Also, anyway to allow youtube videos to continue to play when the browser is minimized or the screen is off?

Thanks!
    Google forbids him that, or else exclusion from the Playstore.

Any chance to see a "non video play limits version" on your own server or on another apk site?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 04:35 PM
    Well this sounds nice but would neglect the direct google search option in the url bar as entering
    "Things i want to search" would end up as url things.i.want.to.search instead of searching in Google "Things i want to search".

Perhaps a double spacebar for . could be a compromise.

But if featurerequest is implemented as wished i'm also OK you just have to load google.com first to search something.
    No, it only did it for when it seems like it should be a web address, like if it ended in com or net or something like that.
    06-27-17 09:02 PM
    No data is collected by Keyboard Browser, and for sure nothing is sent to third parties. The only personnal informations asked are for specific features:
    - External storage for file downloading.
    - Geolocation for websites that request user location.
    - URL is sent to Mercury service for reader mode.

Obviously, I can't control what Google WebViews system is doing, but I suppose it is quite fair. Anyway, if you are using an Android device, you need to accept the risk of bringing Google into your life

@slagman5
    I am a bit surprised because this feature (typing url with spaces instead of dots) does not work on my BlackBerry Passport. Are you sure of this? Maybe it is available only with certain layouts of PKB like Q10).

@gizmo21 & @TheBond
    After thinking about it, I won't add this feature. I could detect url when there is only one space and a common extension (com, net, ca, fr, de etc...) but I am not sure it would be so useful...
    It's always worked as a secondary suggestion, then as of a certain update on my Classic, it would become the default, so typing "google com" and pressing enter would have selected google.com automatically. Not sure why it would be different on the passport...
    06-27-17 09:05 PM
    @gizmo21
    Thanks for your suggestions. A source viewer is a good idea.
    I will check Firefox Focus, I hope I will find usable tools for ad blocking.
    For private browsing, my problem is more about combining both normal and private navigation.

@BriniaSona
    If Chrome and Firefox bookmarks synchronization is possible (not sure), then I will try to ad it to Keyboard Brower.

@chetmanley & @johnsliderbb
    Indeed, the first release was rejected because of playing YouTube videos in background.
    I don't want to have any problem with Google for now so it won't change for the moment.
    Later I will check what is done with Firefox on this point.

I did not have much free time these days and I am still working on a File Manager.
    But I will continue to update Keyboard Browser as long as I receive feedbacks like yours.
    06-28-17 02:33 AM
    Question. Were you rejected playing youtube in the background or playing video's in general in the background?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 05:41 AM
    Question. Were you rejected playing youtube in the background or playing video's in general in the background?

Posted via CB10
    They mentioned only YouTube videos.
    06-29-17 01:49 AM
    Interesting. Chrome based browser just stop all video's when minimising the browser. So also when streaming TF1 or Fr3 in your case, or NPO1 in my case. Is there any way you can programming wise differentiate between stopping "a video in general" or a "youtube video"?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 04:50 PM
    this is an excellent browser, far better than chrome on the Keyone. I rarely use other apps, besides the main ones, but this app I'm very pleased with and the developer support and updates.
    Pistooli likes this.
    06-30-17 01:59 AM
    A new update 1.6.3 will be released soon.
    It only improves file downloading, particularly in guessing file name.

@johnsliderbb for now I don't want to integrate background streaming to avoid any problem. But maybe I will change my mind because I really would like this feature too
    07-03-17 11:58 AM
    Alaingrange: below is what I'm getting when trying to log into Xbox live rewards via the browser. Received that just after logging into my Microsoft acct.
    Attached Thumbnails Introducing Keyboard Browser-screenshot_20170705-170520.jpg  
    07-05-17 04:08 PM
    Alaingrange: below is what I'm getting when trying to log into Xbox live rewards via the browser. Received that just after logging into my Microsoft acct.
    I can't reproduce the problem: I don't have the same error message.
    But I am directly redirected to home page just after login, I don't know why. I will investigate

For your information, I just released the first release of Keyboard File, a file manager with keyboard shortcuts and BB10 style. If you're interested, don't hesitate to participate to this topic:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...-file-1114796/
    07-09-17 07:47 AM
    I don't kno if this has already been requested, maybe I already did but wut about the option when selecting text to then "search Google"? That was always one of my favorite options when browsing on my Classic
    gizmo21 likes this.
    07-09-17 10:44 AM
    I don't kno if this has already been requested, maybe I already did but wut about the option when selecting text to then "search Google"? That was always one of my favorite options when browsing on my Classic
    ...and Firefox Mobile.
    07-09-17 09:59 PM
    This guy, please make a Reddit client with keyboard shortcuts!
    07-11-17 06:53 AM
    Nice done.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 07:09 AM
    excellent browser. now bought.
    please continue developing it.
    07-11-17 08:45 AM
    Update 1.7.0 is available on the Play Store:
    - History is available in left menu.
    - Fixed a bug when removing ads.
    blueyestm likes this.
    07-12-17 02:27 AM
    thanks for adding history , great browser 👍👍
    07-12-17 03:37 AM
    One feature request that is preventing me from buying....a way(s) to sort bookmarks and, like BB10 had, ability to immediately start typing when bookmarks are opened in order to search within bookmarks.

Ok maybe that is 2 but they are at least related.
    07-12-17 07:24 AM
    Update 1.7.0 is available on the Play Store:
    - History is available in left menu.
    - Fixed a bug when removing ads.
    Just updated, thanks for looking into adding "History", it's probably the feature I was most interested in.

Hopefully you can also figure out "private browsing mode" eventually.

Kudos on your great work!

P.S. I've noticed that History only works when the start up option is selected as "My Tabs from Last Time". Whenever I enable " New Tab Page", history is not registered. Is this the way it's designed?
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 07-12-17 at 10:47 PM.
    07-12-17 09:29 PM
    For the record, I have purchased keyboard browser and love it on my K1. Would really like to see an adblock feature (toggle-able).

As a fellow software developer and systems guy, I have a suggestion as to how you could implement a basic ad-block. The easy way to add ad-block to any system or network is to alter the hosts file and point any ad domains to 0.0.0.0. There is actually a host file maintained here that is continually updated with ad domains -> http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt

I'm not sure about the inner workings of android app development, but if you could find a way to cross reference every request in the browser with the the domains in this file, you could effectively implement ad blocking. Something like this SO post describes: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ndroid-webview

Food for thought!
    07-12-17 10:52 PM
    P.S. I've noticed that History only works when the start up option is selected as "My Tabs from Last Time". Whenever I enable " New Tab Page", history is not registered. Is this the way it's designed?
    Are you sure of this point? I personnaly set "New Tab Page" and history seems to work as it should.

@mvsalvino
    Ad blocking is a feature planned but I did not start developpment yet.
    Thanks for your help ans the links.
    07-18-17 03:11 AM
    History works for me. I have "New Tab Page" set and I get my history.

I did, however, receive the same popup a few times browsing CB forums which is totally unwanted.
    07-18-17 04:03 AM
    Are you sure of this point? I personnaly set "New Tab Page" and history seems to work as it should.
    In my case, some pages are not registered in history, unless I select the "open new tab" option. I'm using a PRIV, not a KeyOne, not sure if that might have something to do.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    07-19-17 04:16 PM
    Here is a small update 1.7.1

- Added Third-Party Cookies support (in Privacy and Security parameters).
    - Added Basic Authentication support.
    - Support of Play Store links.
    07-20-17 11:39 AM
419 ... 910111213 ...