Thank you CrackBerry for your help

@MacOnBB I don't know if a shortcut to dismiss browser is a good idea: home button is not so far from keyboard. Anyway I keep in mind the idea, thanks.

@TheBond these are bugs indeed. Thx for this report.

@mithrazor Incognito/private mode is a problem from beginning because Android don't allow it easily with their webviews. I think I can find a workaround, but I don't know when

I can see that a lot of people want reader mode. I first have to check what it is exactly because I don't use this feature. As @Reaney said, I think it is not an easy development.
    I will tell you if it is possible or not.
    I want to state that I think a keyboard shortcut to close the browser is a bad idea as it could be hit accidentally and would mess you up more than accidentally pressing another shortcut... Just my opinion. I think there should be a shortcut to close the highlighted tab when the side bar is open though. Not a fan of the keyboard shortcut to close the current tab from any view for the same reason I think the close browser shortcut is not something I would desire. But needing the side bar to be open first would make it more intentional...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-23-17 04:03 PM
    Thanks for this Browser. I see folks have lots of suggestions and your to-do list is growing.

I'm the guy who contacted you last night about opening Local Files. I've been using them for years on various BB phones and even the BB Playbook. I've just sometimes used the

file:///

url alone which allows me to navigate the various files on my phone, both sd-card and Internal Memory files.

But the one I suggested is the one I use most often:

file:///storage/emulated/0/Documents/BlackBerry(1).html

And what it opens in my case is:

Attachment 423608

Attachment 423609

It is a html table of links to my favorite and most visited sites. The second shows the end of the table where in RED I've highlighted three entries that open other local files. The first opens Internal Memory folder where I can navigate around folders in Internal Memory, the second opens the Sd-card for similar navigation and the third opens another html table with Europe links when I'm visiting Europe. As I mentioned in my email to you, I also have links in that Europe table to open a jpg or two of my passport photo, my drivers license and even a map or two.

I know you've been asked to implement a slew of features. So, if this one is not too difficult, it would really be nice.

Again, THANKS for your efforts.
    Yes, allowing us to use a local html file to use as a homepage would be nice...

FF22 likes this.
    05-23-17 04:04 PM
    Update 1.4.0 is available:

- Reader mode with R shortcut.
    - Fixed various bugs and improved stability.

Thanks to CrackBerry article from @Bla1ze I realized that Reader mode was something really useful for BlackBerry users, that's why this feature became a priority. Maybe I will start to use it too

Thanks to @TheBond and @ardakca for detecting problems with www.origin.com, www.carphonewarehouse.com and www.motor1.com websites: now it should be ok.
    Awesome. So not too difficult? Great stuff!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-23-17 04:25 PM
    Nevermind.. here. Uncompressed, should be big enough for this use as its xxxhdpi. http://bla1ze.com/spark.png
    Thank you for the icon and the new article

I want to state that I think a keyboard shortcut to close the browser is a bad idea as it could be hit accidentally and would mess you up more than accidentally pressing another shortcut... Just my opinion. I think there should be a shortcut to close the highlighted tab when the side bar is open though. Not a fan of the keyboard shortcut to close the current tab from any view for the same reason I think the close browser shortcut is not something I would desire. But needing the side bar to be open first would make it more intentional...
    I agree, that's why I did not implement this shortcut in latest release.
    About closing current tab, it is already possible with DEL. key when menu is visible.

Awesome. So not too difficult? Great stuff!
    Indeed, WebView does not offer anything for reader mode. I found a free service called Mercury: it works great. I mention it in about screen.
    05-24-17 02:52 AM
    I agree, that's why I did not implement this shortcut in latest release.
    About closing current tab, it is already possible with DEL. key when menu is visible.
    Oh ok, must have missed that. Thanks. :-)

05-24-17 10:34 AM
    Here's to a lot of 'great' work!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-24-17 02:32 PM
    Thanks for the update. It's quite stable now.

Just wondering if we can fix these nuisances for now:
    1. Opening a url opens Keyboard Browser from any app however pressing back (Android-level back button) does not take us back to the previous app. I think UC Browser does it differently, it opens a tab with an ability to go back to the link launching app.

2. All GooglePlay links don't open the GooglePlay but go in Keyboard Browser. Are we doing anything different. I remember with any other browser, such links were forwarded to the right app.
    05-24-17 09:55 PM
    Thanks for the update. It's quite stable now.

Just wondering if we can fix these nuisances for now:
    1. Opening a url opens Keyboard Browser from any app however pressing back (Android-level back button) does not take us back to the previous app. I think UC Browser does it differently, it opens a tab with an ability to go back to the link launching app.

2. All GooglePlay links don't open the GooglePlay but go in Keyboard Browser. Are we doing anything different. I remember with any other browser, such links were forwarded to the right app.
    1. yes that would be nice

2. Chrome redirects to play, but Firefox stays in browser which is quite useful sometimes cause you get a different view on the apps and not the one only for your device. But I would not bother if play would open in KBB if most users would like to.
    05-24-17 11:51 PM
    1 issue I've encountered is Google plus has "flagged" the browser, and does not allow for a login or link to feed, without coming in from the backdoor (through a link to individual page).

Message is "Browser is out of date"
    05-24-17 11:55 PM
    1 issue I've encountered is Google plus has "flagged" the browser, and does not allow for a login or link to feed, without coming in from the backdoor (through a link to individual page).

Easiest solution to that is to stop using google plus... hated ever since they invaded youtube...

05-25-17 02:18 PM

Isn't Android Webviews a Google product? If so, why wouldn't Google+ recognize their own browser? Or is that a stupid question?
    05-25-17 06:56 PM

I just tried to login to Google Plus without any problem. Could you tell me more about it and send me screenshots?
    Thanks
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-26-17 04:39 AM
    Hello Alain,
    first of all, I did not read through all posts in this thread, so there might be some posts addressing the same problems as I will do in the following.

1. I miss the feature to add a website as a shortcut to the homescreen, do you plan on getting this done?

2. I have an issue with download files directly in your browser. Downloading a video only downloads a file named "videoplayback.bin", download a PDF-File downloads a file called "goto.php". So I am not able to download anything via your browser. Are you already aware of this?

But anyway, keep up your work on this browser, it is very promising!

Cheers
    Jan
    05-26-17 08:15 AM
    1. I miss the feature to add a website as a shortcut to the homescreen, do you plan on getting this done?

2. I have an issue with download files directly in your browser. Downloading a video only downloads a file named "videoplayback.bin", download a PDF-File downloads a file called "goto.php". So I am not able to download anything via your browser. Are you already aware of this?
    Hi and thank you.

I am working on home screen shortcuts. Everything is nearly ok, but I still have a bug I don't understand: icon and title of shortcut are lost after device reboot, I don't know why (link is working well). I think next update will be available as soon as I fix this problem.

Indeed, file download implementation is basic in Keyboard Browser. I can't tell you when this will be modified, but yes it is planned.
    Freeriderz likes this.
    05-26-17 09:40 AM
    I am working on home screen shortcuts...

Indeed, file download implementation is basic in Keyboard Browser...
    Nice to hear! Since I have to download a lot of PDFs (I'm a student), I'm mainly interested in the download implementation, so I hope you are getting it sorted anytime soon!
    05-26-17 10:09 AM
    Hello Alain,
    first of all, I did not read through all posts in this thread, so there might be some posts addressing the same problems as I will do in the following.

But anyway, keep up your work on this browser, it is very promising!

Cheers
    Jan
    I actually downloaded a YouTube video using a website and it worked fine. BTW I'm using KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    05-26-17 10:25 AM
    I just tried to login to Google Plus without any problem. Could you tell me more about it and send me screenshots?
    Thanks
    It's working for me currently as well. I'll screenshot this issue should it re emerge. Thanks.
    05-26-17 11:11 AM
    I actually downloaded a YouTube video using a website and it worked fine. BTW I'm using KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Which website did you use?
    05-26-17 12:31 PM
    Which website did you use?
    I used this https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter
    05-26-17 04:49 PM
    You are right, downloading via this website works! But anyway, as the developer mentioned, the download function is still basic and most downloads do not work. But I am positive, he will fix this!
    05-26-17 05:16 PM
    You are right, downloading via this website works! But anyway, as the developer mentioned, the download function is still basic and most downloads do not work. But I am positive, he will fix this!
    Perhaps the website you have used has more things happening on it. I have also used some random site to download from Twitter without issues.

Could be another lucky site for me 👍
    05-26-17 05:21 PM
    Are you able to add Mozilla sync to it? That would be awesome.
    05-27-17 12:13 AM
    Hi everybody. Update 1.5.0 is available on the Play Store:

- Possibility to add shortcuts to home screen.
    - Added geolocation support.
    - Improved scroll performance.
    - Modified icon of new tab badge.
    - Fixed shortcuts display of dashboard.
    - Fixed a bug when saving image.
    - Fixed a bug when opening a link from another app.
    - Fixed pinch in/out bug.
    - Fixed a bug of loading images for some websites.

Adding shortcuts was not so easy, I hope it will be useful!

I noted every suggestions you made, even if I did not answer. Not sure everything is possible, but I will try.
    Uzi and jamesharmeling like this.
    05-27-17 04:03 AM
    Great! The shortcut on homescreen works fine
    Just the icon is a preview from the webside. Is it possible to choose the favicon from the webside? For examlpe facebook.com (the blue/white 'f' from facebook would be cooler than the screenshot)
    The keyboard browser is my new main browser
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-27-17 05:12 AM
    It works “add to homescreen ” 👍👍

Brilliant ... big thank you , one of the things I missed from BB10 ,

This just keeps getting better and better
    05-27-17 05:29 AM
419 ... 56789 ...