Worldmate is allegedly coming to an end at the end of the month. Despite that my app has accepted trips well beyond the end of the month. It also shows that the flights are still being monitored.

To me it looks like even though the app is ending that it appears to be working beyond the end of its lifespan.

Does anyone know if the app will continue to work beyond the end of the month or if on October 1st will it just shut down? I hope it survives because it is a better travel app than another one out there.

Also if it dies will BlackBerry Travel still work since it is based on the Worldmate system?
    09-14-17 08:35 PM
    It probably will just shut down. It might run a little longer depending on what the devs have planned, but if they flip the switch on the server, down it goes.

I'm not completely sure if BlackBerry Travel will go down. The underlying technology is the same.

If BlackBerry hosts its own servers, then maybe it will continue to work (who knows for how long though, everything related to BBOS and BB10 is shutting down).

But if they're basing them off the worldmate servers, they might go down as well.
    09-14-17 09:18 PM
    I didn't manage to log in to my profile through the Blackberry Worldmate web site recently.
    But BB Travel still functions well on my BB Passport with email notifications, etc.
    09-15-17 02:58 PM
    still works for me and hope they just let it run. I love the app and have found nothing better so far.
    09-21-17 05:49 PM
    It probably will just shut down. It might run a little longer depending on what the devs have planned, but if they flip the switch on the server, down it goes.

I'm not completely sure if BlackBerry Travel will go down. The underlying technology is the same.

If BlackBerry hosts its own servers, then maybe it will continue to work (who knows for how long though, everything related to BBOS and BB10 is shutting down).

But if they're basing them off the worldmate servers, they might go down as well.
    BB Travel is just a co-developed (by BB and WorldMate) front-end for WorldMate, and has always used WorldMate servers and services. When those servers go down, so will BB Travel. BB never had servers of their own for this, and never owned the services. WorldMate has to pay for connections to all the airlines in order to pull all the data, and you can bet that those will be shut down very soon after the cut date, because that's money they won't have to pay out any longer.
    09-21-17 07:52 PM
    Surprising good news. The app pretty much still works.

A trip that I had in the app before the end of September worked perfectly with gate updates and check in information.

What does not work is emailing information to the app. For new trips the information has to be inputed manually.

So I added flights manually after the app was to shut down. When it came time for the flights all of the check in and gate information about came up just like before. Also it synced the flights right into my calendar.

At least for awhile it looks like the app is still working.
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-16-17 10:22 PM
    Good to hear!
    10-16-17 10:28 PM
    I am on Android now which is better, tripit or tripcase as a replacement to BB travel on BB10, or are there other recommendations?
    10-24-17 08:43 PM
    Tripit is much better. It automatically puts all parts of a trip into one trip. On Tripcase you have to go and manually merge flights, rental cars, hotels etc.
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    10-27-17 08:54 AM