So I have Google Home setup with many devices and have downloaded the relevant apps like WeMo, eWeLink, WiFi connect, etc. on my KeyOne so should I be concerned that the Apps (mainly Chinese) have access to my WiFi password and can now unlock my garage, etc?

Maybe this is the wrong forum so apologies in advance
    05-15-18 09:32 PM
    Should always be concerned about privacy and security...

You want to choose products that get regular updates and are from a major supplier. And keep current on any security concerns.
    05-16-18 07:20 AM
    Should always be concerned about privacy and security...

You want to choose products that get regular updates and are from a major supplier. And keep current on any security concerns.
    Thanks for the feedback
    05-16-18 09:33 PM
    So I have Google Home setup with many devices and have downloaded the relevant apps like WeMo, eWeLink, WiFi connect, etc. on my KeyOne so should I be concerned that the Apps (mainly Chinese) have access to my WiFi password and can now unlock my garage, etc?

Maybe this is the wrong forum so apologies in advance
    I never use the devices cloud services. Only local. Quite honestly, I don't need to turn lights on and off when I am not at home. Besides, I have other more secure methods for accessing my home network and can then access the appropriate service. I also use an app on the Playstore called AutomationManager for managing all my devices. This way, I only have 1 app vs all the different provider apps. AM is pricey but the developer is very responsive and does offer a refund if you are not happy with his product.

Last edited by killarneygetaway; 05-23-18 at 08:04 AM. Reason: added link
    05-23-18 08:03 AM
    I never use the devices cloud services. Only local. Quite honestly, I don't need to turn lights on and off when I am not at home. Besides, I have other more secure methods for accessing my home network and can then access the appropriate service. I also use an app on the Playstore called AutomationManager for managing all my devices. This way, I only have 1 app vs all the different provider apps. AM is pricey but the developer is very responsive and does offer a refund if you are not happy with his product.
    Thanks I'll check this AM out. I have some WeMo devices but have been using a lot more Sonoff devices as they are roughly only $6 each vs, $30 for WeMo
    05-24-18 10:52 AM