It is just such a battery drainer on my phone. It uses 25-50% of my battery even though I don't use it much and even click force close. I only use it for a few minutes at a time to look up directions and that's it. Is there an alternative to this app?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-05-16 04:22 PM
    Any mapping app that uses GPS will cause your battery to drain faster than normal due to all the work being done by your processor continuously computing your location.
    09-05-16 10:17 PM
    It is just such a battery drainer on my phone. It uses 25-50% of my battery even though I don't use it much and even click force close. I only use it for a few minutes at a time to look up directions and that's it. Is there an alternative to this app?

DUH!? Or DOH!? Now back to my corner I go

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 10:57 PM
    Camera also consumes lot of battery and makes device very hot even using for just 4-5 min. blackberry has to do optimization of apps very seriously.
    09-06-16 06:32 AM
    Camera also consumes lot of battery and makes device very hot even using for just 4-5 min. blackberry has to do optimization of apps very seriously.
    It's been out what a month.... there are camera apps like Camera++. Heard it's pretty good

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 09:46 PM

You might want to look at Nav apps that store the maps on your phone and don't use data (and battery). Navmii is one that comes to mind.

09-11-16 08:03 AM
    in addition to turning off gps, i pre-download the map so when i need to use it for directions i don't need to use wifi/data.
    09-11-16 08:22 AM
    Yup, you can now download Maps from WiFi in your home or office or where ever really and then go offline with Google Maps. Or like someone else said use Navmii. I used the bb10 ver when I was using my z30 overseas and it worked great. No data needed. I just downloaded the country map before I left Canada.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    09-13-16 09:55 AM
    Yup, you can now download Maps from WiFi in your home or office or where ever really and then go offline with Google Maps. Or like someone else said use Navmii. I used the bb10 ver when I was using my z30 overseas and it worked great. No data needed. I just downloaded the country map before I left Canada.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    Can you store the the maps on SD card?

09-17-16 04:50 PM
    Can you store the the maps on SD card?

With regards to Google maps, I have no idea. I haven't tried myself. But if my memory serves me correct then yes, I believe you can save the Nav maps to your Blackberry SD card.
    09-18-16 09:15 AM
    Root it and shut it down for good
    Oh wait...can you rood a BlackBerry phone on Android? Gee that sucks!
    Get a BB10 phone lol
    Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 04:55 AM
    Is trying to be true

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 01:24 PM
    Root it and shut it down for good
    Oh wait...can you rood a BlackBerry phone on Android? Gee that sucks!
    Get a BB10 phone lol
    Posted via CB10
    No rooting needed. For system apps that you don't need, just disable them.
    10-11-16 03:16 PM
    Google maps is not a BlackBerry app and is provided bluetooth Google. As part of the OS being pre-installed. Even if you shut it down or disable, when you reboot your phone or it randomly reboots it will likely be re-enabled. I had a Samsung phone and I had to Root it in order to finally stop apps installed by Sammy from starting up and using Resources.
    This is why I won't go android unless Android N offers more control on an Android/Blackberry or Nexus or should I say Pixel.
    Yeah android is still not mature enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 08:09 PM
    Google maps is not a BlackBerry app and is provided bluetooth Google. As part of the OS being pre-installed. Even if you shut it down or disable, when you reboot your phone or it randomly reboots it will likely be re-enabled. I had a Samsung phone and I had to Root it in order to finally stop apps installed by Sammy from starting up and using Resources.
    This is why I won't go android unless Android N offers more control on an Android/Blackberry or Nexus or should I say Pixel.
    Yeah android is still not mature enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    My condolences with respect to your having to root your Sammy to stop system apps from running in the background. For the DTEK 50, rebooting does not re-enable apps that were previously disabled.
    10-12-16 07:36 PM
    I don't have apps that I've disabled restarting when the phone does on my priv on lollipop either. When she's off she's off of its disabled
    10-13-16 06:24 AM
    My condolences with respect to your having to root your Sammy to stop system apps from running in the background. For the DTEK 50, rebooting does not re-enable apps that were previously disabled.
    Well that is really good to know. Would you mind downloading Taskmanager to verify any delinquent apps running without your knowledge. Let me know if you find any different results.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 12:07 PM
    It's due to GPS, not Google map. The same battery draining occurs when i play pokemon go
    10-13-16 10:35 PM