I'm not receiving Fb notifications on my KEYone. I can see them in the app but they're never pushed to the phone. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared data/cache, disabled linked apps via the website but still nothing. Twitter, for example, works just fine.

I notice that nothing appears under Facebook in the accounts section - where Twitter has a "last synced" entry. I don't know if sync for Facebook would be for contacts only?? I have that feature turned off.

Anyone else having this issue or know of a way to get push notifications working? I mean, anything short of uninstalling Fb for good? 😛

Thank you
    10-24-17 08:25 PM
    Facebook lite does the same thing for me.
    10-24-17 09:32 PM
    Same here since about a week ago on my PRIV. I suspect it's an issue on Facebook's side, as they've updated the app quite frequently lately.

If it doesn't get sorted out, Facebook Lite might be a good alternative.
    11-16-17 04:41 PM
    It's definitely a Facebook app issue. I've just bought a KEYone and the issue remained. I've tried multiple times uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

It's quite crappy, just check the reviews. Likewise, I use Messenger Lite instead of the full one, and Facebook always displays a pending message even when I've already read all, including message requests...

I'm seeing less and less reasons to keep the "official" app on my phone, while the "streaming live" is probably the only one now...

BTW, Facebook Lite also stopped pushing notifications when I tried it and I end it up uninstalling it as you can't copy (although the option is there), edit or erase a comment... Heck, I can do that on my Passport with the BB10 unsupported native app...

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYone (7.1.1)
    11-26-17 01:26 PM
    I had to do a factory reset after the latest security update on ATT due to my Twitter account being corrupted in the process, and noticed that I started receiving some Fb notifications - comments, friend requests, and live videos (even though I have live video notifications turned off :/ ). But yeah, this is a pretty common issue on Android.
    11-26-17 04:28 PM
    I had to do a factory reset after the latest security update on ATT due to my Twitter account being corrupted in the process, and noticed that I started receiving some Fb notifications - comments, friend requests, and live videos (even though I have live video notifications turned off :/ ). But yeah, this is a pretty common issue on Android.
    Agreed. Alongside the Facebook issue, I've been also having problems with Uber on the notification tray: I get the confirmation notification but when I tap on it the app doesn't open and actually never get the one for "On trip"...

From what I gather, I've carried along bugs or corrupted files from my PRIV, by using the "backup and restore option".

I will factory reset my KEYone, start from scratch in the following days and report back.
    11-29-17 07:29 AM
    The factory reset did not solve the issue for Facebook, no push notifications; and it still shows an annoying pending message when paired with Messenger Lite, even when all have been read...

So, I've dumped the official app and will give Swipe a try again, as it integrates with Messenger Lite and seems to push notifications fine. Likewise, it has an active widget!

Regarding the Uber issue, I've not yet tried it, but will keep you all posted.

Hopefully, it was only the Facebook deal, as I don't plan on factory resetting again or using an autoloader anytime soon...
    11-30-17 02:17 PM
    Bumping this thread, I'm amazed no-one else has this issue with Facebook push notifications.

Factory reset did nothing, what about using an autoloader?
    12-02-17 10:42 PM
    You know, I got to thinking... there is another suggestion out there for BlackBerry users that may help with receiving notifications. I did perform this method but since I didn't see immediate results I chalked it up as "didn't work". Maybe it does help after all. I'm assuming you've used BlackBerry in the past? If so, do you still have any of those devices at hand? There's this post that suggests logging into Facebook via your older BlackBerry and letting your timeline load then logging out will get things working on Android. There's a post from about a year ago on Android Central (I'm not sure if I can post the link here or not) that goes into more detail - "Facebook Push Notifications - SOLVED". I did use my Q10 and the BB Facebook app to log in and log out. I'm not sure if this was what got mine working or if it is just coincidence.
    12-12-17 08:48 AM
    You know, I got to thinking... there is another suggestion out there for BlackBerry users that may help with receiving notifications. I did perform this method but since I didn't see immediate results I chalked it up as "didn't work". Maybe it does help after all. I'm assuming you've used BlackBerry in the past? If so, do you still have any of those devices at hand? There's this post that suggests logging into Facebook via your older BlackBerry and letting your timeline load then logging out will get things working on Android. There's a post from about a year ago on Android Central (I'm not sure if I can post the link here or not) that goes into more detail - "Facebook Push Notifications - SOLVED". I did use my Q10 and the BB Facebook app to log in and log out. I'm not sure if this was what got mine working or if it is just coincidence.
    Hey mate, the funny thing is that I have my Passport as backup device with the native app installed and it does get push notifications (albeit all the "this page could not load"), lol! It's curious, cause a couple of weeks ago I logged out of it and logged back in, because I did a bunch of changes on contacts and was looking to reload them on my Passport. I might give it a shot again though, thanks for mentioning it.

I've also found several threads that it has to do with battery management settings, I've toggled some stuff but still don't get push notifications. What's funny is that Facebook Lite also stopped getting them, but not Swipe. So yeah, something is not talking well between the official Facebook apps, my account and KEYᵒⁿᵉ (and my previous PRIV). Messenger works fine. I've kind of given up and just check for notifications manually for the time being.

If you come up with any other idea though, I'd be willing to try. Cheers!

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYone "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    12-14-17 07:32 AM
    @celticmagick: Hi mate, could you help me check something on your device please?

I've noticed that Facebook, within the "Accounts" settings does not have a "Sync" option. Unlike other apps, which do, for instance LinkedIn or Dropbox. This might be the issue I'm having. Does your KEYᵒⁿᵉ display the same?

I'm attaching pictures to compare how it looks. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook push notifications-7984.jpg  
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 12-18-17 at 10:36 PM.
    12-18-17 10:04 PM
    And Facebook with no "Sync" option, only a "Delete account" one.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook push notifications-7982.jpg  
    12-18-17 10:06 PM
    Yeah, mine's the same. I'm thinking that may have to do with contacts?
    12-19-17 12:02 AM
    Yeah, mine's the same. I'm thinking that may have to do with contacts?
    You're right, I googled it and it's the contacts sync option.

I will use an autoloader and start from scratch. Hopefully it fixes the issue, otherwise I will just have to manually check Facebook for notifications or use my Passport for that, lol!

It's kind of sad as everything else on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ pretty much run flawlessly and I'm very happy with it. But as mentioned, this issue also began happening on my PRIV, so it's not a problem of my devices. Either an issue on Facebook's end with my account or simply something broken in the software, hopefully the autoloader can fix it.

Thanks again mate, I'll report back.
    12-19-17 12:02 PM
    OK, so I had some free time these days and finally got around to resetting my KEYone with the "Mobile Upgrade" program from TCL, which supposedly installs the latest official OS version.

I started from scratch everything, only pulling contacts and calendar entries from my Gmail account (cloud based) and notes through Evernote, restoring nothing and skipping the "Transfer content" app.

Under my theory, this should have reset any misconfiguration or bug which was affecting Facebook notifications, but no.

I've followed all the advices from this thread and also from those I've found online, among them, resetting application's access within Facebook using a desktop computer; logging in and out from my BlackBerry Passport, etc., but nothing has worked. I still don't get push notifications from the Android Facebook app on my KEYone.

I did find tons of forum posts and articles on this precise issue, mainly related to Android, but also iOS... What's even funnier is that the obsolete and unsupported BB10 Facebook app (built by BlackBerry) which I use on my Passport, does get notifications...

I'm short of ideas and frankly frustrated. All I can say is that Facebook has made a truly crappy app. Even with all of its shortcomings, the BB10 app is way better when it comes to notifications.

I'm pretty much at a loss here, either I keep having to check the app manually to see "notifications" or use an alternative non official app (Facebook Lite doesn't push notifications either).

And no, I've come to the conclusion that it's not a device related issue, it's definitely a Facebook issue... Screw them.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYone "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    12-27-17 10:33 PM
    I see Facebook push notifications is a prob on most BB Android devices. Guess what, same exact problem on my new Blackberry Motion. So FB has to be the issue. Messenger syncs with the Hub no prob and I get notifications. FB is a hit or miss, more miss if I ever get something pushed. I tried most everything to see if I could get this to work. I've given up. I'll check FB the old way. Not going to waste anymore time. Hope FB fixes this problem. FB for Android sucks anyway. Not great on my Samsung Tab either. I use the browser.
    01-07-18 09:10 PM
    I see Facebook push notifications is a prob on most BB Android devices. Guess what, same exact problem on my new Blackberry Motion. So FB has to be the issue. Messenger syncs with the Hub no prob and I get notifications. FB is a hit or miss, more miss if I ever get something pushed. I tried most everything to see if I could get this to work. I've given up. I'll check FB the old way. Not going to waste anymore time. Hope FB fixes this problem. FB for Android sucks anyway. Not great on my Samsung Tab either. I use the browser.
    Indeed, I'm pretty much in the same stance... This morning, after all this time, I finally got a notification regarding today's contact's birthdays... At least it's something, hopefully the rest will come through from now on...

About a week and a half ago, Facebook asked me to fill out a survey. There I mentioned the lack of push notifications, not sure if it had something to do...
    cdnrower likes this.
    01-15-18 11:55 AM
    Indeed, I'm pretty much in the same stance... This morning, after all this time, I finally got a notification regarding today's contact's birthdays... At least it's something, hopefully the rest will come through from now on...

About a week and a half ago, Facebook asked me to fill out a survey. There I mentioned the lack of push notifications, not sure if it had something to do...
    Yes I eventually started to get notifications after I killed all sessions before starting up the new one on my device. That I think was the key to get it back working.
    01-15-18 06:41 PM
    Yes I eventually started to get notifications after I killed all sessions before starting up the new one on my device. That I think was the key to get it back working.
    I'm now getting some notifications... It's odd, I did the "kill all sessions" a few days before New Year, tried every tip I found on the Web and those suggested here, nothing worked...

Suddenly, out of the blue I began getting them and as mentioned, coincidently a couple of weeks after answering the Facebook survey. I can only conclude that it's an issue on their side...
    01-18-18 01:47 PM
    Once I had this issue.
    Then I checked for new updates of my device and once it was done, I also updated FB app and later on I started to get notifications.
    01-19-18 07:04 AM
    Once I had this issue.
    Then I checked for new updates of my device and once it was done, I also updated FB app and later on I started to get notifications.
    I keep my device and all apps up to date. It wasn't that, but definitely some algorithm issue with my Facebook account. This began while still on the PRIV and carried over to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    01-23-18 03:57 PM