07-15-19 05:34 PM
31 12
tools
    There are at least 2 things I want to stay in my phone and not install on a remote server: contacts and calendar. The k1 doesn't appear to give me the option: I simply have to upload my itinerary to the world if I want to use a k1 calendar. Location tracking and metadata collection are bad enough, but insisting I open an account and upload my future locations to a remote server is absurd. Simply provide the choice. Is it just me? Doesn't anyone remember why Blackberry was almost destroyed a few years ago? When I picked up my k1 I wanted to have a better choice on app selection than my current Z30, a good device, but the privacy price is uncomfortable. I know I can't secure everything, but wanting to maintain a semblance of privacy is very different than having to "voluntarily" upload personal information to a cloud.
    02-06-18 11:00 PM
    There are at least 2 things I want to stay in my phone and not install on a remote server: contacts and calendar. The k1 doesn't appear to give me the option: I simply have to upload my itinerary to the world if I want to use a k1 calendar. Location tracking and metadata collection are bad enough, but insisting I open an account and upload my future locations to a remote server is absurd. Simply provide the choice. Is it just me? Doesn't anyone remember why Blackberry was almost destroyed a few years ago? When I picked up my k1 I wanted to have a better choice on app selection than my current Z30, a good device, but the privacy price is uncomfortable. I know I can't secure everything, but wanting to maintain a semblance of privacy is very different than having to "voluntarily" upload personal information to a cloud.
    I'm using Simple Calendar now, and it gives you the option to save only locally on the device. Also has multiple notifications, and a widget view. So far so good...
    02-06-18 11:12 PM
    I'm using Simple Calendar now, and it gives you the option to save only locally on the device. Also has multiple notifications, and a widget view. So far so good...
    I will look into this. Thank you for the reply
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    02-06-18 11:18 PM
    Do you know if there is any way in the BB Calendar to display the tasks such as was in BB10
    02-16-18 04:01 PM
    on k2 I do not see any advantage of bb calendar. switched to google completely, it looks better.
    10-31-18 10:05 AM
    Is it safe to uninstall Google Calendar?

Shane.
    07-15-19 05:34 PM
31 12