I really like having my photos go to one drive. Easy to share a pic with family. I take a pic of tires, and by the time I get to my desk to post them on Kijiji the photo is in my OneDrive, and I post it.

What I don't like about OneDrive is the mess. My camera roll folder gets filled with pictures of receipts, tires, etc. Then when I go to show someone family pics those miscellaneous phots are mixed in. I go through and clean out my Camera Roll folder in OneDrive, but I still have to remove them from the phone, which is much more tedious.

Does google photos improve on any of this experience? It says that if I enable syncing deleting in one place will delete them in another. But does that mean if I delete a photo on computer, it will purge pictures off of my SD card where the camera puts them? Or that the picture will just not show up on the google photos app on the phone? If the latter is the case, I don't see any real advantage of Google Photos over OneDrive.

Thoughts?
    12-09-15 01:17 PM
    I really like having my photos go to one drive. Easy to share a pic with family. I take a pic of tires, and by the time I get to my desk to post them on Kijiji the photo is in my OneDrive, and I post it.

What I don't like about OneDrive is the mess. My camera roll folder gets filled with pictures of receipts, tires, etc. Then when I go to show someone family pics those miscellaneous phots are mixed in. I go through and clean out my Camera Roll folder in OneDrive, but I still have to remove them from the phone, which is much more tedious.

Does google photos improve on any of this experience? It says that if I enable syncing deleting in one place will delete them in another. But does that mean if I delete a photo on computer, it will purge pictures off of my SD card where the camera puts them? Or that the picture will just not show up on the google photos app on the phone? If the latter is the case, I don't see any real advantage of Google Photos over OneDrive.

Thoughts?
    I just tested that for you and yes it does that, but if you delete the photos off of the device, you have to delete them using "Photos" app.

I deleted a picture from my Phone using Photos and after couple of seconds it deleted it from my Google drive.
    I deleted a picture from my google drive off of my computer and after couple of seconds it deleted it from my device.

Just a note that I am not using a BB Priv, I am using a OnePlus One with Cyanogenmod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1). The software functions for the main google items should remain the same.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    12-09-15 03:58 PM