Interesting. Chrome based browser just stop all video's when minimising the browser. So also when streaming TF1 or Fr3 in your case, or NPO1 in my case. Is there any way you can programming wise differentiate between stopping "a video in general" or a "youtube video"?

Posted via CB10
    This issue actually appears to apply not only to videos (or even "video's" !!!), but to ALL streamed content. To be honest that is a significant weakness for me, as I'm a frequent listener to streamed radio, but need to be able to minimise my browser while getting on with other things.

An example is listening to BBC radio i-player and the like (live or on catch-up), where it only works if the browser window is active and the screen not locked.

Can this be looked into, please?

Thanks very much!
    07-21-17 02:43 AM
    What's the status on a BB10 type file manager? Also you still planning on working on one?
    07-23-17 07:50 PM
    Following this, look forward to updates and will give it a try soon.
    07-23-17 08:47 PM
    This issue actually appears to apply not only to videos (or even "video's" !!!), but to ALL streamed content. To be honest that is a significant weakness for me, as I'm a frequent listener to streamed radio, but need to be able to minimise my browser while getting on with other things.

An example is listening to BBC radio i-player and the like (live or on catch-up), where it only works if the browser window is active and the screen not locked.

Can this be looked into, please?

Thanks very much!
    I will try to do something about it

What's the status on a BB10 type file manager? Also you still planning on working on one?
    Keyboard File is already online
    https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...-file-1114796/
    Pistooli likes this.
    07-24-17 04:12 AM
    Excellent, Alain - thanks!
    07-24-17 04:19 AM
    Cheers! I hope you are able to add accounts, such as dropbox and onedrive. That would be swell.
    07-25-17 02:21 PM
    Update 1.7.2 is available:

- Added permanent option for security warnings.
    - Improved website address update while navigating.
    07-27-17 03:55 AM
    Yes!! Was about to suggest the URL bug, not fully displayed. Update has fixed it, thanks Alain
    07-27-17 04:57 AM
    Just a small little gripe I've been running into: while I like opening the side panel with 'a', when I want to select a lot of text within the browser using ctrl-a, I can't select the text because the side panel will always open. Any way you can have an exception for ctrl-a?
    08-10-17 08:39 PM
    Hi, Alain/all

Is it just me, or is there a slight problem with the History in the browser? The issue I'm seeing is that not all my history seems to show there: some sites and browsing seem to be 'forgotten' - it's quite strange.

Can anyone else relate to this issue, I wonder?

And the other significant issue is the need to be able to save content locally - and open it again locally. One doesn't like to have to resort to Chrome, after all...

Thanks as ever!
    Last edited by 37201xoIM; 08-13-17 at 11:06 AM.
    08-11-17 03:34 AM
    I have the same problem with the history. The browser "forgets" around 90% of all the visited websites. So unfortunately the history is almost useless in the current version.

I have further problems using YouTube as well. minimizing and maximizing videos does not work really well! First of all, the status - bar is still visible in fullscreen-mode. And minimizing a fullscreen-video always places the video-window one centimeter lower so it covers the video title.
    But the most annoying bug appears when I use the search bar in YouTube. The browser does not recognize that the keyboard is in writing-mode, so for example every "l" I enter refreshes the page.

I hope Alain keeps developing this browser, because there are still several bugs to fix.
    I know, the browser works pretty decent right now and you generate some money with it, but please don't be that kind of developer, who neglects an app which works "ok" and generates some money! The physical-keyboard-world needs you!
    08-23-17 04:14 PM
    The funny thing with the 'history' issue is that the browser doesn't seem to have completely "forgotten" the previous browsing, because if you on a blank 'new tab' page begin to enter a site's URL that you've visited before, it does recognise it.

Oh, one much more minor thing: when using Keyboard Browser to open a link from an e-mail, sometimes the browser doesn't actually open the page linked to, but another page you've recently visited - a tab you've just closed. Going back again and selecting the link from the e-mail again a second time then does work correctly: it just seems to be the first time. Not a big deal, but just so you know!

Cheers

Edit: Looking at it again, I think I'm wrong: it is "forgetting" browsing history entirely, so not only from the 'History' list but also not recognising sites' addresses that have been previously visited when typing them in again. Indeed yesterday, from a whole day's browsing it only remembered one or two sites!
    Last edited by 37201xoIM; 08-25-17 at 05:30 AM.
    08-23-17 04:41 PM
    @ominaxe
    I will try to fix this problem.

@37201xoIM & @Freeriderz
    Thank you for your feedback.
    For startup option, do you use "New Tab Page" or "My Tabs From Last Time"?

I was very busy during august : holidays + a lot a work, that's why there is no update for the moment.
    But don't panic, I will continue to improve Keyboard Browser and Keyboard File. I just won't be able to publish an update every week like before.
    08-25-17 11:27 AM
    I use "new tab page" to get a "fresh" browser after every launch of the app.
    08-25-17 11:59 AM
    And I'm the opposite: I use my tabs from the previous session!

Thanks, Alain
    08-25-17 12:00 PM

Oh, one much more minor thing: when using Keyboard Browser to open a link from an e-mail, sometimes the browser doesn't actually open the page linked to, but another page you've recently visited - a tab you've just closed. Going back again and selecting the link from the e-mail again a second time then does work correctly: it just seems to be the first time. Not a big deal, but just so you know!
    Just to let the developer know, I've also experienced this minor bug.

Keyboard Browser and Keyboard File are terrific! Thanks for creating them.
    08-28-17 05:57 PM
    A new update 1.7.5 is available:

- Added Baidu search engine.
    - Bug fixes.

@Freeriderz & @37201xoIM can you tell me if your history works better now?
    Thanks.
    09-11-17 02:52 AM
    No, unfortunately not. I have visited at least 30 websites after the update, but the history shows only one.
    09-11-17 03:37 AM
    Same here. History has never been reliable so far. Only 1 entry for today. Also, I've noticed a huge drop in stability over the last 3 to 4 weeks. Sometimes is just stops loading pages. Restarting the app helps, but not always. After some minutes it works again. I use Chrome in the meantime. No issues there so it has something to do with the app, no signal drop or something. Weird.

K1 (AAN358)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-11-17 08:06 AM
    Same here, I'm afraid: I don't get anything showing in my history since 30 July, other than the actual site I have open (in that tab) at the moment.
    09-11-17 05:06 PM
    Thank you CrackBerry for your help
    Thanks Alain for the great work! I just purchased it.

My only feature request, which may be difficult to implement: Ad-blocking. Is this possible?
    09-14-17 02:08 PM
    Must confess I'm still having problems with opening links from e-mails, as well as no history being saved.

In addition, there doesn't - as far as I can tell - seem to be a way of going forward from the home/new tab screen. For example, if I'm looking at a page I reached from the that screen, and I (perhaps inadvertently) press 'back' too many times, it takes me to the new tab screen - and I don't seem to be able to return forward again to what I was reading: I can't press "N" (because it would just enter "n" in the URl/search field), and there doesn't seem to be a "forward" option on the menu there. Or am I missing something?

Hoping an update is on the horizon?

Thanks
    09-18-17 05:30 AM
    @Freeriderz @Quantenhorst @37201xoIM
    OK. I don't understand why it's not working for everybody.
    Anyway, I will change my all history management in next update. I can't tell you when, but I will need your feedback again.

My only feature request, which may be difficult to implement: Ad-blocking. Is this possible?
    Thank you for your support. Adblocking is planned but I must first fix this history problem.

Must confess I'm still having problems with opening links from e-mails, as well as no history being saved.

In addition, there doesn't - as far as I can tell - seem to be a way of going forward from the home/new tab screen. For example, if I'm looking at a page I reached from the that screen, and I (perhaps inadvertently) press 'back' too many times, it takes me to the new tab screen - and I don't seem to be able to return forward again to what I was reading: I can't press "N" (because it would just enter "n" in the URl/search field), and there doesn't seem to be a "forward" option on the menu there. Or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Indeed, forward should be available in this case. I will try to work on it.
    09-18-17 03:36 PM
    @Freeriderz @Quantenhorst @37201xoIM
    OK. I don't understand why it's not working for everybody.
    Anyway, I will change my all history management in next update. I can't tell you when, but I will need your feedback again.

Thank you for your support. Adblocking is planned but I must first fix this history problem.

Thanks
    Indeed, forward should be available in this case. I will try to work on it.
    09-18-17 03:37 PM
    Thanks a lot, Alain!
    09-18-17 03:41 PM
419 ... 1011121314 ...