I have installed cobalt's BlackBerry manager on my handphone.. using cbm, I have downloaded hub+services, inbox, notable and keyboard.. all the apps are working except BlackBerry keyboard.. when I selected it as default keyboard, a message pops up saying it has stopped..

when I went in the setting of BlackBerry keyboard, I can't access to prediction and correction. the same message pops up..

the BlackBerry keyone app is 52mb in the BlackBerry manager..

any solution?
    07-24-19 06:03 AM
    I have installed cobalt's BlackBerry manager on my handphone.. using cbm, I have downloaded hub+services, inbox, notable and keyboard.. all the apps are working except BlackBerry keyboard.. when I selected it as default keyboard, a message pops up saying it has stopped..

when I went in the setting of BlackBerry keyboard, I can't access to prediction and correction. the same message pops up..

any solution?
    Exactly what device and Android version are you using?

You might need to go back a version for it to work as the latest doesn't support older architecture, I think you can find it somewhere in the BB Manager according to Cobalt - I've not the Manager myself.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-19 06:29 AM

any solution?
    Newest BlackBerry keyboard needs 64bit system to run. You can find an older version that works with 32bit and sideload the APK though the patch file option in Cobalt's manager (pick from the '3 dots' menu at top right of the app).
    07-24-19 10:27 AM
    It's not so much a 32 vs. 64 bit, issue. It's the processor ARM version in the SOC.
    The latest BlackBerry Virtual keyboard no longer supports ARM v7. Only ARM v8.

Maybe it was the result of stripping out the Swiftkey engine.
    07-24-19 11:19 AM
    Exactly what device and Android version are you using?

You might need to go back a version for it to work as the latest doesn't support older architecture, I think you can find it somewhere in the BB Manager according to Cobalt - I've not the Manager myself.

Posted via CB10
    lenovo 2G ram, android 6 os.
    07-24-19 09:32 PM
    Newest BlackBerry keyboard needs 64bit system to run. You can find an older version that works with 32bit and sideload the APK though the patch file option in Cobalt's manager (pick from the '3 dots' menu at top right of the app).
    how to look for an older version in the cbm?

the three dots menu only got check for updates and patch a file..

when I tapped on the patch a file, it goes to download app and there are a few files listed but I don't know which file to patch..

I simply tapped a file and it said failed to read package..
    07-24-19 09:35 PM
    hi guys! I have successfully downloaded an older version of the keyboard.. I tapped the 3 bars on the top left and then selected the repository to download the keyboard ver 3...

the BlackBerry vkb is so so much better than google keyboard.. how I have missed it since my z30 days..

really really wish they have it officially in playstore..

thank you, everyone! for your inputs..
    07-24-19 10:17 PM
    hi guys! I have successfully downloaded an older version of the keyboard.. I tapped the 3 bars on the top left and then selected the repository to download the keyboard ver 3...

the BlackBerry vkb is so so much better than google keyboard.. how I have missed it since my z30 days..

Yay! Enjoy the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    07-24-19 10:20 PM

Glad you got it working.
    07-24-19 10:45 PM
    Maybe it was the result of stripping out the Swiftkey engine.
    This is interesting...hadn't noticed this but Samsung sets itself as the default spell check even though default keyboard was set to BlackBerry. Set to BlackBerry spell check now. Hopefully autocorrection will improve now that I am using the BlackBerry engine instead of Samsung.
    Last edited by dendron01; 07-25-19 at 09:20 PM.
    07-25-19 01:54 PM