We are trying to locate someone that has been sending inappropriate messages to family and friends. We suspect they are using a vpn and a gps hider. A popular one seems to be fake gps app on the playstore. How effective are these at hiding someone's actual location?

Thank you
    02-27-18 08:38 AM
    We are trying to locate someone that has been sending inappropriate messages to family and friends. We suspect they are using a vpn and a gps hider. A popular one seems to be fake gps app on the playstore. How effective are these at hiding someone's actual location?

Thank you
    We have a idea also of what prank app was used just wondering what are the chances of us getting a subpoena for a American app company and if we did get one if the person used a VPN could we actually find out their actual IP address?
    02-27-18 08:42 AM
    We have a idea also of what prank app was used just wondering what are the chances of us getting a subpoena for a American app company and if we did get one if the person used a VPN could we actually find out their actual IP address?
    That's awful. If the behavior is criminal, law enforcement would have to obtain the subpoena . If it's a civil suit, talk to your attorney.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-27-18 08:53 AM
    That's awful. If the behavior is criminal, law enforcement would have to obtain the subpoena . If it's a civil suit, talk to your attorney.

Yeah I talked to a police officer. He said no death threats were made and he said even if there were he said they wouldn't get a subpoena for such a trivial manner and he said going through an attorney would take forever not mention the legal costs. Very hard to trace someone that uses a VPN even if you do how can you prove they even sent the messages if they used their phone. They probably used burner numbers.
    02-27-18 08:59 AM

They just sent sexually inappropriate comments not any threats etc ..cop sad sadly it's probably a family better. He said best thing to do is install a call and message blocked. We aren't find this person.
    02-27-18 09:06 AM
    They just sent sexually inappropriate comments not any threats etc ..cop sad sadly it's probably a family better. He said best thing to do is install a call and message blocked. We aren't find this person.
    I am really sorry. If the behavior continues, I would continue to pester law enforcement, especially if the messages are being sent to someone under the age of 18 (assuming you are in the US). The behavior sounds like criminal sequel harassment even if sent to an adult without consent.

02-27-18 09:15 AM
    I am really sorry. If the behavior continues, I would continue to pester law enforcement, especially if the messages are being sent to someone under the age of 18 (assuming you are in the US). The behavior sounds like criminal sequel harassment even if sent to an adult without consent.

Thanks no we are in Canada everyone messaged was of adult age. Have you ever seen the horrible comments on you tube? Those people are never brought to justice so this person won't be. And like I said imagine the legal fees and time spend just trying to find a troll..not worth it
    02-27-18 09:19 AM

Everyone was over 18. We won't find this person. They would have to first find the app that was used and then subpoena that company..who knows how long that would take...very long process..police have better things to do
    02-27-18 09:20 AM
    Well, hopefully the behavior stops and you can put this behind you.

02-27-18 09:22 AM
    Well, hopefully the behavior stops and you can put this behind you.

Yeah I've told everything to just put in a call and message blocked that should solve the problem
    02-27-18 09:50 AM
    Can't just block them?
    02-27-18 10:18 AM
    To answer the initial question: I use "Fake GPS Location Spoofer Free" to hide my position from spooky apps and it works even on closed down BlackDroid.
    Only Hub app crashes on certain menus cause snoozing option uses location service and doesn't like the spoofed one from:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.fakegps.fre
    02-28-18 08:40 AM