So, today I thought I'd try to be productive and build out a new sales model for a client during my commute using my KEYone and Google Sheets. After all, the ability to use Android apps is the whole point of Android.

What a disaster! I wasn't able to bring up the VKB in Google Sheets (The SYM button did nothing) and the PKB defaulted to the ALT characters for all keys. I couldn't access an equal sign or any of the alpha characters to write forumlas!!

Is this true?! Am I missing something, or is the Google Sheets app simply unusable on the KEY phones??

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-01-19 06:05 PM
    Just tried and worked perfectly on Key2LE.
    11-01-19 09:57 PM
    So, today I thought I'd try to be productive and build out a new sales model for a client during my commute using my KEYone and Google Sheets. After all, the ability to use Android apps is the whole point of Android.

What a disaster! I wasn't able to bring up the VKB in Google Sheets (The SYM button did nothing) and the PKB defaulted to the ALT characters for all keys. I couldn't access an equal sign or any of the alpha characters to write forumlas!!

Is this true?! Am I missing something, or is the Google Sheets app simply unusable on the KEY phones??

It’s either just you, or , maybe you’re holding it wrong... ;-D
    11-01-19 11:20 PM
    Just tried and worked perfectly on Key2LE.
    OK. I'll reboot and try again tomorrow. Are you able to bring up the VKB while using Sheets?

11-01-19 11:29 PM
    It’s either just you, or , maybe you’re holding it wrong... ;-D
    User error is the easiest thing to fix, Soni hope I'm just holding it wrong!

11-01-19 11:30 PM
    Yes on the virtual keyboard (from the sym key) but you have to either start typing first or click in the Fx - Enter text or formula first.
    11-01-19 11:47 PM
    Just confirming that it's working properly now. Must have been a glitch with the PKB that didn't work inside Google Sheets immediately after I installed Sheets. After a reboot, it works perfectly.

11-03-19 04:50 PM