Man, this Zach really wanted his name out there.
    Yup! We've all been waiting for this for years and it seemed I was able to finally "get er done" lol just wanted credit where credit was due that's all . The real credit goes to @Zinqs LLC
    02-22-18 06:41 PM
    Yeah, I guess he need some attention

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    Thanks bro!
    02-22-18 06:42 PM
    It's almost like he's a developer or something.
    I wish I was or I would have made the launcher in 2015! Even if I had to sit in my basement for yrs to build it lol
    02-22-18 06:43 PM
    I still have version 1.0.15 from early January which is the most stable (I think) saved if someone who's already bought it needs it.
    I'm actually using 1.0.16 which is soooo smooth and perfect. I'm never doing a security wipe as I don't want to loose this early version lol
    02-22-18 06:47 PM
    I'm actually using 1.0.16 which is soooo smooth and perfect. I'm never doing a security wipe as I don't want to loose this early version lol
    Can you extract the apk with apk extractor and send it to me please?
    02-22-18 06:48 PM
    Can you extract the apk with apk extractor and send it to me please?
    I'll send you the link to download all early versions one sec...
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    02-22-18 06:49 PM
    I'll send you the link to download all early versions one sec...
    You the real MVP, but I suggest via pm so people who didn't buy it can't just use it. Unless it still uses authentication for payment. Idk how that works.
    Zack Brown1420 likes this.
    02-22-18 06:50 PM
    You the real MVP, but I suggest via pm so people who didn't buy it can't just use it. Unless it still uses authentication for payment. Idk how that works.
    Lol thanks and oh yes true . Good point . I'll pm you one sec
    02-22-18 06:51 PM
    OK sent bro!
    02-22-18 06:52 PM
    Sorry folks, we may have to pull this App from play store soon
    Bummer.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-18 09:57 AM
    Is it the names and terminology they are protesting or the launcher itself. Could just call it Zinqs Launcher. Since many complain it does not do what they are used to in BB, then you would avoid their criticism
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-23-18 10:25 AM
    @jafobabe. Thanks a lot for your donation. It means a lot to us. We just released new product "ZINQS People Organizer" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.zinqs.people (Shameless plug).

We definitely have some good publicity from Ole's video and people are trying out the launcher. Hope more awareness will increase. We wanted to get back to this launcher very soon with full development. I am doing my best to work on it as of now.

- Shakir
    This is sort of like Active Frames. Could you enhance this to include any running app?
    02-23-18 11:38 AM
    This is terrible!!!
    I hope that you can find some common ground and work something out

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-23-18 12:22 PM
    I've lost faith in BB, for awhile now, but this takes it. Seems they're sending a very clear message with this move. Sad really.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-23-18 12:25 PM
    I've lost faith in BB, for awhile now, but this takes it. Seems they're sending a very clear message with this move. Sad really.
    Why? Because they protect their brand?

Do you think Google, Microsoft, Samsung, or any others would behave differently?

I'm sure a name change will be sufficient.
    02-23-18 12:36 PM
    Why? Because they protect their brand?

Do you think Google, Microsoft, Samsung, or any others would behave differently?

I'm sure a name change will be sufficient.
    There are countless examples of developers using BB terminology in the App Store. It' s clear that BB didn't want to develop an Android BB10 facsimile and now they don't want anyone else doing it either. I hoped that they would appreciate a developer taking this on rather than dissuading them since it wasn't a priority for BB and this only increases interest in their business.
    02-23-18 12:54 PM
    There are countless examples of developers using BB terminology in the App Store. It' s clear that BB didn't want to develop an Android BB10 facsimile and now they don't want anyone else doing it either. I hoped that they would appreciate a developer taking this on rather than dissuading them since it wasn't a priority for BB and this only increases interest in their business.
    It was probably a bot that detected the names and sent the email in the first place. The word "BlackBerry" is in the title, in the apk filename, and is written 15 times in the app description. It's a red flag the size of my house.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, I hope it works out.
    Last edited by conite; 02-23-18 at 01:10 PM.
    02-23-18 12:55 PM
    Sorry folks, we may have to pull this App from play store soon
    Did you already try to contact BB themselves?
    Maybe they can reuse some of your code for their own apps?
    If so maybe there is a chance for a financial agreement?
    02-23-18 12:57 PM
    I have purchased your People Organizer just because I like your work. Maybe a new thread could be started to discuss your thoughts about how to be use it. I personally would like to see you do your own version of the hub. I am finding it becoming buggier as each version comes out.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-23-18 01:04 PM
    I have purchased your People Organizer just because I like your work. Maybe a new thread could be started to discuss your thoughts about how to be use it. I personally would like to see you do your own version of the hub. I am finding it becoming buggier as each version comes out.
    It wouldn't be appropriate to create thread "People Organizer" in crackberry forum. We are trying to build full management and multitasking capabilities with this product. For example you can text message your friends side by side. while initiating a call in another window, without having to leaving the dashboard. If you have a tablet or large screens, its very powerful. Another feature is, when you launch the app, all your previous session will be recovered and ready to go. No more opening new windows.

--Shakir
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-23-18 03:18 PM
    Did you already try to contact BB themselves?
    Maybe they can reuse some of your code for their own apps?
    If so maybe there is a chance for a financial agreement?
    We have asked them, the specific infringements in the app, so we can remove it or change it. Waiting for reply. Not sure if they will be interested in financial agreement.

--Shakir
    The_Passporter and Mecca EL like this.
    02-23-18 03:20 PM
    Just downloaded the latest version today . Parts run smoother, but it seems to have resized itself to larger than the screen . Cannot get to settings
    02-23-18 03:44 PM
    If you coded this yourself, i don't see how BB can claim anything other than the BB10 reference. You should ask what specifically is the infringement and for them to list it. I am not a fan of it but I don't see an issues with someone trying to write a launcher that mimics the behavior.
    hazmaju and smaluli like this.
    02-23-18 04:03 PM
    ... Not sure if they will be interested in financial agreement.

--Shakir
    BlackBerry is always interested in money. If only they were as interested in their customers.

But what I don't understand, we've been discussing here for weeks in a BLACKBERRY (!!!) forum about the launcher and BlackBerry doesn't get it. And also none of the responsible persons here in the forum give a clue.

That's weird. I think it's a pity about the work that Shakir and his boys have invested. Cheer up. Life goes on.
    02-24-18 02:27 AM
    BlackBerry is always interested in money. If only they were as interested in their customers.

But what I don't understand, we've been discussing here for weeks in a BLACKBERRY (!!!) forum about the launcher and BlackBerry doesn't get it. And also none of the responsible persons here in the forum give a clue.

That's weird. I think it's a pity about the work that Shakir and his boys have invested. Cheer up. Life goes on.
    We've been here for weeks, sure. But has it converted to sales for the developer? Unfortunately not really.
    02-24-18 07:18 AM
1,323 ... 4546474849 ...