Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I have made a switch out of Hub and blackberry calendar to the Gmail and google calendar apps. Recently, with the latest update to Hub services, I get a non dismissable notification telling me that I need to update my Hub app. How do I get rid of it?

I need hub services for the contacts and password manager apps, but if I can't find a solution, I will switch out of these also..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Disabling hub but keeping hub services-33857.jpg  
    09-16-16 09:29 AM
    If you aren't using the HUB for email, then not sure what the point of contacts and password keeper are.....
    09-16-16 09:39 AM
    I have made a switch out of Hub and blackberry calendar to the Gmail and google calendar apps. Recently, with the latest update to Hub services, I get a non dismissable notification telling me that I need to update my Hub app. How do I get rid of it?

I need hub services for the contacts and password manager apps, but if I can't find a solution, I will switch out of these also..

Just disable the hub fam.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    09-16-16 11:30 AM
    I actually kinda like the BlackBerry contacts and password keeper. Would suck if I have to move out of these also.

The reason why I left hub was because it couldn't handle large emails. It becomes very unresponsive. Gmail doesn't have this issues with the same emails. Also, the hub is really limited compared to bb10 and not very useful outside of basic email.

google calendar has a nice integration with maps and google now, so I couldn't see any reasons to stay with the BlackBerry calendar.

I did disable the hub, but the notification doesn't go away. It comes from BlackBerry hub services and not the hub...

09-16-16 04:27 PM
    On Android you can stop applications from showing notifications if I remember correctly.

Go to the application page, select hub services and don't let it give you notifications should solve it

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 06:23 PM
    This is the screen you are looking for.

Attached Thumbnails Disabling hub but keeping hub services-screenshot_2016-09-17-02-21-47.jpg  
    09-16-16 07:22 PM
    That worked, thanks!

09-16-16 07:28 PM
    I'm not a fan of the BlackBerry Hub it's getting deleted. Emails and notifications are delayed. When I physically open the app I always get a few notifications and wonder why I have to open the app to get it. It should be letting me know. Maybe I'll reinstall it in 6 months or so if it improves. Hopefully it will be better and have apps that I actually use integrated. I do like how Google calendar integrates with Google Maps. I may use Gmail or Outlook for all emails or go back to the Asus email client. It was pretty decent.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    09-25-16 07:21 AM
    I'm not a fan of the BlackBerry Hub it's getting deleted. Emails and notifications are delayed. When I physically open the app I always get a few notifications and wonder why I have to open the app to get it. It should be letting me know. Maybe I'll reinstall it in 6 months or so if it improves. Hopefully it will be better and have apps that I actually use integrated. I do like how Google calendar integrates with Google Maps. I may use Gmail or Outlook for all emails or go back to the Asus email client. It was pretty decent.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    What device are you using it on? Sounds like Androids doze feature is likely causing some grief. Go into system settings - Battery - click 3 dots in top right - click battery optimization and change the drop down to "all apps". Then make sure that Hub+ Services and Hub are set as "not optimized".

Doze can cause exactly what you're seeing. It's both a real blessing and a curse.
    zephyr613 and prlarkin like this.
    09-25-16 06:56 PM
    That worked, thanks!

There was a Hub+ Services update late last week that was pushed that contains a fix for this issue and won't notify you if you have an app disabled. I would personally turn notifications back on as we use that to notify you about other important issues.
    zephyr613 and prlarkin like this.
    09-25-16 06:57 PM
    What device are you using it on? Sounds like Androids doze feature is likely causing some grief. Go into system settings - Battery - click 3 dots in top right - click battery optimization and change the drop down to "all apps". Then make sure that Hub+ Services and Hub are set as "not optimized".

Doze can cause exactly what you're seeing. It's both a real blessing and a curse.
    Thanks i'll try that. I'm using the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser. Its a very decent phone for the price.
    09-26-16 08:12 AM

Hi Cody....i am not having any issues with Hub nor with the battery on my Priv....should i follow this advice to turn off battery optimization for Hub+ services and Hub? Will i notice anything different?
    09-26-16 10:20 AM
    You shouldn't notice anything major, no.
    09-26-16 11:15 AM

Thank you for this!!! Been having delayed push emails on my privsince day one. I have reported it on every beta and never get a response. Changed this setting last night and my email has been instant since! So thanks again!

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv
    09-27-16 01:04 PM