Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I use messenger lite and still data consumes in the 2+gb neighborhood.

Messenger lite by magic cookie is best app if you need socially media to stay connected.

However unsatisfied I want to know any better alternatives. An all text based client would be nice. Not into loading all the glutter and glitter.
    Attached Thumbnails Looking for data conservative app or client for fb msngr-14934.jpg  
    02-23-19 05:16 PM
    I use messenger lite and still data consumes in the 2+gb neighborhood.

Messenger lite by magic cookie is best app if you need socially media to stay connected.

However unsatisfied I want to know any better alternatives. An all text based client would be nice. Not into loading all the glutter and glitter.
    You mean SMS client?
    02-23-19 05:22 PM
    one that talks to my messenger on facebook that may require app ID and secret
    02-23-19 05:37 PM
    just wish I can still use some xmpp client like x/jabber those days seem over
    02-23-19 05:41 PM
    It’s called Messenger Lite for a reason. I don’t believe it’s entirely the App eating your data, just how much and what you’re transmitting. Much like using iMessage with IOS and texting pictures over MMS instead of SMS, even the most fuel efficient gasoline motor burns more gas than electric motor.
    02-23-19 05:44 PM
    obviously you must do lots of messaging with FB people, pictures I would assume and such. How many people do you talk to on FB? I dont think the "lite" refers to data usage really. If you send/receive a picture its going to use about the same amount of data no matter what app if it sends it full res and not compressed.

You want to cut down the data then us FB less and use the phone on wifi more often.

Also why not use the official FB messenger lite over some 3rd party that now has access to your data?
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-24-19 11:57 AM
    obviously you must do lots of messaging with FB people, pictures I would assume and such. How many people do you talk to on FB? I dont think the "lite" refers to data usage really. If you send/receive a picture its going to use about the same amount of data no matter what app if it sends it full res and not compressed.

You want to cut down the data then us FB less and use the phone on wifi more often.

Also why not use the official FB messenger lite over some 3rd party that now has access to your data?
    That’s what I was going for, but you said it better...
    02-24-19 01:22 PM
    CM Browser? Eww, Cheetah Mobile.
    02-25-19 06:03 AM
    CM Browser? Eww, Cheetah Mobile.
    Exactly what I was thinking considering some of OP's other posts lol.
    02-25-19 11:12 AM
    What about Facebook's Messenger Lite? I keep it on and I'm usually under 20 meg per month. I don't exactly share a lot of pictures or files.
    04-04-19 12:03 PM