My email provider doesn't let me blacklist their own messages (obviously), but I would like to stop getting notifications in Hub whenever my email provider messages me. Is there any way to filter messages, for example by email address or words appearing in the title, to the spam folder?
    12-29-17 09:32 AM
    My email provider doesn't let me blacklist their own messages (obviously), but I would like to stop getting notifications in Hub whenever my email provider messages me. Is there any way to filter messages, for example by email address or words appearing in the title, to the spam folder?
    I am not aware of that ability from the Hub. But why don't you just login on a computer and mark it as junk/spam?
    12-29-17 10:09 AM
    The Hub doesn't offer settings for spam, those are all controlled by your email provider, so set the filters there.
    12-29-17 10:14 AM
    I am not aware of that ability from the Hub. But why don't you just login on a computer and mark it as junk/spam?
    As I mentioned, I am not allowed to filter messages from my email provider. Only third-party spam can be marked as spam.

The Hub doesn't offer settings for spam, those are all controlled by your email provider, so set the filters there.
    Weird, I would assume it to be a very important feature of a business-oriented email client such as BlackBerry Hub. Is it possible to suggest such an improvement for future updates?
    12-29-17 10:21 AM
    As I mentioned, I am not allowed to filter messages from my email provider. Only third-party spam can be marked as spam.

Weird, I would assume it to be a very important feature of a business-oriented email client such as BlackBerry Hub. Is it possible to suggest such an improvement for future updates?
    Can you forward to an account like GMail then do filtering?
    12-29-17 10:23 AM

And since I never see spam, I assume others don't either due to their email providers being actually good lol. Even on BBOS, they never offered spam filtering across the board. It depended on the email you were using, so I never understand when people have the expectation of spam filtering offered by BlackBerry/Hub. They'd have to integrate with every email provider out there. Hub on Android is over two years old. I'm sure they've heard it as a possible improvement many times.
    12-29-17 10:29 AM
    Can you forward to an account like GMail then do filtering?
    Unfortunately, my email provider doesn't offer forwarding. Yes, I know that spam and no forwarding is something I shouldn't accept, but benefits are just too good for me to change the provider.
    12-29-17 10:30 AM
    Unfortunately, my email provider doesn't offer forwarding. Yes, I know that spam and no forwarding is something I shouldn't accept, but benefits are just too good for me to change the provider.
    Like what? Just curious.
    12-29-17 10:45 AM
    Like what? Just curious.
    I don't have to worry about the size of my emails and attachments, or amount of them, etc., as the limits are either huge or non-existent. The third-party spam protection is good, too. The interface is also really intuitive and sorting my emails is as easy as it can be. And it is all for free. I tried looking for alternatives many times, but I have never found any free provider suiting my needs better for 12 years now (and I'm not really keen on paying for it). Their own spam is a very small price to pay, as it's merely like ~5 messages per week, and it had never really bothered me until I started using Hub a few weeks ago.
    12-29-17 11:22 AM
    I don't have to worry about the size of my emails and attachments, or amount of them, etc., as the limits are either huge or non-existent. The third-party spam protection is good, too. The interface is also really intuitive and sorting my emails is as easy as it can be. And it is all for free. I tried looking for alternatives many times, but I have never found any free provider suiting my needs better for 12 years now (and I'm not really keen on paying for it). Their own spam is a very small price to pay, as it's merely like ~5 messages per week, and it had never really bothered me until I started using Hub a few weeks ago.
    What device are you using? Why does it particularly bug you in the Hub only?
    12-29-17 11:28 AM
    What device are you using? Why does it particularly bug you in the Hub only?
    BB KeyOne. It's the notifications that bother me, because I never know if it's an important message or spam. I would use another email client that lets me filter that spam, but I fell in love with Hub ever since I got the KeyOne and don't want to go back to any other email client anymore.
    12-29-17 11:34 AM
    BB KeyOne. It's the notifications that bother me, because I never know if it's an important message or spam. I would use another email client that lets me filter that spam, but I fell in love with Hub ever since I got the KeyOne and don't want to go back to any other email client anymore.
    You could turn notifications off, but then I realize you won't get them for any new email.

I will say I find swiping to delete very efficient.
    12-29-17 11:46 AM
    You could turn notifications off, but then I realize you won't get them for any new email.

I will say I find swiping to delete very efficient.
    Yes, swiping to delete is what I use.
    12-29-17 11:53 AM
    Well, since no one else asked, which email provider are you using?
    12-29-17 12:28 PM
    And if it's only your email provider that you can't filter as spam, and it's that annoying with notifications, how often is this email provider emailing you? Must be constant if it's an issue.
    12-29-17 12:33 PM
    Could also Mute the emails. You'll still get them, but no notification nor would they be visible. Just tap and hold on one of them, then choose Mute.
    12-29-17 01:00 PM
    Well, since no one else asked, which email provider are you using?
    It's a Polish provider - wp.pl

And if it's only your email provider that you can't filter as spam, and it's that annoying with notifications, how often is this email provider emailing you? Must be constant if it's an issue.
    As I mentioned above, the quantity is around ~5 mails per week. It usually gets worse in time of holidays, though, reaching 2 mails per day sometimes.

Could also Mute the emails. You'll still get them, but no notification nor would they be visible. Just tap and hold on one of them, then choose Mute.
    I'll try that, thanks!
    12-29-17 01:21 PM