View Poll Results: BB10, Hub on Android, or Priv?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Switching to another Android device if Hub works on it

12 36.36%
  • Switching to another OS regardless of whether Hub is available

2 6.06%
  • Upgrading to the Priv

14 42.42%
  • Not upgrading or upgrading to another BB10 Device

5 15.15%
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 01:48 PM
    At some point, officially or not (pirated), you will be able to have Hub in any Android.
    I wonder how soon Hub will become available to Android OS devices other than PRIV as well as iPhone.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/03/...ry-experience/

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 06:30 PM
    I wonder how soon Hub will become available to Android OS devices other than PRIV as well as iPhone.

Introducing the Cross-Platform BlackBerry Experience Suite | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    It seems unlikely that BlackBerry will be able to prevent Hub from being run on other android devices, so my hope is November 16th.
    10-23-15 06:33 PM
    It seems unlikely that BlackBerry will be able to prevent Hub from being run on other android devices, so my hope is November 16th.
    Why not? The Priv supposedly has some sort of hardware PIN, like other BlackBerry phones. The Hub could be programmed to need that PIN to work. If it's true about the PIN it shouldn't be that hard to lock down the BBXP apps.
    10-23-15 06:44 PM
    If the HUB apk is available then I'm going to load it on my Passport then I will have DoubleHUB (patent pending). Two Hubs at once, I will be the coolest person in the world!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 07:10 PM
    Was going to make a thread about this but found this. Only thing stopping me from upgrading to the Priv is the fact that it's a slider keyboard. In the meantime, I'll be loading the Hub and BB Keyboard APKs
    10-25-15 01:16 AM
    Is it possible that it will be available to other android phones but on a subscription model opposed to buying blackberry hardware? That way there is an incentive to buy blackberry hardware; you don't have to pay for the bb apps if you own a bb device but you do if you have a non-bb android phone.
    10-25-15 01:18 AM
    Is it possible that it will be available to other android phones but on a subscription model opposed to buying blackberry hardware? That way there is an incentive to buy blackberry hardware; you don't have to pay for the bb apps if you own a bb device but you do if you have a non-bb android phone.
    That sounds like a good idea.

In that way, BlackBerry can set up a program to support developers & say if they subscribe to this users on BlackBerry 10 would be able to get your apps for free. In that way they will be guaranteed a minimum income for developing apps on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 02:54 AM
    Why not? The Priv supposedly has some sort of hardware PIN, like other BlackBerry phones. The Hub could be programmed to need that PIN to work. If it's true about the PIN it shouldn't be that hard to lock down the BBXP apps.
    If they wanted to do that then it would make it extremely difficult to sell the blackberry experience suite for all android devices. They could however do something like HTC did with sense, which requires root and files to be flashed in recovery in order to get it running on non HTC phones but Google would have to allow the experience suite sudo install privileges which too my knowledge no app has ever been granted as it would be a huge security risk. So it seems from this perspective there are only a few options

1) no experience suite for android devices other than those manufactured by BlackBerry

2) everything works in the apk and while available for purchase it would be pirated and work on all phones for free

3 the experience suite uses some kind of Ota activation callback to the blackberry NOC every few days and validates the Google play id on the current phone as a valid licensee of the BlackBerry experience suite, effectively killing the app if the Google play id cannot be validated.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    10-25-15 03:46 AM
    Reading this i feel sick. So people want the blackberry experience but in other devices?

Man thats like wanting rolls royce ride quality on a Honda civic.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 05:40 AM
    I will be leaving BlackBerry soon with or without the hub. I think BlackBerry has given up on devices unless I see light at the end of the tunnel I might consider staying.

Will be moving towards Android but definitely not the Priv. It doesn't look good & it's too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Just give it up already. BlackBerry will not follow your backwards idea of selling the Priv for $150.

Go buy a prepaid Huawei if that's how much you're paying, but don't come back complaining how slow the damn thing is and you're running out of memory constantly.
    10-25-15 06:35 AM
    I hope the hub remains a BB exclusive. No reason to share it. Leave BB, kiss the hub goodbye.
    Yup, that's apparently what MikeL said about BBM.

I guess his thinking was that BBM was such a big factor that nobody would leave BB devices for fear of losing it, and new folk would actually buy a BB device just to get BBM.

I guess MikeL was wrong.
    10-25-15 07:11 AM
    I'm not saying you're wrong, and you might turn out to be right, but locking out other platforms access to the Experience Apps would run counter to previous BB announcements about making it cross-platform... And would deprive BB of a much-needed revenue stream.
    10-25-15 07:18 AM
    If the HUB apk is available then I'm going to load it on my Passport then I will have DoubleHUB (patent pending). Two Hubs at once, I will be the coolest person in the world!!!

Posted via CB10
    It probably requires Google Play Services to work

Posted via CB10
    Comatose11 and brian4591 like this.
    10-25-15 07:34 AM
    Subscription based hub for the general public makes sense.

They have started using subscription based services already for BBM, and for enterprise customers... so it's not too hard to see happening.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:57 AM
    I am sitting on the fence to see how the Android Hub turns out to be. Also, hub is bound to end up on other Android devices.

I will take a call to move either to Priv or to Moto X Style based on the Hub. I don't mind paying BlackBerry for Hub if it's as good as what we have on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Z30Commission likes this.
    10-25-15 08:56 AM
    Just give it up already. BlackBerry will not follow your backwards idea of selling the Priv for $150.

Go buy a prepaid Huawei if that's how much you're paying, but don't come back complaining how slow the damn thing is and you're running out of memory constantly.
    To be fair, while the Priv absolutely should not be $150 I believe I saw a refurbished LG G3 for a bit over $150 on slickdeals the other day, and definitely saw a G2 for $100. You can get pretty decent phones for around that price if you look.
    10-25-15 09:26 AM
    Android is terrible without the hub. The virtual keyboards are also terrible. Fleksy is the only semi decent virtual keyboard I have found.
    I'm switching to the Priv. I need the hub and physical keyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 11:12 AM
    Yes that's a good idea but only if blackberry's are exempted from this subscription....

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 12:26 PM
    Nope USD 599 is almost 3 times monthly minimum wage here. This is the pay of a University Graduate for a month. Too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Better make more money then
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-25-15 12:37 PM
    If the simulation that leaked today was accurate - hub is just the name of a fairly generic email app on android - nobody will pay for that.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    10-25-15 12:49 PM
    If the simulation that leaked today was accurate - hub is just the name of a fairly generic email app on android - nobody will pay for that.
    I'm not so sure. There's a definite market for paid email apps on Android, if they are done well. AquaMail and Nine are two such apps, with plenty of downloads and good reviews. If the Hub also includes current calendar appointments, similar to BB10, that'll be an attractive feature. But I agree that the more integration of other app notifications the Hub can do, the better it'll be.
    10-25-15 01:55 PM
    To be fair, while the Priv absolutely should not be $150 I believe I saw a refurbished LG G3 for a bit over $150 on slickdeals the other day, and definitely saw a G2 for $100. You can get pretty decent phones for around that price if you look.
    I was referring to this guy's post about how it should be $150.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...inion-1041801/
    10-25-15 05:09 PM
    I'm not so sure. There's a definite market for paid email apps on Android, if they are done well. AquaMail and Nine are two such apps, with plenty of downloads and good reviews. If the Hub also includes current calendar appointments, similar to BB10, that'll be an attractive feature. But I agree that the more integration of other app notifications the Hub can do, the better it'll be.
    I don't disagree with that - look at the post I'm quoting, we are talking about a subscription model - I know a lot of people are getting worked up because they have never used an android device before - but hub isn't worth a sub.
    10-26-15 02:01 AM
    Maybe the hub itself isn't but it included with the whole bb exp suite is a different story
    10-26-15 02:10 AM
95 1234