I have two personal hotmail accounts that I've had set up for years on my samsung galaxy s8 (android 9). A few days ago I started getting notifications about my passwords needing to be updated, even though I haven't changed anything. I'm not aware of my phone installing any updates. I deleted one account and tried to add it back and it won't let me no matter what i try. I read a post that deleting and restarting the phone would resolve the issue but it didn't. I am still getting sporadic notifications about my other account but if I ignore it the emails eventually are received.

I have tried setting up the one I deleted as pop, imap and stmp and none work. I tried the same settings as my account accout. I've tried both manual and auto setups. Is there any way to get it back?? I have several email accounts and apps linked to hub and all the rest are working. I read a post about uninstalling hub/reinstalling but I would like to avoid that if possible. I LOVE using Hub so I am really hoping I can fix this!

"Your account ([email protected]) can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again"

TIA
    DaNewCrack likes this.
    01-26-24 02:39 PM
    The exact same problem occured for me. ALL of my Microsoft accounts will not pass authentication in Hub no matter what email protocol I use over the last few days.

But they can be accessed via web with the same password. Exactly the same scenario. MS Multi-factor authentication doesn't fix it, neither does Link to Windows. Not sure what Microsoft did but it's messing up the flow of things.
    02-01-24 04:20 PM
    Same issue here. Gmail accounts add just fine.
    03-21-24 07:20 AM
    Same issue here. Gmail accounts add just fine.
    For now... In September Google is ending support for "less secure apps" or clients with Google Workspace Accounts (paid accounts). How long till that filters down to the free consumer Gmail accounts?

Either BlackBerry starts to actually update their app to current standards (why should they at this point?) or they pull it from the market. And while folks do have copies of the APK... it won't do much good if you can't find an email service that will support "less secure apps". Maybe Yahoo?
    03-21-24 02:57 PM
    For now... In September Google is ending support for "less secure apps" or clients with Google Workspace Accounts (paid accounts). How long till that filters down to the free consumer Gmail accounts?

Either BlackBerry starts to actually update their app to current standards (why should they at this point?) or they pull it from the market. And while folks do have copies of the APK... it won't do much good if you can't find an email service that will support "less secure apps". Maybe Yahoo?
    Yahoo!? Lmao. I have Rogers in Canada for email and they piggyback on Yahoo. Their “app password” has been broken for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-21-24 03:49 PM
    Yahoo!? Lmao. I have Rogers in Canada for email and they piggyback on Yahoo. Their “app password” has been broken for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it was a joke... as Yahoo has long been problematic - and not just for BlackBerry users.
    DOCTOREVIL8 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-22-24 06:54 AM