Hey, I'm growing tired of the free version of evernote's limitation of two devices. I'm so thinking of either going with onenote or simplenote. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 04:41 PM
    Keep is simple enough for me.
    04-10-17 05:11 PM
    I'm downgrading to the free version this summer. I don't think I'm getting enough value for what they charge now. We'll see how I adapt...

I plan to use the Web version on my PC as that does not actually count as an additional device apparently.
    04-10-17 05:17 PM
    They are charging too much for such a simple service. I compare most prices to netflix pricing scheme

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 06:03 PM
    They are charging too much for such a simple service. I compare most prices to netflix pricing scheme

Posted via CB10
    Netflix is probably one of the most popular subscription services. I would say that the value they provide compared to the cost is quite worth the price. When you compare them to similar products, they are quite amazingly affordable for the scale of what they offer.

Evernote on the other hand, is somewhat outrageously priced compared to similar products. When I was using it for work and uploading lots of images and many devices, I was able to justify the cost. For personal use, it is overpriced to say the least. We'll see if the free version offers everything I need.

I still think that it's a great product, I just don't think it's worth an ongoing subscription fee. I'd gladly pay a one-time fee for access to more premium features but they don't provide anything really on a regular basis in terms of updates or value-adds so I don't want to keep giving them my money. Even if there were a lower tier plan of only a couple bucks a month I might have held onto my subscription but not for the price plans they offer.

Subscription pricing is a relatively new trend in the software world and there are going to be some winners and some losers. I think Evernote missed the mark with theirs.
    Evernote alternatives-img_20170410_202611.png
    04-10-17 06:28 PM
    ^i agree. I tried simplenote and while it is nice to have access on unlimited devices, the app is very rudimentary; there's basically no organization options for notes. Google Keep is marginally better (on android). I haven't got microsoft onenote to work on bb10 yet but that could be the only real contender to evernote

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 07:33 PM
    OneNote works fine with both my Q10 and Passport. They're not really where I would enter notes though.

I installed via cobalts playstore. Didnt need to patch the OneNote app to make it work.
    04-11-17 03:50 PM
    i'm actually planning to move to Google Keep. OneNote takes way too long to load up, where Keep takes a second at most.

When I get some free time, I'm going to sit down and type all my notes in on the computer keyboard... when I originally switched from my Q10 to my used galaxy s5 last december, i typed EVERYTHING in on my phone keyboard.. what a nightmare!
    04-11-17 04:00 PM
    Just take screenshots of all your notes, compress them to. Rar and send it to yourself through pushbullet :-p

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 08:13 PM
    Standard Notes (https://standardnotes.org) is a good option. Simple, encrypted, and cross-platform. Desktop version has extensions and backups.
    06-21-17 06:06 PM
    My Notes works perfectly and u can even export to text and back up. They just need to a formatting and it would be better than Remember :-O

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.mynotes
    06-21-17 09:40 PM
    i'm actually planning to move to Google Keep. OneNote takes way too long to load up, where Keep takes a second at most.

When I get some free time, I'm going to sit down and type all my notes in on the computer keyboard... when I originally switched from my Q10 to my used galaxy s5 last december, i typed EVERYTHING in on my phone keyboard.. what a nightmare!
    Copy paste your notes into a Writer/Word whatever file will save you some typing.

Posted via CB10
    ALToronto likes this.
    06-24-17 07:23 AM