I made the jump to pixel 3xl and was super excited to get the BlackBerry vkb back, after a few months I have to say I'm very disappointed in the vkb, it's miles away of what it used to be on my priv , I was using a classic, then key1 and coming back and it's not as accurate with Word suggestions and corrections.
    11-02-19 06:09 PM
    Try using an older version .apk.

Posted via CB10
    dan99x99 and Jake2826 like this.
    11-02-19 06:31 PM
    GBoard (stock Pixel keyboard) blows the BlackBerry keyboard out of the water... learn to perfect it and you won't look back.
    11-02-19 08:05 PM
    Does it offer flicking of words? That's why the BlackBerry vkb won me over coming originally from a bold , then I went z10,z30,priv and it kept getting better and better until now

GBoard (stock Pixel keyboard) blows the BlackBerry keyboard out of the water... learn to perfect it and you won't look back.
    11-02-19 10:57 PM
    I use the vkb on my Galaxy S9. Works great for me. Give it some time to learn your typing. It's not perfect, but nothing really is.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    11-02-19 11:14 PM
    Omg. The fastest thing I can do on an Android device is replace GBoard with the BlackBerry keyboard app.

That's the difference between a casual typer and a keyboard warrior.

I have a Pixel 3 as well to play around with, and it's a nice device. But the keyboards aren't in the same league.
    Last edited by conite; 11-03-19 at 01:00 AM.
    11-03-19 12:43 AM
    Does it offer flicking of words? That's why the BlackBerry vkb won me over coming originally from a bold , then I went z10,z30,priv and it kept getting better and better until now
    GBoard doesn't supprty "words flicking" which I love too and I think is actually one of those BlackBerry patents as no other keyboard app I know support this feature either so yeah, you will have to tap predicted words, install a hacked BlackBerry keyboard or wait until BlackBerry make their keyboard available on Play Store...
    11-03-19 01:20 AM
    I made the jump to pixel 3xl and was super excited to get the BlackBerry vkb back, after a few months I have to say I'm very disappointed in the vkb, it's miles away of what it used to be on my priv , I was using a classic, then key1 and coming back and it's not as accurate with Word suggestions and corrections.
    Use gboard, trust me, blackbery keyboard in android is a joke (I tried cobalt). Just use it, it'll learn you.
    11-03-19 06:13 AM
    I think gboard is a little better to type on but I live for features like copy and paste with the symbol key and the swipe gestures of the BB keyboard.

Can't thank cobalt enough for providing it to non BB device users. It is a keyboard that I would not mind paying for if that was the only way to get it.
    11-07-19 11:52 PM
    Gboard allows to use at the same time 3 different languages, without need to switch languages.....
    11-08-19 12:29 AM
    I think gboard is a little better to type on but I live for features like copy and paste with the symbol key and the swipe gestures of the BB keyboard.

Can't thank cobalt enough for providing it to non BB device users. It is a keyboard that I would not mind paying for if that was the only way to get it.
    I would pay also in order to get it officially, cobalts method is definitely much appreciated, but the app seems to be just a tad finicky at times
    11-13-19 04:11 PM
    BlackBerry VKB is only better than Gboard if swiping up on letters to autocomplete word is very important to you.
    Swiping back on delete key is really good too on BB VKB.

However, where it will fall very short compared to Gboard is one handed swiping.

On BB VKB, one handed swiping is just awful, it almost never gets the right word (at least for me).
    And besides, you can't have both the swiping and the flicking up words at the same time anyway.
    11-13-19 04:37 PM
    Omg. The fastest thing I can do on an Android device is replace GBoard with the BlackBerry keyboard app.

Me too. Swiping up words and swipe left to delete are so smooth on the BlackBerry vkb. I'm not having the same issues that the OP is reporting and I've had the BlackBerry vkb installed on a Sony Xperia Z3, Essential Phone, Note8, Pixel 3 and my wife's S8. Not a single problem to report.
    11-13-19 08:32 PM
    I think you would be happy with BlackBerry keyboard version 3.4.1.16282

This seems to be the last version with the previous prediction engine (Swiftkey?). I prefer the Prediction engine on that version, but prefer some of the smaller physical keyboard programming adjustments on the current versions.
    Last edited by Jake2826; 11-14-19 at 01:25 AM.
    11-13-19 08:42 PM
    I think you would be happy with BlackBerry keyboard version 3.4.1.16282

This seems to be the last version with the previous prediction engine (Swiftkey?). I prefer the Prediction engine on that version, but prefer some of the smaller physical keyboard programming adjustments on the current versions.
    Yes exactly!! Why would they remove swiftkey engine if they weren't even going to release it to all androids . Very disappointed!
    11-16-19 06:07 PM