https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/ doesn't seem to work.
    using an old apk that I found; the keyboard didnt install. Any help?
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-01-21 11:35 AM
    Discontinued a while back. Letter received from BlackBerry patent lawyers.
    Laura Knotek and ShannonLoa like this.
    05-01-21 05:13 PM
    Several weeks ago, Github was forced to remove the BlackBerry Manager app.

Since BlackBerry never did a thing about it all these years prior, we're wondering if something related to the Hub was sold off, and now that entity is getting involved.

Also, it seems that the manager can't check-in with Google Play to check for updates. Maybe Google is blocking it, or has been asked to block it? I don't know. But that started happening this past week.

There is a version of the keyboard app that apparently does not need to be patched to work, or maybe it's already patched, but it's out there.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-01-21 05:17 PM
    Almost wonder if OM's delays are part of some ongoing negations with whatever group is looking to buy BlackBerry's patents....

Maybe they want the "rights" to the name as well.... at least in regards to smartphones.
    05-03-21 08:28 AM
    I was wondering... what are the most recent, final, latest version numbers of all the BlackBerry Apps from Cobalt's Manager.

I'm just curious.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-21 04:23 PM
    I was wondering... what are the most recent, final, latest version numbers of all the BlackBerry Apps from Cobalt's Manager.

I'm just curious.

Posted via CB10
    666.66.6 ;-D
    05-03-21 04:33 PM

I'm just curious.

Posted via CB10
    The same ones in the Play Store right now. 2.2047.1.6777.

Although someone reported getting a newer update for something recently, but I don't recall anyone else verifying that.
    05-03-21 07:05 PM
    Side question - anyone notice their hub/email app constantly freezing requiring a phone reboot.
    Samsung s12+
    05-04-21 11:03 AM
    Side question - anyone notice their hub/email app constantly freezing requiring a phone reboot.
    Samsung s12+
    Are you using this old Cobalt work around to circumvent a paid subscription or are you using a free version through Play Store?

Zero issues on my Galaxy A71 with a paid HUB subscription.

If your phone is having to reboot rather than say the app crashes or closes, I fear your issues are potentially deeper that the HUB/Inbox-email.
    05-04-21 11:21 AM
    Let me clarify... I have to reboot in order to get the hub working again. Rest of phone is fine. Samsung has given me the excessive battery use error from the hub when it stops working. Cobalt version.
    I would be happy to change to paid if it doesn't involve deleting and reinstalling
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-04-21 12:17 PM
    Let me clarify... I have to reboot in order to get the hub working again. Rest of phone is fine. Samsung has given me the excessive battery use error from the hub when it stops working. Cobalt version.
    I would be happy to change to paid if it doesn't involve deleting and reinstalling
    Well you are using essentially a boot leg version of the applications that has been shut down. I would recommend deleting those applications and then use the ad supported version through Google Play Store or better yet the paid subscription @ .99/mo.

The HUB/Inbox is a must for me and I have had but one quickly fixed issue on the paid subscription version I have supported and used since 2017 through a S7 Edge, S7, S9 and now A71. (About a month ago I saw ads on my Samsung- I sent the dev/support an email and it was rectified within hours) It's still the best email client for me and my needs. My Black Edition KeyOne is my primary carry these days but there is no difference in the functionality and usage between my BlackBerry and Samsung Galaxy. If I were to put my SIM back in my A71 I wouldn't expect to experience any differences. Android 7, 8.1, 9, 10 or now 11 have all been a-ok.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-04-21 12:43 PM
    Or just use Spark Email instead. It's modern, actively developed, and more secure.
    Last edited by conite; 05-04-21 at 01:19 PM.
    05-04-21 01:00 PM
    Or just use Spark Email instead. It's modern, actively developed, and more secure.
    Weird Spark lacks an ability to disable conversation view. Not a fan of conversation view so it would be an immediate no for me. Also do not see an integrated calendar view or ability to search for emails by the same sender. Organization seems similar to Inbox with various emails in one place but sticking with HUB/Inbox for my needs and preferences.

Another consideration being a Samsung user is the stock Samsung Email app. No ads, works well and integration with calendar is good. Handles multiple accounts better than others such as Gmail and Outlook.
    Last edited by bh7171; 05-04-21 at 01:46 PM.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-04-21 01:26 PM
    Weird Spark lacks an ability to disable conversation view. Not a fan of conversation view so it would be an immediate no for me. Also do not see an integrated calendar view or ability to search for emails by the same sender. Organization seems similar to Inbox with various emails in one place but sticking with HUB/Inbox for my needs and preferences.
    That's certainly your prerogative, but threaded email is by far the most productive solution. From Spark:

"In Spark, emails are grouped in threads based on the email subject. Spark displays the latest emails at the bottom of the thread, and the oldest messages are located at the top. The thread view is one of the essential functionalities of the app. Spark’s unique features like shared threads and private team comments under the emails are based on the thread view.

Most actions you perform on emails in your inbox (e.g. pin, snooze, archive, delete, etc.) affect the whole thread. Meanwhile, you can also delete a specific email in a thread."

But of course, you can stick to the Hub, or use any number of other modern email clients like AquaMail or Nine - both of which are actively-supported, are more secure than the BlackBerry Hub, and have the ability to turn off threaded email.
    Last edited by conite; 05-04-21 at 01:58 PM.
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-04-21 01:44 PM
    That's certainly your prerogative, but threaded email is by far the most productive solution. From Spark:

"In Spark, emails are grouped in threads based on the email subject. Spark displays the latest emails at the bottom of the thread, and the oldest messages are located at the top. The thread view is one of the essential functionalities of the app. Spark’s unique features like shared threads and private team comments under the emails are based on the thread view.

We’re not planning to add the option to disable or change the order of the emails in the threads in Spark for now. However, if your workflow relies on individual emails rather than threads, please share your feedback with us by submitting a feature request.

Most actions you perform on emails in your inbox (e.g. pin, snooze, archive, delete, etc.) affect the whole thread. Meanwhile, you can also delete a specific email in a thread."

But of course, you can stick to the Hub, or use any number of other modern email clients like AquaMail or Nine - both actively-supported, more secure than the BlackBerry Hub, and with the ability to turn off threaded email.
    More secure? My emails are originally sourced via Microsoft 365 prior to receiving in HUB/Inbox and I use my account in conjunction with Microsoft Authenticator. If Microsoft or GoDaddy has any security related email issues that got past them would it not affect any email client I choose to utilize.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-04-21 02:02 PM
    More secure? My emails are originally sourced via Microsoft 365 prior to receiving in HUB/Inbox and I use my account in conjunction with Microsoft Authenticator. If Microsoft or GoDaddy has any security related email issues that got past them would it not affect any email client I choose to utilize.
    The BlackBerry HUB is not compatible with MFA, so you are required to provide your email credentials (via app-specific password) to BlackBerry instead. They, and anyone they give it to, has unfettered access to that account.

That's fine if you trust BlackBerry, but MFA does not require you to trust ANY client app at all.

Also, any app that essentially went out of active development 2 years ago, will always have inherently higher security concerns.

But, as you are still using a KEYone, you don't really worry too much about security anyway.
    Last edited by conite; 05-04-21 at 02:25 PM.
    05-04-21 02:12 PM
    The BlackBerry HUB is not compatible with MFA, so you are required to provide your email credentials (via app-specific password) to BlackBerry instead. They, and anyone they give it to, has unfettered access to that account.

That's fine if you trust BlackBerry, but MFA does not require you to trust ANY client app at all.

Also, any app that essentially went out of active development 2 years ago, will always have inherently higher security concerns.
    I trust Blackberry more so than I trust Google. As Android users we have to set up a Gmail account and provide that log in to utilize their services.

I keep seeing unsupported for 2 years in regards to HUB and related apps but received updates to all on BE KeyOne and Samsung @ Nov 19th 2020. Do those updates constitute support or no?
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-04-21 02:24 PM
    I trust Blackberry more so than I trust Google. As Android users we have to set up a Gmail account and provide that log in to utilize their services.

I keep seeing unsupported for 2 years in regards to HUB and related apps but received updates to all on BE KeyOne and Samsung @ Nov 19th 2020. Do those updates constitute support or no?
    That isn't support, no. They are just doing the required target API changes to keep the Play Store listing.

As far as trusting BlackBerry, along with their ageing servers, that's your choice of course. But it simply shouldn't be necessary at all.
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-04-21 02:27 PM
    That isn't support, no. They are just doing the required target API changes required to keep the Play Store listing.

As far as trusting BlackBerry, along with their ageing servers, that's your choice of course.
    Seems like keeping the listings and functionality of the applications is some form of support?

Irrespective of views on the definition of support the Inbox and suite of apps are still working well and functional on my BE and A71. Never any missing emails, no odd app crashes, no abhorrent battery usage, etc. All just seem to work in providing my emails in the most organized fashion I have found for my preferences and needs. (I have tried most of the other email apps suggested in Aqua, Nine, Outlook and BlueMail. I have not personally tried Spark but some aspects and lack of functionality on the Android version as noted would not best suit my preferences). *Why Microsoft cannot seem to make Outlook mobile more similar to their desktop version has always confounded me.

I have often wondered if clients like Spark, Aqua, Nine or BlueMail have better security pedigrees and backgrounds than BlackBerry?
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-04-21 02:43 PM
    I have often wondered if clients like Spark, Aqua, Nine or BlueMail have better security pedigrees and backgrounds than BlackBerry?
    But they don't store (or even get) your email credentials if you activated 2FA, so that's a big difference.
    pdr733 and ShannonLoa like this.
    05-04-21 02:47 PM
    ...but threaded email is by far the most productive solution...
    In my opinion, that's a subjective statement, and not one I agree with.
    ShannonLoa likes this.
    05-04-21 03:59 PM
    In my opinion, that's a subjective statement, and not one I agree with.
    When you have dozens of clients and hundreds of disparate back-and-fourths going on simultaneously, how in the world would you keep everything tightly organised without threaded email?

Not to mention there is no disadvantage to threading. An unread email would be at the top of your inbox either way.
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-04-21 04:04 PM
    When you have dozens of clients and hundreds of disparate back-and-fourths going on simultaneously, how in the world would you keep everything tightly organised without threaded email?
    I don't use it (well, maybe rarely). I find that features like conversation and focus views periodically make mistakes in how they "detect" what emails are or are not related to the same threads/conversations. Then it just gets frustrating to have to turn the features off to find what you are looking for.

I have frequently also had my kids tell me they did not receive such and such email and have fully searched their accounts/devices and no such email exists, only for me to find it quickly once I get a hold of their device and turn off conversation/focus view.
    ppeters914 and ShannonLoa like this.
    05-04-21 04:14 PM
    I don't use it (well, maybe rarely). I find that features like conversation and focus views periodically make mistakes in how they "detect" what emails are or are not related to the same threads/conversations. Then it just gets frustrating to have to turn the features off to find what you are looking for.

I have frequently also had my kids tell me they did not receive such and such email and have fully searched their accounts/devices and no such email exists, only for me to find it quickly once I get a hold of their device and turn off conversation/focus view.
    Nah. No such issues. I've been threading for 10 years. It would be utter chaos without it. Emails are assembled, in chronological order, by subject heading. Easy peasy.

I couldn't imagine not being able to apply universal settings to specific threads.
    05-04-21 04:19 PM
    Nah. No such issues. I've been threading for 10 years. It would be utter chaos without it. Emails are assembled, in chronological order, by subject heading. Easy peasy.

I couldn't imagine not being able to apply universal settings to specific threads.
    Like I said, a subjective statement. If it works for you then great. I don't find it more productive for me.
    bh7171 and ShannonLoa like this.
    05-04-21 04:28 PM
82 123 ...