One of my justifications for buying my Blackberry PRIV was to do android development. I took well established formulas on the genetic limits of natural bodybuilders, and made an easy to use app for anyone to use.

I uploaded it for free on the amazon marketplace, and when you search for the name of the app on the amazon website, it's the third result... that makes sense, since it's the name of the app. I've had a few downloads on the amazon marketplace, not many, but they're still unique downloads.

I uploaded it for $1 on Google Play. When I search for my app, a bunch of completely unrelated apps show up

Made my first fitness app... and now I can't find the thing on google play-screenshot_2016-04-07-12-04-59.jpg

The only way I can make it appear is to surround the query with quotation marks. I want to continue doing android development, but if no one can find my apps, I'll be developing for no one. My thought process behind this app was that if someone google'd "How big can I get?" from a web browser on an android phone, that google would give them a link to my app. That doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Google play store link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....howbigcaniget
    Last edited by Evan_Parsons; 04-10-16 at 11:49 AM.
    04-07-16 10:20 AM
    You need to look up "SEO" or similar systems. You're supposed to write the description for your app containing as much possible relevant terms to 'trick' the search engine and users. Then hope User Reviews also contain these terms and optionally pay a (secret don't tell anyone!) advertising fee to improve your listing.

The search results are not sorted by name but by Ratings/whatever hidden Relevance score they get.

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    04-07-16 10:24 AM
    You need to look up "SEO" or similar systems. You're supposed to write the description for your app containing as much possible relevant terms to 'trick' the search engine and users. Then hope User Reviews also contain these terms and optionally pay a (secret don't tell anyone!) advertising fee to improve your listing.

The search results are not sorted by name but by Ratings/whatever hidden Relevance score they get.

I jammed about as many keywords in there as I can, if I jam anymore in there, it'll sound like an infomercial. But I suppose I have to.
    04-07-16 10:51 AM
    At least for initial visibility that might be the best. Once you get some traction your position should improve.

04-07-16 10:53 AM
    At least for initial visibility that might be the best. Once you get some traction your position should improve.

Searching for '"how big can i get" amazon app' returned me to this forum post. Looks like I got some work to do.
    04-07-16 11:21 AM