View Poll Results: BB10, Hub on Android, or Priv?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Switching to another Android device if Hub works on it

12 36.36%
  • Switching to another OS regardless of whether Hub is available

2 6.06%
  • Upgrading to the Priv

14 42.42%
  • Not upgrading or upgrading to another BB10 Device

5 15.15%
11-09-15 04:25 PM
95 123 ...
tools
    The Priv forum might not be the best place for this, but I couldn't find a better place to post it.

Is anyone else considering switching to an android device if the Hub .apk from the Priv can be ported to work on it? At this point, the main things keeping me on BlackBerry is the easy accessibility of all my messages (primarily Hub, but also Blend). While I may need to find an alternative for Blend (a bit of google searching suggests that there are options), if I can as easily access my messages from multiple sources on Android as I can on BB10, I don't see a particular reason to remain on BlackBerry.

Are any other BB10 users planning on trying to run the Hub .apk on an android device rather than upgrading to a new BB10 device?

Edit: Here is the link, give mainely_linux an upgoat for providing these.

Use this: https://mega.nz/#!AwhwgBhZ!mg5F3H0T8...3Ei9qwAsrl9KeU

They changed things around on the UI at mega.
    vkb and launcher patched and works great on my note 4 List of working Blackberry APKs | BlackBerry Priv (Venice) | XDA Forums
    they are working on the hub apk
    Confirmed working apk list:

Calendar (patched)
    Help (no patch needed)
    Keyboard (patched)
    Launcher (patched)
    Services (patched)

Working devices:
    LG Optimus L90
    Galaxy Note 4
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 11-07-15 at 12:02 PM.
    Sparksx likes this.
    10-21-15 10:41 AM
    Hey SCrid - very sad to see a long time BlackBerry Veteran like you also considering leaving BlackBerry - but I am doing the same thing. I actually have a Nexus 5X in order - too many concerns about BlackBerry long term commitment to hardware, their ability to keep up with Android updates and provide ongoing support, etc.

So I also hope that the Hub apk can be ported - and maybe it is part of one of the "modules" that make up the BlackBerry Experience Suite.

Via CB10 - Z10-10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-21-15 10:53 AM
    I hope the hub remains a BB exclusive. No reason to share it. Leave BB, kiss the hub goodbye.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    10-21-15 11:00 AM
    Yeah if you want android and BlackBerry Hub makes since to get the Priv

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 11:24 AM
    AFAIK hub will be available to ios and android via BlackBerry experience suite, how? We don't know yet BlackBerry has not giving the details

http://global.blackberry.com/en/ente...nce-suite.html
    10-21-15 11:30 AM
    At some point, officially or not (pirated), you will be able to have Hub in any Android.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-21-15 11:33 AM
    I will be leaving BlackBerry soon with or without the hub. I think BlackBerry has given up on devices unless I see light at the end of the tunnel I might consider staying.

Will be moving towards Android but definitely not the Priv. It doesn't look good & it's too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 11:39 AM
    Are any other BB10 users planning on trying to run the Hub .apk on an android device rather than upgrading to a new BB10 device?
    Interesting poll - this would be best for me as well. Building apps and games for Android, I need to focus on Samsung, Sony, Google etc devices as they really control the reviews of my apps and games on Google Play. I'd prefer to use BlackBerry phones for Android myself, but I have to support what the majority of users have.

If the Priv comes out and dominates the Google Play app market, I'd definitely think about grabbing one. But my preference would be to focus on what the majority of users have so I can predict their experiences a bit better on the platform.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    10-21-15 11:39 AM
    I will be leaving BlackBerry soon with or without the hub. I think BlackBerry has given up on devices unless I see light at the end of the tunnel I might consider staying.

Will be moving towards Android but definitely not the Priv. It doesn't look good & it's too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    If 599 USD (just mooted) is correct, it's a steal
    10-21-15 11:41 AM
    $599 is a good price for a brand new top of the line device, but I generally get my electronics a few months after release and often manufacturer refurbished.
    10-21-15 11:42 AM
    Nope USD 599 is almost 3 times monthly minimum wage here. This is the pay of a University Graduate for a month. Too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 12:14 PM
    I want to see the hub become a platform where any app with notifications can integrate with it.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    10-21-15 12:56 PM
    Loc 22 : I didn't mean to offend or sadden you but the price rumoured is very much at the lower end of what we were led to expect from thews knowledgeable HT media websites. It will boost domestic sales, even some global markets, even though it may still be well above your affordability threshold locally.

Many on this board feared the price would be far higher, harming the chance of a successful launch.
    10-21-15 01:04 PM
    Hub is one of the great features of BB10 in my opinion.
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry need to make money and Priv is their final shot at the handset market.
    However, Priv is way too expensive to even consider buying given the market is flooded with Android devices and BlackBerry also need to stop trying to push the keyboard thing.
    I can't imagine anyone who has used a touch device for any length of time going back to a slider or keypad , I definitely wouldn't so I'll keep my Z30 until it dies on me.
    Seems they are repeating the same mistakes which allowed ios and Android to grab the market

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    10-21-15 01:16 PM
    Nope USD 599 is almost 3 times monthly minimum wage here. This is the pay of a University Graduate for a month. Too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Where is here? ... certainly not US or Canada.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-21-15 01:16 PM
    I'm guessing SE asia
    10-21-15 01:49 PM
    Hope somebody can strip out the apk to give a broader selection of phones with a hybrid berry experience. Maybe BlackBerry will finally release the suites on multi platform as they have been touting for over 6 months now? Wouldn't mind an IP6 with the hub built in or a GS6 the same way. I just want choices and would pay a monthly access fee for that privilege...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:03 AM
    Hope somebody can strip out the apk to give a broader selection of phones with a hybrid berry experience. Maybe BlackBerry will finally release the suites on multi platform as they have been touting for over 6 months now? Wouldn't mind an IP6 with the hub built in or a GS6 the same way. I just want choices and would pay a monthly access fee for that privilege...

Posted via CB10
    That's what I am hoping as well, it's very unlikely that BlackBerry will be able to lock the Priv down enough to prevent people from obtaining the hub apk.
    Mike Praba likes this.
    10-22-15 09:09 AM
    That's what I am hoping as well, it's very unlikely that BlackBerry will be able to lock the Priv down enough to prevent people from obtaining the hub apk.
    Well, there is definitely interest in seeing this happen, so we will find out soon enough if this is possible or viable...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:17 AM
    I get a impression that Google is working on making hangouts a unified messaging platform

In time hub will be outdated as well if no gestures are used to get to it. And video makes it look like you have to press icon on homescreen to get to it, no different than opening an app to me
    10-22-15 09:26 AM
    Look this up on play store:
    Disa.im

It's also found in Snap if you have it loaded on your BB10.
    10-22-15 09:30 AM
    Look this up on play store:
    Disa.im

It's also found in Snap if you have it loaded on your BB10.
    Interesting, but needs email integration as well - I didn't see it supported. Seems like a beta service. Glad to see somebody out there is thinking of us and our needs...

To be honest that is the primary reason I am on the berry. The hub is so integral to my life that I just can't function without it.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:39 AM
    Where is here? ... certainly not US or Canada.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Here is Malaysia. We are flooded with Android devices

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:13 AM
    I'm in that position as well. I was excited about PRIV until I saw the outrageous numbers. I'm leaning towards a Moto X 2nd Generation with the Hub APK or Productivity Suite, whichever is available. Ultimately I wanted to see a successful campaign for the PRIV, however they've priced the device as if the company is still in its prime and brand equity is through the roof.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 10:16 AM
    I was excited about PRIV until I saw the outrageous numbers.
    You mean the price?
    10-23-15 01:31 PM
95 123 ...