even have Marshmallow yet!

But Nexus and unlocked Pixel devices have CDMA radios and are updated directly by Google.

So, that's why I'm sticking with the Nexus.
    AmritD likes this.
    10-27-16 10:56 PM