My Google Photos app suddenly change to a dark theme on my KEY2 LE today.

That's a welcome change but I wonder where is the setting to change it back to light. Any idea?

Thanks.
    06-12-19 09:53 PM
    My Google Photos app suddenly change to a dark theme on my KEY2 LE today.

That's a welcome change but I wonder where is the setting to change it back to light. Any idea?

Thanks.
    There is no way to do so; its a server side switch that mostly designed to work with Android Q Night Mode which universally turn Dark Theme On/Off in any app that support this function.

Hopefully Google will realize that none Q users are affected and will introduce a toggle.

BTW, Google Feed, Search & Assistant is next in line.
    asiayeah likes this.
    06-12-19 10:01 PM
    There is no way to do so; its a server side switch that mostly designed to work with Android Q Night Mode which universally turn Dark Theme On/Off in any app that support this function.

Hopefully Google will realize that none Q users are affected and will introduce a toggle.

BTW, Google Feed, Search & Assistant is next in line.
    Thanks. I would guess so. But I'm surprised if Google enabled it by default for Android 8 as well. It doesn't seem to be using my dark setting on other Google app such as YouTube either.
    06-12-19 10:06 PM
    Thanks. I would guess so. But I'm surprised if Google enabled it by default for Android 8 as well. It doesn't seem to be using my dark setting on other Google app such as YouTube either.
    YouTube has its own switch and the Google app dark mode is only available for select Beta testers.
    asiayeah likes this.
    06-12-19 10:08 PM
    Dark theme will really be cool if KEY3 packs an AMOLED
    06-13-19 01:50 AM
    My Google Photos App also went to dark mode on my Pixel 3 XL. Checked after I read the post. I am not in the Q beta program. Still on Pie.
    YouTube has its own switch and the Google app dark mode is only available for select Beta testers.
    06-13-19 02:08 PM
    Keyone had Darkmode but just got a key2 and no dark mode. wonder when we will get darkmode on key 2?
    10-21-19 08:31 AM
    Keyone had Darkmode but just got a key2 and no dark mode. wonder when we will get darkmode on key 2?
    I also have the dark mode on Google photos on my K2
    Yesterday 02:57 PM