Unfortunately I moved to Android 2 days ago, just couldn't sustain the burning BlackBerry platform.

I'm missing a couple of things (the splat, hub and led notifications).

Does anyone have any recommendations for:
    1) an app that does something similar to the hub, at least for my email accounts.

2) an led notification app that allows me to set colours for different contacts. I've found apps that colour the medium (ie green for Gmail, blue for whatsapp) but I want it as BlackBerry does it which is by contact (ie purple for my mum, for all her messages to me: sms, email, whatsapp)

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:27 AM
    LED app I use Light Manager, but there is Lite Flow as well. They both work great! All the colored LEDS you had before for everything!

As far as email in a hub, yes...all your accounts can appear in one hub. Some use K-9, I use the native app. There is Aqua mail among others. There is no hub alternative that shows twitter notifications, whatsapp wtc in the hub. Not on Android yet. So all email yes. EVerything else...no.

I find the drop down notifications on Android superior to what BB has in the hub anyway. You might get to like it more too!
    sam81 likes this.
    03-16-16 05:29 AM
    You can get the blackberry hub apk and most of the other blackberry androids apps from here there is a full description on how to set it up and what OS it needs to run

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1059855

Best of luck

I've installed along with bbringtones and textra for my sms and I'm liking how it works not bb10 but getting close, android is too fragmented to ever be as smooth as bb10 but android has 3 bigger, albeit more confusing ecosystem so it wins by pure size

From me to you
    03-16-16 09:55 AM
    I've tried light flow, bbringtones and LeD blinker and unfortunately none of them give me what I need: multiple lights per contact.

I've emailed several of the dev's and a couple of them say they will consider it.

I need to have custom colors with multi-colors b/c that's what I have had since 2008 and I don't want to give that up.

Fortunately my Priv is my work phone and only use it about 20% of the day. My Passport is 80% and I love that phone and it has so many features Android just doesn't have yet.

Yaata sms app allows led color per contact but again can only assign one color per.

Anyway, thanks Jaydee for recommending light Manager as that's one I haven't tried yet. I'll give it a whirl.
    03-27-16 07:44 PM
    I've tried light flow, bbringtones and LeD blinker and unfortunately none of them give me what I need: multiple lights per contact.

I've emailed several of the dev's and a couple of them say they will consider it.

I need to have custom colors with multi-colors b/c that's what I have had since 2008 and I don't want to give that up.

Fortunately my Priv is my work phone and only use it about 20% of the day. My Passport is 80% and I love that phone and it has so many features Android just doesn't have yet.

Yaata sms app allows led color per contact but again can only assign one color per.

Anyway, thanks Jaydee for recommending light Manager as that's one I haven't tried yet. I'll give it a whirl.
    I use LED Blinker Pro and Yaata as well and you are right, it doesn't compare to what I had on BB10, but it is all I have for now. I contacted the developer at one point but I don't think he quite understood what I meant by having the multiple colors for contacts as he probably never used BB10 or BBuzz. I tried Light Flow and Light Manager but couldn't seem to get them to work correctly with the Hub. I do miss having multiple colors for my contacts and I am hoping that will come in time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    moody likes this.
    03-27-16 08:45 PM
    I use LED Blinker Pro and Yaata as well and you are right, it doesn't compare to what I had on BB10, but it is all I have for now. I contacted the developer at one point but I don't think he quite understood what I meant by having the multiple colors for contacts as he probably never used BB10 or BBuzz. I tried Light Flow and Light Manager but couldn't seem to get them to work correctly with the Hub. I do miss having multiple colors for my contacts and I am hoping that will come in time.

I've talked in depth with the dev for light flow. He seemed very interested in implementing the same functions Hub++ has. His only problem is time as he does dev on the side.

I contacted LED blinker dev and lolol yeah I don't think he understood b/c I think his response was German? Lolol

I believe the dev for bbringtones is working on this too but not sure

Boy if I knew how to develop apps I'd so have already done this and apparently have the market cornered
    03-27-16 08:53 PM
    I've talked in depth with the dev for light flow. He seemed very interested in implementing the same functions Hub++ has. His only problem is time as he does dev on the side.

I contacted LED blinker dev and lolol yeah I don't think he understood b/c I think his response was German? Lolol

I believe the dev for bbringtones is working on this too but not sure

Boy if I knew how to develop apps I'd so have already done this and apparently have the market cornered
    Maybe we can collaborate on that because if I had this on my G4, it would be almost perfect.

moody likes this.
    03-29-16 11:03 AM
    Maybe we can collaborate on that because if I had this on my G4, it would be almost perfect.

Best we can do right now is encourage everyone interested in purchasing an app with these features, to contact the same developers.

$$ is always a motivator.
    03-29-16 08:36 PM
    do someone try this one from powertools devloper ?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.appringtones
    03-30-16 09:45 AM
    do someone try this one from powertools devloper ?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.appringtones
    Looks to me like you can't assign these to specific contacts. Unless that is in the paid version, which I did not buy.

03-30-16 10:25 PM
    Looks to me like you can't assign these to specific contacts. Unless that is in the paid version, which I did not buy.

I'd buy it if it worked w/ sms / ms and I could assign more than one color per contact
    03-30-16 10:48 PM
    I'd buy it if it worked w/ sms / ms and I could assign more than one color per contact
    Yes, me too!

moody likes this.
    03-31-16 01:49 PM