Looking through some of the pre-installed apps on my Key2 and noticed this mystery app.

Is this legit? 'Cause I can't find it on my phone, there doesn't seem to be a button to uninstall it and most of the reviews are "What the hell is this and how did it get on my phone!..."

Does anyone know what this app is?-screenshot_20181026-221930-1-.jpg

Does anyone know what this app is?-1934.jpg
    Last edited by MsDarkDiva; 10-26-18 at 10:07 PM.
    10-26-18 09:37 PM
    The app listing doesn't seem to exist anymore, but the package id is com.jrdcom.privatezone, which is Locker.
    10-26-18 10:47 PM
    "[email protected]"

That's suspicious at least....
    10-26-18 11:26 PM
    The app listing doesn't seem to exist anymore, but the package id is com.jrdcom.privatezone, which is Locker.
    Which is why I will not use Locker since it is not evidently secure.
    10-27-18 12:58 AM

Can that be duped in any way?

"[email protected]"

That's suspicious at least....

Yeah, that address raised an eyebrow! It's also funny how I can uninstall most other BB apps from Google Play, except for this one and when I look at my list of apps via the web it does not appear.

Do you guys have Locker properly listed in GP? I don't, aside from this.
    10-27-18 05:38 AM
    Can that be duped in any way?
    I wouldn't be surprised if TCL is up to their usual tricks.
    10-27-18 07:30 AM
    I just sent in an issue report. See screen shot. The reply (if any) should be interesting.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    10-27-18 09:05 AM
    I just sent in an issue report. See screen shot. The reply (if any) should be interesting.
    Thank you @Smokeaire! I appreciate it.
    10-27-18 09:23 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if TCL is up to their usual tricks.
    Oh wow... Just read the article.
    I tried disabling "Locker" on my phone, but it won't allow it. I could only remove it.
    10-27-18 09:38 AM
    Thank you @Smokeaire! I appreciate it.
    I think more people need to do the same thing. Flood BBMo with reports of concern and distrust. Let's get an answer.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-27-18 11:13 AM
    Which is why I will not use Locker since it is not evidently secure.
    I believe this bug is still present, among other things.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-27-18 11:17 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-18 11:58 AM
    I have all permissions but storage turned off. Assuming of course that actually has an affect.
    10-27-18 12:09 PM
    I think more people need to do the same thing. Flood BBMo with reports of concern and distrust. Let's get an answer.
    Took me a while to figure out how to send feedback, but I found it and it's sent.

I have all permissions but storage turned off. Assuming of course that actually has an affect.
    I turned eeeeeverything off!
    10-27-18 12:25 PM
    Took me a while to figure out how to send feedback, but I found it and it's sent.

I turned eeeeeverything off!
    You might want to think about having a mod change the thread title to something more app specific. There might be others who have the same concerns or need to know about this. A change might instill more interest. Just a thought.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-27-18 12:36 PM
    You might want to think about having a mod change the thread title to something more app specific. There might be others who have the same concerns or need to know about this. A change might instill more interest. Just a thought.
    Certainly! Mods please feel free to change the title, so more people can be aware of the problem. However, I wouldn't know what to call it, as the app no name (well, it has a Chinese name). If I didn't happen to stumble upon it, I would never know that it was there.

How about something basic like: "Warning: Check your phone for this (spamware?) app". Or, something more National Enquirer: "TCL malware found pre-installed on my phone: Check yours!". Haha! That dog'll hunt!
    Last edited by MsDarkDiva; 10-27-18 at 03:51 PM.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-27-18 12:52 PM
    I was just coming here to post about the exact same issue. It seemed strange that all of sudden there was an app I didn't download and didn't remember seeing before.

I'm all for this idea. Who do I e-mail? Post any and all e-mail adresses, social media accounts, and what not of people/divisions who should be aware of this situation.

Could you please tell us how to do it?

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of it if it can be safely deleted?
    10-29-18 10:52 PM
    I was just coming here to post about the exact same issue. It seemed strange that all of sudden there was an app I didn't download and didn't remember seeing before.

I'm all for this idea. Who do I e-mail? Post any and all e-mail adresses, social media accounts, and what not of people/divisions who should be aware of this situation.

Could you please tell us how to do it?

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of it if it can be safely deleted?
    You can use the Support Center app.
    10-30-18 03:27 AM
    The mystery app on my device vanished as mysteriously as it appeared on my phone. Was it removed from everyone else's device who had this problem too? I was just curious.
    11-03-18 11:32 PM
    The mystery app on my device vanished as mysteriously as it appeared on my phone. Was it removed from everyone else's device who had this problem too? I was just curious.
    yes, it disappeared maybe a day or 2 ago
    11-03-18 11:37 PM
    Hi

It appears now as the Locker app. Same comments and using a tcl.com email address.
    11-04-18 01:41 AM
    Locker came with one of the OS updates I'm pretty sure. At least for the KEYone it did. It launched with the KEY2.

I'm curious now if I should be using it or not. I like the features to lock or hide apps. Great for my banking and credit card apps but now I'm worried.
    11-04-18 08:27 AM
    Locker came with one of the OS updates I'm pretty sure. At least for the KEYone it did. It launched with the KEY2.

I'm curious now if I should be using it or not. I like the features to lock or hide apps. Great for my banking and credit card apps but now I'm worried.
    I've used it without thinking why, ever since I got the Key2. But I stopped when this issue cropped up. After re-thinking, and also realizing that it's not even a BlackBerry Ltd app (it's a TCL app), I see no point in going back using it.
    11-04-18 08:34 AM
    I've used it without thinking why, ever since I got the Key2. But I stopped when this issue cropped up. After re-thinking, and also realizing that it's not even a BlackBerry Ltd app (it's a TCL app), I see no point in going back using it.
    How did you figure out it isn't a BlackBerry app? Neither Locker nor Files appear in Google Play for me to check the developer. I think I'll stop using both. Looks like BlackBerry is dead beyond repair if they can't even make apps anymore let alone phones. I guess that's what happens when you let the Chinese run a company. Lies and deception through and through.
    11-04-18 08:51 AM
    How did you figure out it isn't a BlackBerry app? Neither Locker nor Files appear in Google Play for me to check the developer. I think I'll stop using both. Looks like BlackBerry is dead beyond repair if they can't even make apps anymore let alone phones. I guess that's what happens when you let the Chinese run a company. Lies and deception through and through.
    I still see Locker in the Playstore. It's from BlackBerry Mobile Ningbo, which I assume is TCL. The other BlackBerry branded apps I know and trust are from BlackBerry Ltd - I will continue to use because they're half of the reason I got the Key2.
    11-04-18 09:01 AM
28 12