I am not sure if that's possible at all, but a limited (by time or features) version with in app purchase would definitely attract some more users. Perhaps much more.
    Worth to consider IMHO.
    02-09-18 03:17 PM
    I am not sure if that's possible at all, but a limited (by time or features) version with in app purchase would definitely attract some more users. Perhaps much more.
    Worth to consider IMHO.
    Because app that costs the price of lunch is too much?? Come on people, not you Pistooli, if you've already bought the app.

For those who haven't, step up and spend $5.

I'm not a BB10 experience fan, but for all the whining on here about it's demise, support a developer that actually did something other than laugh......
    Powdah, akavbb, Mecca EL and 1 others like this.
    02-09-18 05:10 PM
    I think if @Bla1ze makes it a front page article (and share that article on FB), it will probably really help sales take off. I rarely check this sub - forum myself, so that could explain why some others haven't seen it yet.

Just my $0.02.

Keep up the good work.
    02-10-18 03:15 AM
    Where is Crackberry Kevin in all this.

Pretty poor show that he hasn't stepped up. Doesnt surprise me though to be honest
    02-10-18 06:02 AM
    Look I'll be happy to pay for it when the need arises but for now my Z30 rocks on, knock wood!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-18 11:28 AM
    Ohh you mean swipe right to the hub. I actually explained to the developer how it works and sent a walk through video showing how the OS functioned and he actually went and bought a BlackBerry 10 phone on Amazon just to see how it works and how to mimic it as close as possible. Regarding the hub placement, it is of course hard to have it layered like original but will be possible to a point because the hub has a widget available so how ever the developer decides to "bake it" into the launcher well just have to see how it all pans out. Just happy that a developer finally listened
    BlackBerry has the Productivity Tab, why they didn't implement this as the Hub is a mystery to me.
    Zack Brown1420 likes this.
    02-10-18 12:04 PM
    Whoever started this thread is an imposter BB fan. It's BlackBerry not Blackberry!
    02-10-18 12:05 PM
    BlackBerry has the Productivity Tab, why they didn't implement this as the Hub is a mystery to me.
    Because that would contravene Material Design.
    02-10-18 12:16 PM
    Where is this productivity tab? We have Z10 and can't find it
    02-10-18 12:59 PM
    It's only on the Motion and Keyone
    02-10-18 01:03 PM
    Where is this productivity tab? We have Z10 and can't find it
    He's referring to BlackBerry Android.
    02-10-18 01:04 PM
    I thought @Bla1ze and @CrackBerry Kevin would give the launcher some front page space by now. They are undoubtedly aware of this post, at least @Bla1ze is, cause he posted here before, and unless they don't speak with each other, Kevin is aware of it too. Which lead me to think they don't care to support this launcher cause they didn't like it, OR there is a line from management (Mona, blackberry itself, Bbmo, who nows) about burying any trace of BB10.

Anyway, it is what it is. I've done my part, bought the app, and recommended it. I hope it gets more popular in the future.

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    Powdah and Zack Brown1420 like this.
    02-10-18 01:23 PM
    In what way?
    02-10-18 01:41 PM
    Whaaaaaat?

That's a new one...

02-10-18 01:59 PM
    Which lead me to think they don't care to support this launcher cause they didn't like it, OR there is a line from management (Mona, blackberry itself, Bbmo, who nows) about burying any trace of BB10.
    I literally just wrote yesterday about bringing a BlackBerry 10 feature back. Leave the conspiracy theories to flat-earthers and those who think the Lunar landing was fake lol. As for the launcher, I let it roll through a few updates and there are still quite a few bugs. Everything from icons in the drop-down being messed up to the launcher reloading constantly, text message issues and screen flashes through transitions. Even the settings to choose the launcher as the Home App is technically broken.

No doubt, it's off to a great start, but there are lots of bugs that still need fixing here and if the developer is having issues supporting the bugs that already exist, what's going to happen taking it to a broader audience? When, presumably, the bug reports come in even heavier and they've already overextended their development budget. 'But they'll have more money to support it if you post about it!' shouldn't be a plan for fixing bugs. If I were to post this now, it wouldn't be to suggest people use it because it's great, it would be me telling people about it and that it's there should they wish to try it but if they do, it's buggy!

New Blackberry 10 android launcher  available now!-screenshot_20180210-175308.jpgNew Blackberry 10 android launcher  available now!-screenshot_20180210-175232.jpg
    RK_BB and seletok like this.
    02-10-18 03:37 PM
    With the latest version, I am finding using that peak notification that it is harder to use
    Yup I agree. Google apkpure website and search zinqs launcher and download version 1.017 version. Super smooth and uses hub widget instead. Best version yetNew Blackberry 10 android launcher  available now!-img-20180206-wa0003.jpgNew Blackberry 10 android launcher  available now!-img-20180206-wa0001.jpg
    02-10-18 04:35 PM
    no more status or updates?
    Ya @Zinqs LLC what's going on?
    02-10-18 04:36 PM
    I totally agree with the post by Bla1ze above. This launcher is just too buggy for my device. IMHO it is about 50% of the experience of BB10. I know the dev has a Z10 but are they really playing with it?
    02-10-18 04:58 PM
    I literally just wrote yesterday about bringing a BlackBerry 10 feature back. Leave the conspiracy theories to flat-earthers and those who think the Lunar landing was fake lol. As for the launcher, I let it roll through a few updates and there are still quite a few bugs. Everything from icons in the drop-down being messed up to the launcher reloading constantly, text message issues and screen flashes through transitions. Even the settings to choose the launcher as the Home App is technically broken.

No doubt, it's off to a great start, but there are lots of bugs that still need fixing here and if the developer is having issues supporting the bugs that already exist, what's going to happen taking it to a broader audience? When, presumably, the bug reports come in even heavier and they've already overextended their development budget. 'But they'll have more money to support it if you post about it!' shouldn't be a plan for fixing bugs. If I were to post this now, it wouldn't be to suggest people use it because it's great, it would be me telling people about it and that it's there should they wish to try it but if they do, it's buggy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180210-175308.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	434214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180210-175232.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	434215
    Yes, I know it's not near perfect, but it's a good start for just a short time of development. Don't you think?
    Well, if the policy if not to comment on things that are not fully developed, I can see why the silence.

IMHO, a little acknowledgment wouldn't heart anybody, and could possibly help support the developer getting some more funds for further development.

Anyway, it is not my intention to tell you how to do your job, just pointing my perception on the matter.

Cheers.

02-10-18 05:24 PM
    Yes, I know it's not near perfect, but it's a good start for just a short time of development. Don't you think?
    Sure is... as I stated.. off to a great start!

Well, if the policy if not to comment on things that are not fully developed, I can see why the silence.
    Not a policy, I've posted lots of stuff in the 10 years I been here that weren't ready for prime time but most of them never came with an intrusive free trial, a subscription fee or a $5 one time payment. It's a bit of a high ask for a lot of bugs. People will agree and disagree with me here, whatever.

IMHO, a little acknowledgment wouldn't heart anybody, and could possibly help support the developer getting some more funds for further development.
    Let's not forget where they've been posting and sharing the details of their app......on CrackBerry lol. Plus, there's a bit of an exposure fallacy happening here. People saying if it gets posted to CB, more people will care. While that's certainly true in some cases, this app is literally catering to the hardcore folks and has had plenty of exposure among that hardcore who care to support it. It has been featured on other sites, it has been shared on Twitter and Instagram and it has reached those who are interested. It even had a nice review written up here in the forums. If they're not buying in, there's a reason and it's not because it hasn't been posted to the CrackBerry blogs.
    02-10-18 05:38 PM
    I'm sorry to say, but the current version of this Launcher is quite buggy, feels clumsy and does have a strange UI feeling. It might be because the app is being developed using Xamarin/Mono. Maybe a native Android app would have performed better.
    02-10-18 05:42 PM
    And 90 % of us would never know about the bugs. I have been an early adopter of all BlackBerry and while the launcher is not perfect, is well worth the money. Zinqs is one of the most responsive developers I have worked with. ( I presently am beta on 6 apps and one cad program, so I do have a little experience in the field)
    02-10-18 09:51 PM
    02-11-18 01:48 AM
    Great discussion, opinion and feedback about the launcher. Thanks for that. When we decided to build the launcher, the question which i had to answer was, "How much money can we spend on development?". The initial estimate came up to $70,000 and 4 months. For a startup, this is too much risky proposition. I made a conscious decision to invest 10K and build the launcher in a month upto the point that it is functional, then perfect it incorporating the feedback and fund the development with the sales of the launcher so the engine can run with its sales fuel.

Now, the part we miscalculated was, the revenue side. We thought such a launcher will be an excitement in BB10 community, and with enough sales, we don't have to make further investment to finish it. That was a disappointment we had.

As @Bla1ze mentioned, its a high ask to pay money with lot of bugs. Totally agreeable. We just thought BB10 users will understand the evolution of product which they were desperately waiting for so many years. Its a bet/risk we made. And we are so wrong on that as well. Looks like a finished product would have resonated more and sold more. But we wouldn't be able to make $70K investment in the first place and we wouldn't be here in the forum .

We will finish this launcher to perfection as i find opportunities to fund it..

--- Shakir
    02-11-18 03:28 AM
    I am curious - what is this " apkpure website" . Is it trusted? Zinqs why are there newer versions listed here? Are these versions - beta?

I am more than willing to help with betas. I am a believer and encourager of your efforts, unlike the complainers.
    02-11-18 09:53 AM
1,323 ... 4243444546 ...