I can't find an Android replacement for the Docs To Go app in BB10. I liked that you could easily adjust the font size with two fingers on the screen and it would be responsive and automatically adjust to fill the screen. You could scroll up and down through the document by swiping on the keyboard. You could touch the screen and it wouldn't automatically think you wanted to edit. If you did want to edit, it would open a different app to do so. It would have all recently opened docs readily accessible when you opened it. So far I haven't found any Android apps that come close to matching the functionality of the BB10 Doc To Go viewer. Any suggestions?
    12-29-18 06:06 AM
    Within Android, Google and Microsoft are the main players now and that’s effectively crowded out small players. BB10 functionality matters to BB10 users mostly. Android users typically don’t even know BB10 exists, so they don’t know they’re missing out.
    12-29-18 06:13 AM
    I can't find an Android replacement for the Docs To Go app in BB10. I liked that you could easily adjust the font size with two fingers on the screen and it would be responsive and automatically adjust to fill the screen. You could scroll up and down through the document by swiping on the keyboard. You could touch the screen and it wouldn't automatically think you wanted to edit. If you did want to edit, it would open a different app to do so. It would have all recently opened docs readily accessible when you opened it. So far I haven't found any Android apps that come close to matching the functionality of the BB10 Doc To Go viewer. Any suggestions?
    What about MSWord, Excel and so on? I think it fullfills most of your specifications and you have to press "edit" to edit (you can touch the screen as much as you want before that).

Smart Office is also a favorite of mine!
    12-29-18 08:20 AM
    What about MSWord, Excel and so on? I think it fullfills most of your specifications and you have to press "edit" to edit (you can touch the screen as much as you want before that).

Smart Office is also a favorite of mine!
    MS Word does an excellent job. At first I did not like it then I realized you could switch between desktop and mobile mode. Working as a perfect Docs to Go replacement.
    DWonder likes this.
    12-29-18 10:43 AM
    There you have it. See post above this reply...When Passporter endorses, you’re good to go....
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-29-18 10:46 AM
    How about Doc to Go? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...stogo&hl=en_US
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-29-18 11:16 AM
    This appears to be the same company right? Didn’t BB purchase the company at some point? I just assumed it had folded...
    12-29-18 11:19 AM
    You have to have a company license to use it unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-18 11:34 AM
    This appears to be the same company right? Didn’t BB purchase the company at some point? I just assumed it had folded...
    Same company, same app. Dataviz.
    12-29-18 11:39 AM
    You have to have a company license to use it unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about? Docs to Go is available to anyone. I have been using it since buying my Priv over two years ago. It works fine.
    12-29-18 11:40 AM
    Ok, I can see it works! Last times I've tried it couldn't be installed less than I got a license through a company. Maybe I stumbled upon another version?

Edit: it's the Blackberry Docs To Go, which is a company version . Sorry for messing things up!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 12-29-18 at 12:27 PM.
    12-29-18 12:06 PM
    Same company, same app. Dataviz.
    It's close. You can't swipe on the keyboard to scroll which Docs To Go on BB10 used to be able to do. Since it's not just a viewer, if you tap on the screen while scrolling, you can edit accidentally, which is fine but Docs To Go on BB10 was easier to use as a reader. Close enough. Thank you.
    12-29-18 12:23 PM
    Well, if you want the capability to scroll using the keyboard, Text HD and WPS Office both have that capability.
    12-29-18 12:33 PM
    Didn’t BB purchase the company at some point? I just assumed it had folded...
    Nope,

https://twitter.com/DataVizInc/statu...18451716931584
    12-29-18 09:38 PM
    Within Android, Google and Microsoft are the main players now and that’s effectively crowded out small players. BB10 functionality matters to BB10 users mostly. Android users typically don’t even know BB10 exists, so they don’t know they’re missing out.
    Well said.
    12-29-18 10:06 PM
    Well said but I should point out that Microsoft and Google are American and people are reminded of the Patriot Act etc guaranteed spyware.

So you can take the choice on Russian, Chinese (particularly Hong Kong) and South Korean.

I have not seen any documentary evidence to show that the company Huawei is spying on anybody.

It's a criminal offence punishable in China by capital punishment, for such companies to allow spying capabilities.

The reason the Chinese want Chinese data secure in China is because America and Russia etc including the British, cannot spy on it very easily.

China does not have carte blanche access to the private files which are secured to Apple standards or Samsung standards or Blackberry standards and require Court orders for anything that is recoverable on an individual or corporate basis.

The Chinese are keeping everything fully accountable.

This is why WPS office based out of Hong Kong and owned buy a China based company is now taking off.

Likewise Polaris Office, which is the one I prefer, is based out of South Korea. The document store/drive now rests on Amazon AWS. (No longer as secure)

Both of these have their own respective online drives.

Even Samsung has added Samsung drive. Samsung have moved their drive to Dropbox. (No longer as secure)

From an international security point of view these were far more secure than anything based in the United States, where everybody that works for the company is obliged to report everything to the United States authorities. (No longer as secure)

China does have a similar law and so does Russia but they are more geared to finding foreign spies and the foreign spying system at work in their territories.

It is a matter of who to trust but right now I would rather Trust China than Russia or the United States or indeed United Kingdom since China have the death penalty for security infringements.

And they (China) have written laws to back it all up.

15 eyes carte blanche spying yes that includes the five eye network, and the other three that make up the 18, would go out of business if more countries had similar tight security laws.

Zoho from India is taking of. And is one of the safer bets all round.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 03-13-20 at 06:41 AM.
    02-10-19 06:54 AM
    Try AndrOpenoffice.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    02-10-19 10:34 AM
    Well said but I should point out that Microsoft and Google are American and people are reminded of the Patriot Act etc guaranteed spyware.
    So you can take the choice on Russian Chinese particularly Hong Kong and South Korean.
    I have not seen any documentary evidence to show that the company Huawei is spying on anybody. It's a criminal offence punishable in China by capital punishment, for such companies to allow spying capabilities.
    The reason the Chinese won't Chinese data secure in China is because America and Russia etc including the British cannot spy on it very easily.
    China does not have carte blanche access to the private files which is secured to Apple standards or Samsung standards or Blackberry standards and require Court orders anything that is recoverable on an individual basis.
    The Chinese are keeping everything fully accountable.
    This is why WPS office based out of Hong Kong and owned buy a China based company is now taking off.
    Likewise Polaris Office which is the one I prefer is based out of South Korea both of these have their own respective online drives.
    Even Samsung has added Samsung drive.
    From an international security point of view these are far more secure than anything based in the United States everybody that works for the company is obliged to report everything to the United States authorities.
    China does have a similar law and so just Russia but they are more geared to finding foreign spies and the Fallen spying system at work in their territories.

It is a matter of who to trust but right now I would rather Trust China then Russia or the United States or indeed United Kingdom since they have the death penalty for security infringements.

And I have a written law to back it all up.
    15 eyes carte blanche spying yes that includes the five eye network, and the other three that make up the 18, would go out of business if countries had similar tight security laws.
    If you feel comfortable with a communist state government sponsored environment, then go for it.. Trust but verify is how I live. Our government structure is almost 243 years old. Far be it from perfect... I don’t really know of any nation that offers more freedom in living including allowing citizens or residents unhappy enough, the freedom to leave for a perceived happier or better place...
    nevilleadaniels and thurask like this.
    02-10-19 10:45 AM
    If you feel comfortable with a communist state government sponsored environment, then go for it.. Trust but verify is how I live. Our government structure is almost 243 years old. Far be it from perfect... I don’t really know of any nation that offers more freedom in living including allowing citizens or residents unhappy enough, the freedom to leave for a perceived happier or better place...
    Actually I said I prefer Polaris because it is South Korean as is Samsung.
    I used to prefer Polaris because it was running on its own service in Korea but now they're running on AWS service USA
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 08-15-19 at 04:09 AM.
    02-10-19 11:32 AM
    It is a matter of who to trust but right now I would rather Trust China than Russia or the United States or indeed United Kingdom since they have the death penalty for security infringements.
    This is part I’m referring to.
    02-10-19 01:38 PM
    This is part I’m referring to.
    It's the Chinese that have the death penalty for screwing up on security. The others will they want you to fail on security.
    02-10-19 01:44 PM