Hi guys,

Just recently switched away from my PPSE, new to Android.

One thing I've noticed is that BlackBerry's Contacts app doesn't have all the features from the comparable app on BB10. And some of these features, to me anyway, are rather important.

Things I've notice:
    - Contact picture: there's currently no option for this
    - Company name field: there's no field to enter a Company name (the app makes you search for a name)
    - First/Last name field: there's only field (ok, fine), but it appears to confine you to a "very" limited number of characters. For some people that I know, I can't even write out their full first or last names, as the app tells me, "Error, Contact name is too long" . And we're not talking about excessively long names either. I smh as this is just really bizarre.
    - Adding fields: how do you even do this? For instance, if I want to add a third phone number, or a Notes field for one of my contacts, there's no option for this.

I dunno...am I missing something? Seems like this app is half-baked.

Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by SomeoneOrOther; 08-01-18 at 11:57 AM.
    08-01-18 11:45 AM
    - Contact picture: there's currently no option for this
    Sure there is. You can add whatever pic you want and depending on the info you add, it will pull from various places an add one for you.

- Company name field: there's no field to enter a Company name (the app makes you search for a name)
    1) Yes, there is.
    2) How is that a disadvantage? Once you search, it pulls in the proper name and address and when applicable website, number and more and if nothing turns up for the search, you can just add whatever you want.

- Adding fields: how do you even do this? For instance, if I want to add a third phone number, or a Notes field for one of my contacts, there's no option for this.
    There is a notes field.

- First/Last name field: there's only field (ok, fine), but appears to confine you to a "very" limited number of characters. For some people that I know, I can't even write out their full first or last names, as the app tells me, "Error, Contact name is too long" . And we're not talking about excessively long names either. I smh as this is just really bizarre
    Not sure about all this but I have never had an issue adding any names or any of them being too long.

I don't disagree that it's a little less than what BB10 offered, but not for the reasons you noted. Seems you just overlooked some stuff.
    08-01-18 12:03 PM
    Hang on...

...saving your contacts as "SIM card contacts".

I just realized that doing so for whatever reason makes you lose a bunch of features / fields

P.S. So I guess saving my contacts to the SIM card is a bad idea?
    PHughes likes this.
    08-01-18 12:20 PM
    Hang on...

...saving your contacts as "SIM card contacts".

I just realized that doing so for whatever reason makes you lose a bunch of features / fields

P.S. So I guess saving my contacts to the SIM card is a bad idea?
    Yes it is. SIM cards only saved one name and one number for each entry. That goes back to feature phone days before the "smartphone" became a thing.
    08-01-18 02:04 PM
    Ah man, well there's me griping for nothing then *face palm*.

Any mods reading this, you're welcome to delete this thread as it was rather pointless (well mostly pointless, but I did learn something new)
    PHughes likes this.
    08-01-18 02:14 PM
    Don't feel pregnant. I only discovered this when cleaning up my contacts on Z10.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    08-01-18 06:22 PM
    Don't feel pregnant. I only discovered this when cleaning up my contacts on Z10.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    I guess I'm entitled to look like a total noob once in a while
    08-09-18 04:22 PM