View Poll Results: BB10, Hub on Android, or Priv?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Switching to another Android device if Hub works on it

12 36.36%
  • Switching to another OS regardless of whether Hub is available

2 6.06%
  • Upgrading to the Priv

14 42.42%
  • Not upgrading or upgrading to another BB10 Device

5 15.15%
    Maybe the hub itself isn't but it included with the whole bb exp suite is a different story
    What's in there that people would pay for????
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-26-15 02:12 AM
    Well nobody knows yet because the exp suite isn't out so I can't tell you exactly? I don't get why you're against paying for anything. I do pay for apps that I use daily on my moto x like $1 per year for whatsapp .
    10-26-15 02:14 AM
    Well nobody knows yet because the exp suite isn't out so I can't tell you exactly? I don't get why you're against paying for anything. I do pay for apps that I use daily on my moto x like $1 per year for whatsapp .
    Oh I paid for app all the time and a lot on subscriptions - it's a bit odd however you are arguing for people paying for an app suite nobody has seen! We've seen the hub (sorta) and there isn't enough in there for a subscription - maybe a $1 one-off payment.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-26-15 02:21 AM
    I could care less about the hub, I want that physical keyboard
    LiterallyLogan likes this.
    10-26-15 02:24 AM
    Oh I paid for app all the time and a lot on subscriptions - it's a bit odd however you are arguing for people paying for an app suite nobody has seen! We've seen the hub (sorta) and there isn't enough in there for a subscription - maybe a $1 one-off payment.
    I never said people should pay for it but it's not an absurd idea though. BB has never said whether it is free or not for the bb suite but I am guessing it is not free. Since there's 3 parts to the suite, some of it could be free but more enterprise related features may not be. They could make certain aspects of it free with charge for extra features but really there must be some reason for BB to make buying a BB device appealing if all the apps are available for all platforms for free?
    10-26-15 03:07 AM
    I'm in that position as well. I was excited about PRIV until I saw the outrageous numbers. I'm leaning towards a Moto X 2nd Generation with the Hub APK or Productivity Suite, whichever is available. Ultimately I wanted to see a successful campaign for the PRIV, however they've priced the device as if the company is still in its prime and brand equity is through the roof.

Posted via CB10
    Anyone considering a Moto X 2nd Generation right now is absolutely NOT the target market for the Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-26-15 04:58 AM
    Anyone considering a Moto X 2nd Generation right now is absolutely NOT the target market for the Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I don't see why not. I will use myself as an example. I would prefer a BlackBerry however there are things I need certain apps for (nothing new) and Snap doesn't provide that experience because I don't have GPS on my Z30 or Q10. I chose the 2nd Gen Moto X because of screen size (5.2), comparable specs and it's availability on Verizon. I chose to stay close to the size of my Z30. The Play or Style aren't CDMA devices, and there is no SD slot on the Play, also screen size is an issue so no choice there. It would be safe to say my phone of choice doesn't reflect my intentions or interest, but is more reflective of my circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:15 AM
    I don't disagree with that - look at the post I'm quoting, we are talking about a subscription model - I know a lot of people are getting worked up because they have never used an android device before - but hub isn't worth a sub.
    Yeah, I overlooked that, but I'm inclined to agree. I like the Hub a lot, and I'd pay a one-time price for it if it works well. The Nine email app is ten bucks these days and it seems to be doing okay. Aqua is five dollars US. The Hub would actually offer more than either of these, so I'd be willing to pay more, but not a subscription. For one thing, I'm more comfortable with a subscription if I'm getting an actual service -- like Pandora, or even BBM premium service. The Hub is an app, not a service, although it's true that supporting ActiveSync costs BlackBerry ongoing fees, somewhat similar to the way carriers had to pay fees to BlackBerry for BIS (there's some irony there). I just don't think I'd be willing to pay a monthly fee, unless it was really dirt cheap.
    10-26-15 08:30 AM
    That kind of thinking worked out GREAT with BBM didn't it?

I hope the hub remains a BB exclusive. No reason to share it. Leave BB, kiss the hub goodbye.
    anon4226395 and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-26-15 08:33 AM
    I don't see why not. I will use myself as an example. I would prefer a BlackBerry however there are things I need certain apps for (nothing new) and Snap doesn't provide that experience because I don't have GPS on my Z30 or Q10. I chose the 2nd Gen Moto X because of screen size (5.2), comparable specs and it's availability on Verizon. I chose to stay close to the size of my Z30. The Play or Style aren't CDMA devices, and there is no SD slot on the Play, also screen size is an issue so no choice there. It would be safe to say my phone of choice doesn't reflect my intentions or interest, but is more reflective of my circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    Because you bought an out of date device at a discount price.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:33 AM
    Because you bought an out of date device at a discount price.

Posted via CB10
    After seeing the simulator and comparisons to other devices I actually feel as if the price is justified and if it's a Verizon variant available I will get it. However if there's no Verizon variant I will go with the discounted and out of date Moto X 2nd Gen.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:47 AM
    There seems to be a couple Privs out, has anyone tried getting copies of the apks?
    10-31-15 11:12 PM
    There seems to be a couple Privs out, has anyone tried getting copies of the apks?
    Seems nobody wants to share the APKs from the Priv they have...getting frustrated, need the keyboard apk...
    11-03-15 04:57 AM
    Seems nobody wants to share the APKs from the Priv they have...getting frustrated, need the keyboard apk...
    Once it's officially out and more people have them I suppose its much more likely to happen.
    11-03-15 10:51 AM
    Not available for a long time folks and may only be available to those devices running on BES12. So keep wishing, hoping, dreaming.
    If you want an Android top of line phone get the Priv. Or go get cheap Android and have no BlackBerry Experience

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-03-15 11:01 AM
    Not available for a long time folks and may only be available to those devices running on BES12. So keep wishing, hoping, dreaming.
    If you want an Android top of line phone get the Priv. Or go get cheap Android and have no BlackBerry Experience

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-03-15 11:03 AM
    Will try and get my hands on a Device ID ASAP, unless someone at XDA beats me to it. That's all we need to download them!
    11-06-15 12:55 AM
    Will try and get my hands on a Device ID ASAP, unless someone at XDA beats me to it. That's all we need to download them!
    They're still figuring it out... unable to extract the apk file from the phone highly talking about the BlackBerry's security

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:57 AM
    All the best, do it fast pls.
    11-06-15 01:02 AM
    . ..
    Last edited by CatlinFD; 11-06-15 at 01:30 PM.
    11-06-15 01:07 AM
    Use this: https://mega.nz/#!AwhwgBhZ!mg5F3H0T8J6MIjCgOQKte1vkVe3wO3Ei9qwAsrl 9KeU

They changed things around on the UI at mega.
    11-06-15 01:30 PM
    Thread stickied, keep owners thread clean please.
    11-06-15 01:30 PM
    vkb and launcher patched and works great on my note 4 List of working Blackberry APKs | BlackBerry Priv (Venice) | XDA Forums
    they are working on the hub apk
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    11-07-15 11:33 AM
    vkb and launcher patched and works great on my note 4 List of working Blackberry APKs | BlackBerry Priv (Venice) | XDA Forums
    they are working on the hub apk
    I saw some discussion about this last night on XDA, good to see that someone posted the patched apks. Thanks Steffcip
    11-07-15 11:45 AM
    calendar just been patched as well and tested by me on note 4
    11-07-15 11:55 AM
95 1234