Hi,
    Would like to draw attention on still Beta Disa messaging hub Android App.
    Though this unified messaging App is in early stage of development still it supports Facebook Messenger, Text MMS & WhatsApp on one platform.
    Right now call option is not available but i tested it for FBM sent a picture from gallery successfully.
    Registered WhatsApp too but didn't tested beyond that.
    Can this App be used to access FBM and WA in future just in case Android WA fails to work on BB10 and so the FB messenger ?
    This unified messaging App is in early stages of development, is open source not asking Google Play service installation.
    Disa | Unified Messenger
    https://github.com/Disa-im
    12-05-16 11:05 AM
    Been in beta a long time now, thinking it isn't going anywhere at this point. It's a great idea, that none of the messaging systems want. And with security concerns becoming even larger these days.... not something that most would want to hand over their info too. Unified messaging is a joke, and it probably always will be | Android Central
    12-05-16 11:29 AM
    Now the development is bit fast.
    I see a ray of hope specially for BB10 users in case both the Android App fails on BB10 phone.
    This App can be savior for some ?
    12-06-16 05:49 AM
    Ive just installed Disa last night after giving up on messenger10 (missing notifications after less than a week).

Anyway - I've setup fb messenger and whatsapp with it and it working brilliantly so far!!

the notifications are coming in before any other tablet in the house (which never happened with fb messenger previously) and thats with the android disa app shut and just working in the background - we'll see what effect this has on my battery over next few days. (but other have stated its not too bad)

as for the notifications in hub - they come in as standard android notifications - BUT they show who the message is from (with image) and part of the message - so you don't actually have to open the app to see if you need to respond to it urgently…best notifications I've seen for fb apart from the original bb10 messenger and the unreliable messenger10. (and I've tried loads on messenger/fb ports over the past week and this is by far the best so far!!)

Also as the notifications are so full - they're also working great with my pebble watch YES - both messenger and whatsapp!! - rather than just a standard (no info) notification (which means i have to pickup my phone to see what it is, I'm now getting the full 'sent from' info, along with the full message text!! and can even respond/reply through my watch - similar to how it worked on android. - I'm well pleased/impressed!!
    03-06-17 04:32 AM
    Ive just installed Disa last night after giving up on messenger10 (missing notifications after less than a week).

Anyway - I've setup fb messenger and whatsapp with it and it working brilliantly so far!!

the notifications are coming in before any other tablet in the house (which never happened with fb messenger previously) and thats with the android disa app shut and just working in the background - we'll see what effect this has on my battery over next few days. (but other have stated its not too bad)

as for the notifications in hub - they come in as standard android notifications - BUT they show who the message is from (with image) and part of the message - so you don't actually have to open the app to see if you need to respond to it urgently…best notifications I've seen for fb apart from the original bb10 messenger and the unreliable messenger10. (and I've tried loads on messenger/fb ports over the past week and this is by far the best so far!!)

Also as the notifications are so full - they're also working great with my pebble watch YES - both messenger and whatsapp!! - rather than just a standard (no info) notification (which means i have to pickup my phone to see what it is, I'm now getting the full 'sent from' info, along with the full message text!! and can even respond/reply through my watch - similar to how it worked on android. - I'm well pleased/impressed!!
    Where can I find a link for q10?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 09:58 PM
    It's on amazon app store and google play
    03-19-17 08:23 AM
    I used Disa for quite sometime. The biggest drawback for me was the WhatsApp support. It had a plugin that only allowed limited functionality, you couldn't export chats from it or use WhatsApp web. You don't have the WhatsApp client installed while using the plugin.

It's also missing email support but that wasn't a massive issue.
    03-24-17 06:26 AM
    May not be perfect, but with what'sApp coming to an end soon I think it's fairly decent for basic use especially/along with Fb messenger in same app too.
    03-25-17 06:05 AM
    OK so I'm having a few issues with disa....think maybe due to all the apps I have running..eg pebble, pebble bridge ++ etc....seems to be a bit fussy about the amount of memory it needs....when it crashes it won't restart until I run memory boost...its a shame as the notifications are far better than the stock whatsapp on my pebble watch with bb10....think I'll have to go to stock android apps for fb messenger and wa.....
    03-31-17 05:16 AM
    It appears the telegram beta plugin is the culprit with DISA, having given it another go after not being too impressed with pebble integration of both the messenger or WhatsApp...I can say it's back to working pretty much perfectly!!
    04-09-17 07:02 AM