i will not read it and you can tell me what's the priv will offer more than any android phones offer and blackberry was expecting it to be special and thought it will get the company back to the race don't compare blackberry with others who is released more than 5 devices in the year and offering more improvement Sony is giving water resistant, Samsung offering you everything in the world you can buy android phone if you got 10 dollars with Samsung you can get with any price, Huawei now made fingerprint with special improvement in they software, really who will get interest now in blackberry phone with 700$ and nothing special, the physical keyboard is nothing slide phone who cares we got a damn so cool display out there

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2977 Via CB
    Easy

the priv offers a fully encrypted system with cryptographic keys in the hardware itself which means it meets the requirements many governments and corporations require a device to have to be allowed to access their networks.

It has the only physical keyboard worth anything on android powered device since forever.

It has the specs to compete with all but the most recently released android phones.

I could go on but I'd just be quoting press releases....

My point is the android smart phone market is very wide and varied, the priv does have its own niche
    modifier, Mecca EL and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-07-15 11:59 PM
    BlackBerry! Please make these items available on the GPS soon so we can buy it instead of taking it like this. I'm willing to pay! ... for now.
    11-08-15 01:19 AM
    BlackBerry! Please make these items available on the GPS soon so we can buy it instead of taking it like this. I'm willing to pay! ... for now.
    Yes I echo this response...
    11-08-15 01:28 AM
    After installing the apk and then click it, it says error in parsing the package? Please help

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ubizmo likes this.
    11-08-15 02:12 AM
    Lol so much for security. The clock is ticking before this device is rooted.
    Considering certain Androids on some US Carriers are simply not rootable, I'd love to know how it will be done with the Priv?

People love making these sort of statements about Android without full knowledge that when security is done correctly in it even the XDA Devs give up. Just ask the AT&T and Verizon Galaxy Note 4, Note 5, S6 Edge+ etc...owners.

These are just app apk's.
    ajgftw and dejanh like this.
    11-08-15 02:22 AM
    Exactly,

If a user wants to use the blackberry keyboard on their device, it is obviously never going to be as streamlined as the native experience they would get on the priv itself.

No different to running mac OS on a Windows computer.

The appeal of android (to me at least) is a user has options.

And so right now as an android user considering purchasing a priv, I can go to the hassle of installing installing their keyboard on my current android device and have a look, get a taste.

Is it 100% ethical, probably not technically, but no one is profiting from blackberry software other than blackberry in this case.
    Eh? How is talking a software keyboard from one virtually stock 5.1 device and using on another stock 5.1 device anything but stock? If it was taking it and making it work on ios...
    11-08-15 02:26 AM
    Huge difference between extracting apks and rooting
    EXACTLY!

Some people are so clueless on how all this works.

Rooting seems like it will be impossible or extremely difficult on the Priv. I know with ATT and Verizon Samsungs, rooting is not possible, Knox has proven extremely difficult for the guys at XDA. This goes back to the Galaxy Note 3.
    11-08-15 02:26 AM
    Thanks for sharing this!

Will try installing on S6 edge plus asap
    11-08-15 04:02 AM
    Patching these .APKs are not an indication of the Priv having security flaws. Their just apps that can be extracted and patched to work on other devices.

I remember back on the old BlackBerry OS how we use to modify things a lot. From OSes, themes, apps, etc. The BlackBerry community used to have a lot of tinkerers. I guess they all moved to Android?
    11-08-15 04:36 AM
    Don't move to hardware coz all high price devices has a good hardware you are talking about 700$ how you want it to be cheap hardware and you know that's not all Ppl will care about what you are talking about and in our time there's a lot of mobile company is rising and blackberry in the bottom now, here in Egypt Ppl laughing at me coz i still using BlackBerry, the others are more stronger than BlackBerry now so if we give them what we are made by that easy so why we have to work on it, blackberry virtual keyboard is the best fill touch screen keyboard why should we give it for free? Blackberry luncher and the special hub if they did offer it for a 5$ we will accept it as if they making money to come back but what I see now there's no come back after all of that did you see the reviews about the priv? The Ppl isn't happy that they bought it, the worst reviews i have ever seen at BlackBerry device in if start, i was keeping money to get it coz I'm still young man studying doesn't work and if I spent all my money in a device without feeling that it's deserve so it will be worst waste of money

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2977 Via CB
    11-08-15 05:03 AM
    i know nothing about tech...but does all this mean there is no point in buying the Priv as all its goodies can be installed on other Android devices?
    11-08-15 10:11 AM
    Of course there's a point in buying the Priv. You can use these ripped apks on other androids but you will have to reload them every time there's an update manually instead of GPS doing it on its own. It's menial but ya know....oh and that slide out keyboard duh

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-08-15 10:18 AM
    i know nothing about tech...but does all this mean there is no point in buying the Priv as all its goodies can be installed on other Android devices?
    Of course there's a point in buying the Priv. You can use these ripped apks on other androids but you will have to reload them every time there's an update manually instead of GPS doing it on its own. It's menial but ya know....oh and that slide out keyboard duh

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, a lot of people seem to be getting worked up about this and I think it's because they don't understand some of the concepts at play here.

SOME of the apps can be run on Any android device (provided it is running the same or newer android version). Some other apps require root access to install, and some others will require modifying to make them work.

This is the same for any android device and the apps the manufacturer makes for it.

Now all of this is only possible at this one particular moment in time and updates to the apps, updates to Android or even a sun flare could mean none of these apps work anymore.

That is the fragile nature of what we will loosely call a 'hack'.

None of this is a commentary on the security of the Priv or the broader availability of the apps that come with it.
    11-08-15 11:02 AM
    Clarification about my 2 queries pl.
    1. Does it support to revoke apps permission during apk installation?
    2. Is there any separate contact list or shared by Google contact synchronisation?
    11-08-15 11:14 AM
    Ah, the loose nature of Android...
    TotalTechvids likes this.
    11-08-15 12:31 PM
    Just sell it on Google play store will subscribe or buy it. Blackberry get my money and I get the apps and update, problem solve.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 12:37 PM
    OMG...I've never laughed so hard in my life.
    11-08-15 12:44 PM
    Ah, the loose nature of Android...
    Loose? Beneficial. BlackBerry did and does appreciate it.
    ajgftw likes this.
    11-08-15 01:56 PM
    Patching these .APKs are not an indication of the Priv having security flaws. Their just apps that can be extracted and patched to work on other devices.

I remember back on the old BlackBerry OS how we use to modify things a lot. From OSes, themes, apps, etc. The BlackBerry community used to have a lot of tinkerers. I guess they all moved to Android?
    Not just that. BB10 made it too hard for the average Joe and Jane to tinker, so they just accepted and became bitter. Now that we're able to tinker again, it's now become wrong and akin to pirating, etc. We were doing this before there was even an Android. All the non-contributing crybabies, that KNOW they lack the knowhow to have fun on a PHONE, step out of the way of those that like to pave the way. All the tree hugging is annoying. I had to read back through all the threads I've created, all the solutions I've posted, all the help I've provided to people that actually needed it, and remind myself that I'm a Tinkerer.

I feel like I'm trapped in a boot loop, and this is the Z10 days when we were OSBB and BerryLeaks, and we did what we did because it was F...U...N!!! Guess what? Cracking apps is FUN, rooting the Priv will be FUN, sharing the love is FUN.
    11-08-15 03:26 PM
    We were doing this before there was even an Android.
    Absolutely.

I learned how to customize with BlackBerry. Back in the day, it was really, really fun.
    11-08-15 03:41 PM
    How about charging for these apps but making them free only on a BlackBerry phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:44 PM
    How about charging for these apps but making them free only on a BlackBerry phone?

That's an option. Going the freemium route might work.
    11-08-15 03:50 PM
    i would just lile to ask a question.. i been been with blackberry for quite a while have a z30 now, in my circle of friends and w.e probably only 2 of us left, i read quite alot of the post in this thread, i dont understand alot of whtat yall are saying.. Rooting and etc.. but when ppl ask why i still have BB i usually reply along the lines of saying.. best security best keyboards and the hub (and they love the hub).. we sideload APPS cuz well thats bb downfall to alot of people..
    but am I the only that feels like a lil piece of their Identity has been stolen, due to the fact that now.. 2 of our best features not Apps but features, can now be found on all Android devices?
    11-08-15 04:08 PM
    What's the minimum android version to run these? You know for science.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:21 PM
    i think it works on lollipop only but not 100% sure on that`
    11-08-15 04:26 PM
208 12345 ...