Hello everyone! Just wanted to get everyone excited for a launcher that will be available Mid to end of January 2018... finally after I emailed hundreds and hundreds of Launcher developers I finally have someone working on it and is 30% done writing the Launcher!!!! I can't spill to many beans but wanted to get the leak out at least to get everyone excited for this to come. The price will definitely be fair and I know true Blackberry 10 die hards are going to jump all over this!!! Please see attached photos of a sneek peek!!!! Enjoy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nqs.blackberry
    Attached Thumbnails New Blackberry 10 android launcher  available now!-62871.jpg  
    12-20-17 02:31 PM
    The devil will be in the details - like how to keep all of the keyboard shortcuts, and how to co-exist with all of the mandatory UX elements of Android.
    12-20-17 02:33 PM
    The devil will be in the details - like how to keep all of the keyboard shortcuts, and how to co-exist with all of the mandatory UX elements of Android.
    Oh phooey. Details shmetails.

I will say this. A swipe left to a functional HUB and a swipe up to the home screen would be more than adequate for most of us.
    12-20-17 05:20 PM

I will say this. A swipe left to a functional HUB and a swipe up to the home screen would be more than adequate for most of us.
    Absolutely!!!!
    Qorax, the brother and skinnymike1 like this.
    12-20-17 05:30 PM

Ohh you mean swipe right to the hub. I actually explained to the developer how it works and sent a walk through video showing how the OS functioned and he actually went and bought a BlackBerry 10 phone on Amazon just to see how it works and how to mimic it as close as possible. Regarding the hub placement, it is of course hard to have it layered like original but will be possible to a point because the hub has a widget available so how ever the developer decides to "bake it" into the launcher well just have to see how it all pans out. Just happy that a developer finally listened
    12-20-17 05:43 PM
    12-20-17 05:52 PM
    That's the pull down from home or any screen ..
    the brother and coffee-turtle like this.
    12-20-17 05:52 PM
    Yes very true , I've already been spoke to them regarding the keyboad short cuts and the red star notification on msg apps
    12-20-17 05:54 PM
    Ohh you mean swipe right to the hub. I actually explained to the developer how it works and sent a walk through video showing how the OS functioned and he actually went and bought a BlackBerry 10 phone on Amazon just to see how it works and how to mimic it as close as possible. Regarding the hub placement, it is of course hard to have it layered like original but will be possible to a point because the hub has a widget available so how ever the developer decides to "bake it" into the launcher well just have to see how it all pans out. Just happy that a developer finally listened
    You should take a look at an Essential and what they did with the Google app...swipe to the left to a fully functional live Google app, and if you want it off - a toggle switch in the launcher settings. Beautifully done. Too bad its the wrong app, lol.
    12-20-17 06:25 PM
    Lol ya really. I don't think that we'll ever get that smooth bb10 style ever again but I'm sure that this launcher will be damn close to it. There working to make it so that after a couple Min's using the bb10 launcher you'll forget that your using an Android phone . Well that's what they are saying and is their goal. I hope it's true!!
    12-20-17 06:29 PM
    Yes very true, I guess we'll just have to see what the finishing product will be. In anycase I'm super excited . I'm sure after version 1.0 many updates will come .... Like all of us ...I'm anxiously waiting
    wippeerfurt likes this.
    12-20-17 06:33 PM
    12-20-17 07:20 PM
    this looks great. I'll definitely buy it when it's released.
    Zack Brown1420 likes this.
    12-20-17 07:35 PM
    Very excited! 🤘
    Zack Brown1420 likes this.
    12-21-17 12:49 AM
    Not a fan of the app boxes or the app icons. I suggest using iconpack10 as that icon pack uses the BlackBerry 10 icons. Having a pixel style swipe up app drawer would be great too as would folders and swipe to the right for the hub
    velkod likes this.
    12-21-17 05:24 AM
    Also letting us customize the amount of apps per row would be nice. 4x4 is way too little. I use 5 x 7 on Nova right now.
    12-21-17 05:27 AM
    ARQ-Keighley likes this.
    12-21-17 05:32 AM
    Interesting
    12-21-17 05:43 AM
    indeed interesting but.. It's pointless I think because the most of newer apps won't run on BB10 devices anymore.

BB10 devices has limitations such as OS Jellybean and OS Kitkat for Android runtime for an example.

In order to run apps, Is it nessesary for needing a launcher to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 06:52 AM
    indeed interesting but.. It's pointless I think because the most of newer apps won't run on BB10 devices anymore.

BB10 devices has limitations such as OS Jellybean and OS Kitkat for Android runtime for an example.

In order to run apps, Is it nessesary for needing a launcher to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    This thread is about a BB10-style launcher for an Android device.
    the brother and Skidoo583 like this.
    12-21-17 07:17 AM
    Not a fan of the app boxes or the app icons. I suggest using iconpack10 as that icon pack uses the BlackBerry 10 icons. Having a pixel style swipe up app drawer would be great too as would folders and swipe to the right for the hub
    The launcher developer has been informed to add icon packs to the launcher and also the keyboard shortcuts as well as the red notification star on apps... we will see how it turns out
    the brother likes this.
    12-21-17 11:36 AM
    any examples of devs previous work??

Also im very excited about this. if its decent i feel as a community we should throw our full weight behind the project. this has the potential to eventually evolve the bb 10 os
    12-21-17 02:46 PM
    icon pack ten icons are low res, ugly imo

id say support for icon packs is enough. of course if someone wants to design some hi res bb 10 icons id support that
    12-21-17 02:55 PM
    The launcher developer has been informed to add icon packs to the launcher and also the keyboard shortcuts as well as the red notification star on apps... we will see how it turns out
    In past threads on this subject, how much work it would take was questioned..... sounded like a project that would take a good sized team and number of weeks. Be interested to see what these guy(s) come up with, but in the end I doubt there is enough of a market to justify the work that goes into some of the major launchers that are out there.

Did sorta expect BlackBerry to step it up a little in that last two years, especially with BBMo coming onboard.
    12-21-17 03:05 PM
    In past threads on this subject, how much work it would take was questioned..... sounded like a project that would take a good sized team and number of weeks. Be interested to see what these guy(s) come up with, but in the end I doubt there is enough of a market to justify the work that goes into some of the major launchers that are out there.

Did sorta expect BlackBerry to step it up a little in that last two years, especially with BBMo coming onboard.
    No matter how much you push in this forum, UX-wise it seems BB are content with the current apps and have no desire to make any of them flow better other than the continued bug fixes and Hub Integrations.

I have been down that road for at least a year now and I can see very little movement, if any in that department.

Perhaps this Launcher will give them the appetite! Heck if it's good enough maybe they will buy it!!!!
    12-21-17 03:49 PM
1,323 123 ...