We've been here for weeks, sure. But has it converted to sales for the developer? Unfortunately not really.
    Geez! With developers having issues generating cash for their apps on android I guess BB10 really never did stand a chance.
    It's amazing how difficult it can be to develop an app and have it bug free. Following this thread is a real eye opener.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and anon(10065266) like this.
    02-24-18 08:01 AM
    It's amazing how difficult it can be to develop an app and have it bug free. Following this thread is a real eye opener.
    No kidding.........I have been following this thread and trying ALL versions of this app and none of them are smooth on my device. Just totally unusable. Nice try though.
    02-24-18 08:04 AM
    the latest version has solved many issues and is faster and smoother.
    02-24-18 09:52 AM
    the latest version has solved many issues and is faster and smoother.
    Not for me--I have it but disabled it now.
    Maronen likes this.
    02-24-18 09:56 AM
    Sorry to hear about this legal issue, hope it all works out. the upside is i will continue to follow all your future projects. I just want you to recoup your investment at the very least/
    02-24-18 02:15 PM
    Why? Because they protect their brand?

Do you think Google, Microsoft, Samsung, or any others would behave differently?

I'm sure a name change will be sufficient.
    Kind of odd that BlackBerry is all over this meanwhile they have yet to say anything about cobalt who is basically taking renevue away from them.
    02-24-18 02:34 PM
    Kind of odd that BlackBerry is all over this meanwhile they have yet to say anything about cobalt who is basically taking renevue away from them.
    True story!
    02-24-18 02:36 PM
    That why I think it was a bot.

Plus, the only way to go after Cobalt would be to proceed with a lawsuit.
    02-24-18 02:39 PM
    That why I think it was a bot.

Plus, the only way to go after Cobalt would be to proceed with a lawsuit.
    Even if that was a bot, they are very aware of cobalt. So they aren't proceeding with a lawsuit why? It's too expensive for them? Lol. I mean I would say what he is doing is much more detrimental then this launcher. He is taking their own apps and handing them out for free haha.
    02-24-18 02:42 PM
    Even if that was a bot, they are very aware of cobalt. So they aren't proceeding with a lawsuit why? It's too expensive for them? Lol. I mean I would say what he is doing is much more detrimental then this launcher. He is taking their own apps and handing them out for free haha.
    Again, either it's a bot, or intern Bill only has to press a button on his Play Store screen to initiate an email.
    02-24-18 02:45 PM
    Again, either it's a bot, or intern Bill only has to press a button on his Play Store screen to initiate an email.
    Yes got it. So are you saying anyone who gets this sort of email from BlackBerry Can just fully ignore it then?
    02-24-18 02:47 PM
    Yes got it. So are you saying anyone who gets this sort of email from BlackBerry Can just fully ignore it then?
    Hard to say. It may have triggered some bureaucrat "process".
    02-24-18 02:50 PM
    Hard to say. It may have triggered some bureaucrat "process".
    What? What does that even mean?
    02-24-18 02:51 PM
    What? What does that even mean?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Listing creates a flag. Flag or intern creates letter. Letter goes to developer and to Google. Developer app gets removed voluntarily or by Google. App is gone.
    02-24-18 02:54 PM
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Listing creates a flag. Flag or intern creates letter. Letter goes to developer and to Google. Developer app gets removed voluntarily or by Google. App is gone.
    So the only way BlackBerry Protects their brand and renevue is if a bot reports it? When their employees are fully aware of it like with cobalt, they let it slide? Sounds logical haha.
    02-24-18 02:57 PM
    So the only way BlackBerry Protects their brand and renevue is if a bot reports it? When their employees are fully aware of it like with cobalt, they let it slide? Sounds logical haha.
    I don't believe they think the Cobalt issue is hurting them. As a matter of fact, it exposes more people to the suite - many of whom have gone on to pay for it.

The real cheap users would probably live with the ads anyway otherwise.
    02-24-18 03:01 PM
    I don't believe they think the Cobalt issue is hurting them. As a matter of fact, it exposes more people to the suite - many of whom have gone on to pay for it.

The real cheap buggers would probably live with the ads anyway otherwise.
    Many who have gone on to pay for it? Where did you come up with that and how would you even know? And why would they when they don't need to?
    02-24-18 03:05 PM
    Many who have gone on to pay for it? Where did you come up with that and how would you even know? And why would they when they don't need to?
    I've read it, and have spoken to many who have.

Eventually they get tired of the workarounds, but have become invested in the apps.
    02-24-18 03:06 PM
    I've read it, and have spoken to many who have.

Eventually they get tired of the workarounds, but have become invested in the apps.
    Read it where?
    02-24-18 03:08 PM
    Read it where?
    In the actual thread.
    02-24-18 03:09 PM
    Either way, ripping off the software and giving it for free is miles more serious than this launcher...shall I dare to say theft?

No matter how you look at it, there is inconsistency in how these two infringement matters are addressed by BlackBerry.

That's a fact.
    02-24-18 03:16 PM
    Just like how apple hires drives from the jailbreaking community they should be reaching out to these guys and bringing them on board with a budget to improve their own BlackBerry software since they are so f****** slow to improve on what they started.
    02-24-18 06:48 PM
    Just like how apple hires drives from the jailbreaking community they should be reaching out to these guys and bringing them on board with a budget to improve their own BlackBerry software since they are so f****** slow to improve on what they started.
    If BBMo/TCL writes the check to make the commitment, I'm sure BB would. The problem is that neither corporate entity sees any probable expectation of resulting profits.
    02-24-18 06:54 PM
    If BBMo/TCL writes the check to make the commitment, I'm sure BB would. The problem is that neither corporate entity sees any probable expectation of resulting profits.
    It only makes sense that TCL would be onboard since their entire strategy rides on BlackBerry's software development /security. If they don't see any probable resulting profits then they may as well pack up and go home
    There is only forward.
    02-24-18 07:01 PM
    It only makes sense that TCL would be onboard since their entire strategy rides on BlackBerry's software development /security. If they don't see any probable resulting profits then they may as well pack up and go home
    They see value in the BB name. They see no value in mimicking BB10, a failed OS, and it's features that differ from Android. Rather covert Android users than BB10 users. A 100% BB10 conversion rate would still be an economic failure. A 1-2% Android conversion rate would be larger in comparison.
    02-24-18 07:08 PM
1,323 ... 4647484950 ...