yup, i want to cut my hand off~~~

got my Priv (STV100-3) from Hong Kong and it worked with China Mobile TD LTE 4G

Curiousity killed the cat, I got into the "testing mode" with *#*#4636#*#* and touched "USA Band" from "set GSM/UMTS band", now the SIM in my Priv will not register to the China Mobile no more.

I google for the solution,this happened to Android users and it's easy to get fixed on other Android models like Sony,Nexus,Huawei etc.

So, what to do with my Priv, waiting for the autoloader for STV100-3?, I've tried factory reset, it doesn't work for this situation.

Thanks a lot

HELP!!!accidentally clicked "USA Band" after *#*#4636#*#* on my STV100-3 Priv, SIM can't register-1123_1.jpg
    11-23-15 04:18 AM
    can you go into test mode again and change it back
    11-23-15 08:27 AM
    Just so you know there won't be any likelihood of an autoloader as it needs to be rooted first and with dtek may not happen. Can you bring it in to a wireles store to reset that for you? May be the best bet or call BlackBerry tech support, they know the ins and out and i'm sure they can walk you through.

**Oh and what the h{ell were you thinking!?!?

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-23-15 05:16 PM
    unfortunately, it's a one way ticket
    11-24-15 05:09 AM
    Have you tried changing the settings, minus the sim card? I cannot alter settings with one installed.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:32 PM
    Try changing preferred network type to one of the TDLTE available bands and after every time re boot your device
    11-24-15 11:34 PM
    yup, i want to cut my hand off~~~

got my Priv (STV100-3) from Hong Kong and it worked with China Mobile TD LTE 4G

Curiousity killed the cat, I got into the "testing mode" with *#*#4636#*#* and touched "USA Band" from "set GSM/UMTS band", now the SIM in my Priv will not register to the China Mobile no more.

I google for the solution,this happened to Android users and it's easy to get fixed on other Android models like Sony,Nexus,Huawei etc.

So, what to do with my Priv, waiting for the autoloader for STV100-3?, I've tried factory reset, it doesn't work for this situation.

Thanks a lot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1123_1.jpg 
Views:	1266 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	381735
    So what you did was take the modem off an automatic mode in which it selects the best frequency at the time to a limited set of US bands. Unfortunately there is no way to set it back to the automatic mode with any menu. I've only ever seen the fix being accomplished through restoring the factory modem through adb. Factory reset doesn't touch the modem partition. At this time only a technician can restore this and I don't even know how to be honest. Its possible that the next update may include aa modem update of which can be ripped then restored to your phone through download mode. Or it will just nuke your phone. I'm sorry I don't have any good news, I found this out when I was playing around with another phone. Pretty stupid "feature" tbh
    11-25-15 08:38 PM
    So what you did was take the modem off an automatic mode in which it selects the best frequency at the time to a limited set of US bands. Unfortunately there is no way to set it back to the automatic mode with any menu. I've only ever seen the fix being accomplished through restoring the factory modem through adb. Factory reset doesn't touch the modem partition. At this time only a technician can restore this and I don't even know how to be honest. Its possible that the next update may include aa modem update of which can be ripped then restored to your phone through download mode. Or it will just nuke your phone. I'm sorry I don't have any good news, I found this out when I was playing around with another phone. Pretty stupid "feature" tbh
    It is a security feature available only with BlackBerry Android. To the sceptics you have proved this smartphone can be made inaccessible to law enforcement agencies and other government departments. Keep this in mind when crossing international frontiers when you are told to hand over your BlackBerry Priv.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Derek Stacey likes this.
    11-28-15 09:39 PM
    Have you tried calling BlackBerry?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-19-15 02:04 AM
    Check out this link and scroll down to Shaolin140's post.

Accidentally set radio to USA band | Android Forums
    12-22-15 10:38 PM
    Hopefully the now released Autoloader-Images will help with the "USA Band *#*#4636#*#* Problem" bricking the Priv:

How to reload the BlackBerry powered by Android OS on the smartphone

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    03-11-16 05:29 AM
    Already tried on my STV100-4 without luck. I tried everything and the M beta update didn't help.
    04-23-16 10:12 AM
    It is a security feature available only with BlackBerry Android. To the sceptics you have proved this smartphone can be made inaccessible to law enforcement agencies and other government departments. Keep this in mind when crossing international frontiers when you are told to hand over your BlackBerry Priv.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    So this prevents foreign law enforcement for accessing your phone, how?

How is this a security feature? I'm not criticizing, just really curious, as I believe you, but I'm having trouble working out the scenario.
    04-24-16 09:12 AM
    04-27-16 11:22 AM