I have been using the BlackBerry Calendar for years. Does anyone think it is falling behind? Would you move to the Google Calendar since it seems to offer more features? I also notice in these forums a lot of people using Business Calendar.
    11-20-17 08:53 PM
    Hmm, of course it will all depend on people's tastes, but I find the blackberry calendar to be excellent, probably the best on Android.

Of course Google Calendar is great, and so are many others. Hell, I even like the stock LG one on my phone.

I just find the blackberry one pretty darn good. Of course updates and new features are always nice, but making sure the core experience is good should always be first.

But yeah, I'll stick with Blackberry Calendar for now, maybe I'll try the Google calendar again in a few months.
    Bfalcon1 and hojomo like this.
    11-20-17 08:59 PM
    The BlackBerry calendar is good, but I use the paid version of Business Calendar for one specific reason -- it allows you to set multiple reminders for each event. For example, my anniversary... I set a reminder for a month ahead, 3 weeks ahead, one week ahead, and so on. For some events, one reminder just isn't enough.

There's no such thing as the "best calendar". There's only "the best calendar for my needs".
    Bfalcon1 and PHughes like this.
    11-20-17 09:39 PM
    Hmm, of course it will all depend on people's tastes, but I find the blackberry calendar to be excellent, probably the best on Android.

Of course Google Calendar is great, and so are many others. Hell, I even like the stock LG one on my phone.

I just find the blackberry one pretty darn good. Of course updates and new features are always nice, but making sure the core experience is good should always be first.

But yeah, I'll stick with Blackberry Calendar for now, maybe I'll try the Google calendar again in a few months.
    I tried the Google Calendar and the one on my S8. I always go back to the BlackBerry Calendar.
    hojomo likes this.
    11-21-17 05:40 AM
    I gave up on BB Calendar due to its inability to properly sync and work with various email accounts.

I tried several calendars for a week and ended up selecting aCalendar free. It is intuitive, has a nice UI and properly connects to accounts. Upgrading to paid give excellent business benefits if need be.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    11-21-17 07:57 AM
    I tried the Google Calendar and the one on my S8. I always go back to the BlackBerry Calendar.
    Did the exact same thing on my S8. Back to the BlackBerry calendar.

I'm waiting on them to give us other options on the look though. I don't really like the circles.

I have no problems syncing work (Exchange via Outlook 365), home (Exchange via outlook.com) and the LSU football and baseball schedules (via online ical accounts).
    Bfalcon1 and baldy3577 like this.
    11-21-17 09:52 AM
    The BlackBerry calendar is good, but I use the paid version of Business Calendar for one specific reason -- it allows you to set multiple reminders for each event. For example, my anniversary... I set a reminder for a month ahead, 3 weeks ahead, one week ahead, and so on. For some events, one reminder just isn't enough.

There's no such thing as the "best calendar". There's only "the best calendar for my needs".
    Yeah, god forbid you miss your anniversary!!
    11-21-17 01:38 PM
    Blackberry Calendar is better than the Google Calendar for conference calls. When a dial in number and access code are entered into the notes it recognize the event as a conference call and has a one button "Join Now" button that automatically dials the number and access code.

That is why BlackBerry is for business.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    11-23-17 04:05 PM
    I gave up on BlackBerry Calendar since the little circles and tick marks denoting events are difficult to see in the month view. I much prefer the old BlackBerry calendars and Business Calendar for the clearer markings.
    Bfalcon1 and baldy3577 like this.
    11-25-17 02:26 PM
    I gave up on BlackBerry Calendar since the little circles and tick marks denoting events are difficult to see in the month view. I much prefer the old BlackBerry calendars and Business Calendar for the clearer markings.
    Totally agree. Can't stand the circles. The BB10 calendar layout was much more efficient and effective.
    12-20-17 01:27 AM
    Supposedly there are rumors to update the calendar and remove the circles. It would make sense.
    PHughes likes this.
    12-20-17 05:55 AM
    I used CalenGoo on my Passport and now on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It displays the name of the event, not little circles that don't. I also use the Google Calendar.
    12-20-17 06:51 AM
    It's not the circles that are annoying. It's the positioning of the information displayed. It's just not an intuitive layout. For me, I'd like the day's event details to be static at the bottom and the upper pane to have the movement. It's gets confusing when the month's weeks are split by information. I'm used to it, but it could be better.

But aside from that part of the user interface, I love/use it for the caldav capability, which works fantastically with our email server.
    12-20-17 10:32 AM
    For me, the circles are annoying as I only use the bottom half basically. With the BB10 layout I set my work day hours and would use the whole right side of each days box to outline my appointments. It was just much more efficient to glance down and see if it was moving or afternoon appointments, plus the larger the date number grew, I could quickly see how busy I am.

The circles and the color scheme of the whole app and widget look dated as well.
    12-20-17 04:58 PM
    The blackberry calendar on bb10 is the one I wish would work on android. As it is the one on android is not very good with the little circles and marks. So I mainly use the Google one for now.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-17 07:43 AM
    Yeah, god forbid you miss your anniversary!!
    Just forget it once and I promise you'll never need to set another reminder for it 😂
    12-23-17 01:56 PM

Like this BlackBerry vs Google Calendar-photogrid_1514768701459.jpg
    12-31-17 07:06 PM
    The ability to add multiple notifications and have them sync is dependant upon what calendar service you are syncing to. Google calendar allows them (I'm assuming the above screenshot is a google calendar in bb calendar as that is also the way mine looks. ) Exchange does not allow multiple notifications or at least the version that we use at work doesn't not support it.
    01-01-18 09:48 AM
    I use aCalendar+. It's a paid app but works great. Easy to use and keep track everything.
    01-03-18 01:05 AM
    Another vote to get rid of the circles in BB Calendar and return to an interface that 's easier to read such as the BB10 one
    01-17-18 06:11 AM
    I sync with an icloud calendar and I think the blackberry calender is find, I've used it for years. The google calender is like a child's version pictures etc, horrible
    hojomo likes this.
    01-18-18 07:19 AM
    Another vote to get rid of the circles in BB Calendar and return to an interface that 's easier to read such as the BB10 one
    That's got my vote.

Posted via CB10
    baldy3577 likes this.
    01-19-18 03:13 PM
    I'm using Google Calendar since yesterday on my Priv. I loved BB Calendar in BB10, but on the Android version I'm experiencing some inconsistencies. It's been acting weird. For example, I have an event that takes place the 5th of every month at 9:00 am, and every month, I don't have the notification. I left the phone on my desk, unlock it at lunch and there is no notification, and when I check the calendar the event is there, but is like the app skipped it.

I don't know if is a problem that happened when I moved all my data with Content Transfer or what.
    If I create a test event let's say for the next 10 minutes, it works ok.

Whatever it is, I can't trust it anymore.
    01-20-18 05:00 PM
    After a few days using Google calendar I'm having the same issue.
    I set an event that takes place every Wednesday at 21:00. I set two notifications, one 30 minutes before as an email, and a regular notification 5 minutes before.
    I did get the email 30 min earlier, but no notification at all 5 minutes before.
    It's like the Android notifications are not working correctly, the same happened when I was using BlackBerry calendar.

It's frustrating not being able to rely on such important function.
    01-31-18 06:11 PM
    I have been using the BlackBerry Calendar for years. Does anyone think it is falling behind? Would you move to the Google Calendar since it seems to offer more features? I also notice in these forums a lot of people using Business Calendar.
    I use them both
    02-02-18 09:43 AM
31 12