No matter how much you push in this forum, UX-wise it seems BB are content with the current apps and have no desire to make any of them flow better other than the continued bug fixes and Hub Integrations.

I have been down that road for at least a year now and I can see very little movement, if any in that department.

Perhaps this Launcher will give them the appetite! Heck if it's good enough maybe they will buy it!!!!
    That's because the launcher is excellent as is, imo.

Don't forget, Google will be booting all apps from the Play Store that use accessibility settings in ways they did not intend - which will see the end of most of the overlay/remapper/gesture apps.

I'm sure this proposed launcher will be in jeopardy.
    anon(10065266) likes this.
    12-21-17 03:59 PM
    That's because the launcher is excellent as is, imo.

Don't forget, Google will be booting all apps from the Play Store that use accessibility settings in ways they did not intend - which will see the end of most of the overlay/remapper/gesture apps.

I'm sure this proposed launcher will be in jeopardy.
    I am not just talking about the Launcher. I am talking about Hub, Productivity Tab and other areas as well (sorry if I am hijacking the thread!). Any suggested improvement is not addressed which led me to the statement I made in the previous post. These are their apps and therefore their right to address these requests and suggestions or not; I am not expecting anything just stating a fact I observed having spent a year trying to push UX development.

As for the Google API, it still remain to be seen how they will handle it. For now they decided to suspend their decision after a massive developers outcry.
    ARQ-Keighley likes this.
    12-21-17 04:16 PM
    kindly share us the link for download once ready
    12-26-17 09:52 AM
    Absolutely will
    12-26-17 12:08 PM
    Looks interesting. Would be willing to give this a try for sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-17 12:23 PM
    I am not just talking about the Launcher. I am talking about Hub, Productivity Tab and other areas as well (sorry if I am hijacking the thread!). Any suggested improvement is not addressed which led me to the statement I made in the previous post. These are their apps and therefore their right to address these requests and suggestions or not; I am not expecting anything just stating a fact I observed having spent a year trying to push UX development.

As for the Google API, it still remain to be seen how they will handle it. For now they decided to suspend their decision after a massive developers outcry.
    Development cost money... I expect there is a very small team at BlackBerry working on Android. And Chen has to be weighing the licensing (Direct App sales, BBMo and Android Secure) revenues they have gotten so far, with whatever potential he sees going forward and from that deciding on if the Android Development team needs to grow, or shrink. Much like with BB10 in late 2013 and 2014, there was a lot that the development team had planned on.... but cost cutting limited what could be done.
    12-26-17 01:38 PM
    Development cost money... I expect there is a very small team at BlackBerry working on Android. And Chen has to be weighing the licensing (Direct App sales, BBMo and Android Secure) revenues they have gotten so far, with whatever potential he sees going forward and from that deciding on if the Android Development team needs to grow, or shrink. Much like with BB10 in late 2013 and 2014, there was a lot that the development team had planned on.... but cost cutting limited what could be done.
    Could very well be. I argue though that some of these improvements are so easy to deploy and cannot even be quantified in terms of its cost. There are many little nuisance items that should be very easily addressed; many examples can be found around here. Most of which are documented in the 'Hub Suggestions' sticky thread.

Yes, it may cost an hour here or there but nothing that should even be weighed by the CEO.
    12-26-17 01:46 PM
    Could very well be. I argue though that some of these improvements are so easy to deploy and cannot even be quantified in terms of its cost. There are many little nuisance items that should be very easily addressed; many examples can be found around here. Most of which are documented in the 'Hub Suggestions' sticky thread.

Yes, it may cost an hour here or there but nothing that should even be weighed by the CEO.
    I doubt Chen weighs in on these decisions... other than the overall budget.

But, for big companies like BlackBerry.... most minor changes are made by committee. So a little tweak could be dozens of man hours in management, developers, language team, testers, reviewers and probable even legal to make sure they aren't copying some trademark process. And allow for this same team being responsible for security updates and big features updates.... maybe a little thing isn't so little for them
    12-26-17 02:03 PM
    I am very curious about this
    12-26-17 06:24 PM
    Here's a couple more screen shots of the launcher 10 build... can't wait!!! It's looking better and better each day!!!New Blackberry 10 android launcher  available now!-screenshot_2017-12-28-10-32-41-235_com.zinqs.blackberry.png
    12-28-17 12:44 PM
    12-28-17 12:44 PM
    12-28-17 12:48 PM
    - option to remove grey squares
    -option to change the amount of icons that are displayed on screen. (row and columns)
    -option to make a swipe up application drawer so we don't have to keep unwanted apps on the home screen.
    -support for 21:9 devices like the new LG and Samsung phones.
    -allow application to be placed anywhere on the screen. In BB10 all applications were always in the top few rows which are far out of the reach of fingers.
    MaxR_A likes this.
    12-28-17 12:52 PM
    Zinqs LLC is the builder of this Launcher so make sure to give them as much support as possible! These guys are great and are doing an amazing Job so far! Looks like the release date may be sooner.... Possibly Jan 5th. Woo-hoo!! Finally someone decided to make this! The they also have a gofund me page if you would like to contribute to their development!!!
    seletok likes this.
    12-28-17 12:54 PM
    Oh and as much as I hate to not "support" devs through ads and selling personal data.

Can there be no ads and data selling
    12-28-17 12:55 PM
    Oh and as much as I hate to not "support" devs through ads and selling personal data.

I will gladly pay for this Launcher if it works well and really give us what we are looking for.

I am very curious to see how they are going to handle Hub peeking which is basically a feature that is supposedly impossible with Android!

Waiting!
    12-28-17 01:13 PM
    I will gladly pay for this Launcher if it works well and really give us what we are looking for.

I am very curious to see how they are going to handle Hub peeking which is basically a feature that is supposedly impossible with Android!

Waiting!
    opening another app inside of another app seems tough. Especially since you'd have to give the launcher literally every permission your phone has.
    12-28-17 01:15 PM

Waiting!
    opening another app inside of another app seems tough. Especially since you'd have to give the launcher literally every permission your phone has.
    12-28-17 01:15 PM
    Indeed. I wish BlackBerry would have skinned Hub as part of their Launcher, if that's at all possible...
    Zack Brown1420 likes this.
    12-28-17 01:17 PM
    BriniaSona, Our products does not and will not have any Ads and we are not interested in user data or selling users for cheap money. We operate based on Honesty, integrity and commitment.
    12-28-17 01:30 PM

Well this is the reason you must purchase the launcher when it is ready for download. Jeeze support the developer!
    12-28-17 01:37 PM
    Well this is the reason you must purchase the launcher when it is ready for download. Jeeze support the developer!
    I purchase a lot of things (novam phonograph, 1weather, ect). I just hate when stuff asks for every permission and has ads and then no option to not pay for ad free versions.

Glad to hear there will be a paid version of this.
    12-28-17 01:39 PM
    This launcher is going to be almost exact to a real BlackBerry 10 phone user interface . These guys are great at what they do and they will continue to update the launcher when needed.
    12-28-17 01:41 PM
    I purchase a lot of things (novam phonograph, 1weather, ect). I just hate when stuff asks for every permission and has ads and then no option to not pay for ad free versions.

Glad to hear there will be a paid version of this.
    Well when you want or need an app (depending on what the app is designed to do) it needs certain permissions in order to work/ function properly on your phone. This only makes sense.
    12-28-17 01:43 PM
    BriniaSona, Our products does not and will not have any Ads and we are not interested in user data or selling users for cheap money. We operate based on Honesty, integrity and commitment.
    Thank you for the positive feedback Zinqs LLC. We're all anxiously waiting for this launcher my friend 8)
    12-28-17 01:45 PM
1,323 1234 ...