Thanks for the update. It's quite stable now.

Just wondering if we can fix these nuisances for now:
    1. Opening a url opens Keyboard Browser from any app however pressing back (Android-level back button) does not take us back to the previous app. I think UC Browser does it differently, it opens a tab with an ability to go back to the link launching app.

2. All GooglePlay links don't open the GooglePlay but go in Keyboard Browser. Are we doing anything different. I remember with any other browser, such links were forwarded to the right app.
    Not sure if you got time to look into above.

Also noticed, when we are on the side menu, press Q, and if we're on the start tab, none of the shortcuts work from the menu since the focus is still on address bar.

And I think we originally used to have Enter to find next word when finding a word. Also finding word doesn't work in Read mode and Space to scroll works only if you highlight something in Read mode (perhaps focus issue)
    06-02-17 09:22 PM
    A small new update is available :

- Added bookmark edition with a long click.
    - Added keyboard support in bookmarks screen: swipe top/bottom to navigate and enter key to select a bookmark.
    - Fixed a display bug when navigating in tabs.
    Great update and thanks for the next implemented set of my feature requests, but I don't know how
    "Bookmark adding by long click" works?
    "
    06-02-17 11:20 PM
    Great update and thanks for the next implemented set of my feature requests, but I don't know how
    "Bookmark adding by long click" works?
    I think he means you can edit Bookmarks with long click, as oppose to just deletion. I never tried it before the update so can't say what was the functionality before.
    06-02-17 11:25 PM
    I think he means you can edit Bookmarks with long click, as oppose to just deletion. I never tried it before the update so can't say what was the functionality before.
    Ahh no, I think it is long press on a link on a webpage - to open context menu and then bookmark it there.

I though he meant the displayed website in browser could be bookmarked by a long press on 'K' - so short press 'K' would be "open bookmark menu" and longpress 'K' would be "bookmark this page" -

"use the force of PKB" you know, but perhaps I'm too excited about pkb.
    06-02-17 11:27 PM
    Ahh no, I think it is long press on a link on a webpage - to open context menu and then bookmark it there.

I though the displayed website in browser could be bookmarked by a long press on 'K' - so short press 'K' would be "open bookmark menu" and longpress 'K' would be "bookmark this page
    Not sure about long press and short press but I get you from the Context Menu. I can see the Bookmark link.
    06-02-17 11:29 PM
    Hhm I get really annoying full website ads when searching on Google and landing on android central:

https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.andr...rry-priv%3Famp

I can't close the ad and can't get back to android central. You also see that URL bar is still google.

Introducing Keyboard Browser-1496466249947.jpgIntroducing Keyboard Browser-1496466253967.jpg

Anyone else?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-03-17 12:04 AM
    yeah, me too! On nintendoeverything.com
    06-03-17 02:14 AM
    Yeah that iPhone thing is a spreading pestilence lately, had it on several websites and switched back to Yandex alpha for the time being. Without an ad blocker, infected pages can't be visited.
    06-03-17 06:16 AM
    @TheBond
    Yes I noted your suggestions.
    I will check back button behavior as soon as possible.
    But I still don't know what I will do for Google Play links. Maybe an option in settings to redirect to Play Store app or not.

Not sure if you got time to look into above.

Also noticed, when we are on the side menu, press Q, and if we're on the start tab, none of the shortcuts work from the menu since the focus is still on address bar.

And I think we originally used to have Enter to find next word when finding a word. Also finding word doesn't work in Read mode and Space to scroll works only if you highlight something in Read mode (perhaps focus issue)
    So you have the same problem as @gizmo21
    I can't reproduce so it is hard to fix it.
    OK for enter key to find next word: I will try to add it in next release. Search will be available in reader mode, but not I don't know when: my todo list becomes larger every day ^^

but I don't know how "Bookmark adding by long click" works?
    @TheBond is right: it means that you can edit your bookmark with a long press on it.

Hhm I get really annoying full website ads when searching on Google and landing on android central:
    OK thank you for this report. I will check how these websites are displayed on other web browsers.
    06-03-17 07:03 AM
    Will you add view as desktop version?
    06-04-17 06:26 AM
    Love this browser. Its my default and - disabled chrome. Is there anyways to make the back arrow long pressable and it shows a list of previous sites like in bb10 so as not to keep hitting the back arrow until you get back to the main search page in forums?
    06-04-17 06:45 AM
    First of all, thanks to the developer for making this browser. I had done a few tests and was unsure to buy the ad free version, but after using it a bit more, I got convinced. A great addition to my PRIV (and hopefully in the future, a KeyOne).

It's really reminiscent of the BB10 browser, so I just had to give it a go, kudos developer!

Just a question, unless I'm missing something, how can I open the browser's history? Likewise, is there anyway to set the browser to open to the last consulted page? (I don't really use this feature, but I'm just curious).

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
    06-04-17 09:13 PM
    Hi, there is a new update available

- Added enter key shortcut for searching next word.
    - Added "Find On Page" and "Invert Colors" features for reader mode.
    - Fixed space shortcut in reader mode.
    - Fixed a bug when clearing private data.
    - Fixed display of options menu in landscape mode.

@ardakca
    Yes desktop mode will come soon. But it won't allow playing YouTube videos in background.

@blueyestm & @JG_Agustin
    History is planned but I can't tell you when it will be available. This feature is not so easy in fact.
    Last edited by alaingrange; 06-06-17 at 03:58 AM.
    Uzi, asbmorsi, gizmo21 and 1 others like this.
    06-06-17 03:31 AM
    Hello Alain, one thing I love about BB's browser is that if you type a web address using the space instead of a dot, it'll know it and pressing enter would go to the correct place. For example, if I type google com and hit enter, it'll know to go to google.com instead of searching for google com. Any way to implement that in keyboard browser? Thanks
    06-06-17 11:51 AM

@ardakca
    Yes desktop mode will come soon. But it won't allow playing YouTube videos in background.

@blueyestm & @JG_Agustin
    History is planned but I can't tell you when it will be available. This feature is not so easy in fact.
    Just updated, the app keeps getting better, kudos!

I'm currently recommending it on the forums. While Chrome did a decent job, I just really prefer the BB10 layout, I find it much more user intuitive and with the keyboard shortcuts even better!

I'm looking forward to the addition of the history option, thanks again for your great work!

P.S. May I suggest for a future update an option to add a page as a home screen shortcut without having to type the address manually. And also the possibility to rearrange the order of said homescreen shortcuts (or perhaps link these to the bookmarks?). Thanks.
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 06-06-17 at 02:10 PM.
    06-06-17 01:49 PM

Thanks for another great update. Seems like I'm your beta tester, perhaps you should add beta testing to your app release cycle.

Just somethings I noticed from latest features:
    * Reader mode works with space bar scrolling but if you search using 'S' and then cancel it, the space bar doesn't work any more
    * Reader mode invert colour should persist. User should not have to hit invert colour each time.
    * Reader mode photos are often out of alignment, perhaps it's not something you can control and it's service related. Photos (media) should be wrapped within the width of the text and should not span out.
    * Some sites still can't let you download, for eg https://apk4free.net/furry-fm-pro-player/ the download button just shows the image instead of opening a file downloader.
    06-06-17 03:00 PM
    If you're planning on doing apps that are similar to BB10, you should also make their calculator app and clock app.

One thing I know I'm going to miss about Android is the one stop spot for all your needs. Clock had world map, timer, stopwatch, weather, and alarms. Calculator had a converter, tip calculator, and regular/scientific calculators. Android has a bunch of these in separate places or another app download.
    06-06-17 06:38 PM
    Hello Alain, one thing I love about BB's browser is that if you type a web address using the space instead of a dot, it'll know it and pressing enter would go to the correct place. For example, if I type google com and hit enter, it'll know to go to google.com instead of searching for google com. Any way to implement that in keyboard browser? Thanks
    I did not know this feature on BB10! I will check it and see what I can do for Keyboard Browser.

P.S. May I suggest for a future update an option to add a page as a home screen shortcut without having to type the address manually. And also the possibility to rearrange the order of said homescreen shortcuts (or perhaps link these to the bookmarks?). Thanks.
    Thank you for your support.
    I prefer keeping bookmarks and home shortcuts independent. Sorting bookmarks is very important, but not home shortcuts because it will take more time and other features are more important from my point of view. Sorry for that.

Thanks for another great update. Seems like I'm your beta tester, perhaps you should add beta testing to your app release cycle.

Just somethings I noticed from latest features:
    * Reader mode works with space bar scrolling but if you search using 'S' and then cancel it, the space bar doesn't work any more
    * Reader mode invert colour should persist. User should not have to hit invert colour each time.
    * Reader mode photos are often out of alignment, perhaps it's not something you can control and it's service related. Photos (media) should be wrapped within the width of the text and should not span out.
    * Some sites still can't let you download, for eg https://apk4free.net/furry-fm-pro-player/ the download button just shows the image instead of opening a file downloader.
    For now, updates frequency is too high to have beta testers, but sure I will need your help later
    I agree with all your suggestions, thank you. Indeed, I can't promise if it is possible to do something for photos.

If you're planning on doing apps that are similar to BB10, you should also make their calculator app and clock app.

One thing I know I'm going to miss about Android is the one stop spot for all your needs. Clock had world map, timer, stopwatch, weather, and alarms. Calculator had a converter, tip calculator, and regular/scientific calculators. Android has a bunch of these in separate places or another app download.
    My next app will be a file manager because it is the second app I miss the most with Android BlackBerry devices. Calculator and Clock would be great, but I think it will be hard for me to find free time to work on them...
    jamesharmeling and Mecca EL like this.
    06-07-17 04:26 AM
    How do you process the information gathered in terms of privacy? Do you give personal data or general data about my phone, activity to third parties?
    06-07-17 03:54 PM
    Well this sounds nice but would neglect the direct google search option in the url bar as entering
    "Things i want to search" would end up as url things.i.want.to.search instead of searching in Google "Things i want to search".

Perhaps a double spacebar for . could be a compromise.

But if featurerequest is implemented as wished i'm also OK you just have to load google.com first to search something.
    06-08-17 12:26 AM
    Well this sounds nice but would neglect the direct google search option in the url bar as entering
    "Things i want to search" would end up as url things.i.want.to.search instead of searching in Google "Things i want to search".

Perhaps a double spacebar for . could be a compromise.

But if featurerequest is implemented as wished i'm also OK you just have to load google.com first to search something.
    No it won't. What he's saying that the url field should be smart enough to know if I'm typing an address or a search string.

Eg
    Google com becomes google.com
    What is the weather remains "what is the weather"
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-08-17 02:44 AM
    How do you process the information gathered in terms of privacy? Do you give personal data or general data about my phone, activity to third parties?
    No data is collected by Keyboard Browser, and for sure nothing is sent to third parties. The only personnal informations asked are for specific features:
    - External storage for file downloading.
    - Geolocation for websites that request user location.
    - URL is sent to Mercury service for reader mode.

Obviously, I can't control what Google WebViews system is doing, but I suppose it is quite fair. Anyway, if you are using an Android device, you need to accept the risk of bringing Google into your life

@slagman5
    I am a bit surprised because this feature (typing url with spaces instead of dots) does not work on my BlackBerry Passport. Are you sure of this? Maybe it is available only with certain layouts of PKB like Q10).

@gizmo21 & @TheBond
    After thinking about it, I won't add this feature. I could detect url when there is only one space and a common extension (com, net, ca, fr, de etc...) but I am not sure it would be so useful...
    06-08-17 04:33 AM
    Update 1.5.4 is available:

- Added option for tabs recovery on startup (Settings --> General).
    - Back button now returns to the app that opened the url.
    - Reader mode: invert colors choice is now memorized.
    - Fixed file download with some types of links.
    - Fixed space shortcut when leaving search mode.

I tried to work on requests I received here and by email. Do not hesitate if you find something wrong.
    06-09-17 02:49 AM
    Great! Thanks.
    06-09-17 04:51 AM
    Update 1.5.4 is available:

- Added option for tabs recovery on startup (Settings --> General).
    - Back button now returns to the app that opened the url.
    - Reader mode: invert colors choice is now memorized.
    - Fixed file download with some types of links.
    - Fixed space shortcut when leaving search mode.

I tried to work on requests I received here and by email. Do not hesitate if you find something wrong.
    Sadly the tab q/z url bar bug returned when a newtab is in tab menu and want to close tab menu with q/z
    06-09-17 07:18 AM
419 ... 7891011 ...