Anybody have the latest on Android Pay in Canada? I decided to post this here because the proper folder was absolutely burried in the Android Central forum.

I last recall it being announced as coming, "very soon" back in October. It is now nearly February. Kind of frustrating.

For those of you that say just use a banking app, I am with TD and it will only work with Visa Credit cards. My credit card is a MasterCard, and I never use my credit cards for small purchases anyways, (which is what my main use of android pay would be). Would/could anyone enlighten me on the latest?
    01-29-17 01:29 PM
    Its still undergoing testing/validation. MobileSyrup had an article in December covering how some Reddit users were temporarily were able to use it with Scotia Bank but it was shut down shortly thereafter.
    01-29-17 02:41 PM
    Its still undergoing testing/validation. MobileSyrup had an article in December covering how some Reddit users were temporarily were able to use it with Scotia Bank but it was shut down shortly thereafter.
    I wonder what would make it take so long!
    01-29-17 08:20 PM
    Personally I don't think Android Pay or Apple Pay for that matter is a priority for Canadian banks, they have their own little racket going and aren't fans of others intruding into their territory. Apple has more clout than a single Android OEM or even Google thats all there is to it, and even Apple had to wait quite a while.
    01-30-17 01:32 PM